Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 08:32 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,571,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I thought well.....at least their burning through pitches with Morton in a game where they may not have needed him....but now Morton is out with an injury after 44 pitches.

If he comes back in the series, the low pitch count could be a blessing for the Braves. If he's out for the series, that would obviously be a negative for the Braves. Minter replaces Morton and the first batter, Brantley, gets a double.

Nope.

It's a fracture. Morton is out for the Series.

I heard earlier today that McCullers (Astros) is also out for the series with his injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 09:55 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,571,052 times
Astros batters = double digit strikeouts tonight (including 3 so far by Altuve).

This only happened 35 times during the regular season.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:37 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,565,154 times
Geeze, I hate that we lost CM. That lost just weakened a big advantage that them Bravos had on Houston. ATL is showing that top 3 power hitting team status tonight. Houston, like LA, will adjust and pinch back. We got 1 of 2 in Houston no matter what.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:35 AM

25,848 posts, read 12,881,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Phillies fan, so.. This is almost sacrilege.. but, the Braves.

Do I *THINK* they'll win? No, but I don't want the Astros to win.

Thank God I don't have to make the decision between the METS and Astros.

Braves will probably lose in the most heartbreaking, gut wrenching way possible. A 4 game sweep just doesn't do justice to how they'll lose. Up 3 games to none, 9 run lead going into the 9th in games 4-7 and losing.. THAT'S how the Braves do it!

As a Phillies fan, I consider the Braves competitive rivals. Usually good games between them, they're often important, but there's no real hatred towards them. The only hatred I have is that being here in SC, there's tons of bandwagon Braves fans to put up with.
You've got my Braves, and all of Georgia big time sports pegged. I've been living the nightmare since the 1995 World Series win....26 years of misery, w/ just enough hope to keep me watching.

Your description is the most likely scenario I can think of...max torture of anyone who dares to root for any big time sports team based in Georgia.

UGA will likely be up 28-3 at halftime in the National title game, & lose in the final second of the game on a pick 6.

The Falcons are my favorite sport team now in Georgia because they are not trying to get anyone's hopes up.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:27 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,700,954 times
Yesterday turned into a must win for the Braves once Morton went out for the series. Couldn't afford to let the Astros come back and win. Braves did their job, take 1 in Houston.

However, losing Morton is huge because now you have 2 SP left which means probably 2 bullpen games ahead. Braves really need to win one of the next two. Not sure they can afford to get behind 2-1 without 3 SP's.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:09 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,634,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Yesterday turned into a must win for the Braves once Morton went out for the series. Couldn't afford to let the Astros come back and win. Braves did their job, take 1 in Houston.

However, losing Morton is huge because now you have 2 SP left which means probably 2 bullpen games ahead. Braves really need to win one of the next two. Not sure they can afford to get behind 2-1 without 3 SP's.
Agree that Game 1 became a must win for Atlanta, but losing Morton isn't exactly a disaster. They'll have to strategize a bit for games 4 & 5 but there's enough depth in the bullpen to get by. If they lose Fried or Anderson then it becomes a problem.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,286,724 times
What CM did is nothing short of amazing.
I fractured mine a couple of years ago and afterwards, I could barely hobble to the sofa.
I can't imagine continuing to play ball like he did.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:58 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,310,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
You've got my Braves, and all of Georgia big time sports pegged. I've been living the nightmare since the 1995 World Series win....26 years of misery, w/ just enough hope to keep me watching.

Your description is the most likely scenario I can think of...max torture of anyone who dares to root for any big time sports team based in Georgia.

UGA will likely be up 28-3 at halftime in the National title game, & lose in the final second of the game on a pick 6.

The Falcons are my favorite sport team now in Georgia because they are not trying to get anyone's hopes up.

You had to use 28-3 didn't you? lol

there's lots of true Braves fans around this area (Greenville, SC) as we were the Braves AA farm team for many, many years. I remember seeing Chipper Jones, David Justice, Glavine.. The entire 90's lineup for the most part come up through the ranks.. And.. Yes.. I even went to see Michael Jordan play baseball when Birmingham came through town.

I used to work for Domino's that delivered to the team hotel.. Problem was.. It was the VISITING team hotel. I used to trade a pizza for autographs or baseballs.. I went through all that a few years back.. I lost that bet. BADLY. I found only a handful of players who ever made it past AA and even fewer who made it to the bigs.. and they didn't last long.

Imagine if I had autographs of the litany of players who came up through the Braves farm system at that time.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:01 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,299,741 times
Game 2 final: Astros 7, Braves 2

Max Fried chose to have a bad game serving up five earned runs. He took himself back to his early days in the majors with inconsistency. The World Series is not the time for inconsistencies.

The Braves' bats were not hitting balls for base hits and runs.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:18 AM

928 posts, read 500,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

You and me both. You and me both...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball