Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,148,915 times

Advertisements

I don't care what anyone says,love em or hate em the Yankees are the most talked about and followed team in baseball.They bring in the most money for their team and others while on the road.All bow down to the NY Yankees!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,249,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I don't care what anyone says,love em or hate em the Yankees are the most talked about and followed team in baseball.They bring in the most money for their team and others while on the road.All bow down to the NY Yankees!!!
I'll pass..........

Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,103,853 times
Quote:
Be careful, a couple more yr's of not winning anything and your team will become irrellevent like they were from the late 70's through the mid 90's.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
Be careful, a couple more yr's of not winning anything and your team will become irrellevent like they were from the late 70's through the mid 90's.
Get your years right! After 81' till about 1994.In 1995 we started to break out of it.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:58 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Did you really use the term "bow down?" Goodness gracious, great balls of fire...I guess you did!

So I reach for my bookcase, where I keep my copy of George Mead's wonderful little paperback, The Official New York Yankee Hater's Handbook and I declare, Let's Go Mets!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Did you really use the term "bow down?" Goodness gracious, great balls of fire...I guess you did!

So I reach for my bookcase, where I keep my copy of George Mead's wonderful little paperback, The Official New York Yankee Hater's Handbook and I declare, Let's Go Mets!
LOL,that must be the English part of me(Henry VIII busting out!). I love the attention getters.I think there are too many haters when they don't see the revenue created by the Yankees for other teams.When they play an away game or based on revenue sharing they're generating alot of $$$ for another franchise.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:44 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
The truth is, I don't actually hate the Yankees so much as I try to ignore them. Although when they played in the World Series against the Atlanta Braves, that was a different story. Then it became 'us' against 'them,' and as far as I was concerned, the Yanks couldn't pile on too many runs.

Hopefully (since hope springs eternal), this year results in that thing baseball fans around the country have nightmares about: a Subway Series.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
The truth is, I don't actually hate the Yankees so much as I try to ignore them. Although when they played in the World Series against the Atlanta Braves, that was a different story. Then it became 'us' against 'them,' and as far as I was concerned, the Yanks couldn't pile on too many runs.

Hopefully (since hope springs eternal), this year results in that thing baseball fans around the country have nightmares about: a Subway Series.
New Yorks version of a Monopoly!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:15 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Quote:
Quote:

Both of you speak truth!!!! Mets in World Series against anyone else, go Mets, other than that go Yankees!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 02:21 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,761 times
You can go anywhere in the world, virtually, and spot someone sporting the midnight blue, interlocking NY hat. If you had to make a list or a book of "great moments" of any team in baseball, a list or book about the Yankees would be the longest by far. There is so much history. There are so many players famous for being Yankees; there is just no other team that comes even CLOSE. Go to the Baseball Hall of Fame if you don't believe me.

Yankees rule. If you want proof, take a worldwide poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball