Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will go down as the best of all time?
Jordan 28 58.33%
Lebron 9 18.75%
No clear cut winner, it will remain debatable 11 22.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 11:21 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Jordan couldn't lead the Tarheels to the Final Four on his own. Georgia and Indiana were just too much for him. But of course, he could have been doing what Lebron was doing at the same age in the NBA.
Must everything be broken down to elementary level for some of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 12:52 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
So you are changing your tune from him having other players to catch up to still?

Not at all, because there are other players in the debatable category...

Old 06-21-2016, 12:54 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,328,394 times
I think 6-0 will always win, but LeBron has been the most dominant player of this era. And regarding LeBron vs. Kobe, at least LeBron was the best team on all three of his championship teams.

There really is no way to determine and not even a fantasy game on NBA 2KWhatever can rightfully decide. Even though I agree that the league is embarrassingly soft compared to the glory days, I think this debate is really similar to when people come down to watch their old high school football team and saying, "If we were still playing we would be kicking ass."

Old 06-21-2016, 06:45 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
The ESPN hype machine never quits, does it?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:02 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Default LeBron's unique Finals accomplishment

Against what many had proclaimed the best team in NBA history, LeBron James cemented his place in NBA history with this never before accomplished feat:

<<James’s performance in this series was overwhelming. He was the first player to lead both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks not only in the N.B.A. finals but in any postseason series of any length, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.>>

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/sp...well.html?_r=0

This certainly is a feather in LeBron's cap in any comparison with MJ.

Anybody who recognizes that basketball ultimately is a team sport surely will appreciate how LeBron's game transcends that of even MJ.

<<Irving got at what so many miss when they complain that James does not commandeer games like a Michael Jordan or a Kobe Bryant. James has a point guard’s temperament; he will spend quarters orchestrating, trying to get his team to play as one.>>

Old 06-21-2016, 08:12 AM

491 posts, read 1,652,281 times
Lol, I thought this conversation was over when Lebron was humiliated by the Mavericks in the Finals then destroyed in 5 games by the Spurs in the Finals, finally breaking up the big three.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:46 AM

596 posts, read 428,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
Lol, I thought this conversation was over when Lebron was humiliated by the Mavericks in the Finals then destroyed in 5 games by the Spurs in the Finals, finally breaking up the big three.

You know something else happened in the interim right? When did Jordan ever face a team in the Finals that was as dominate as the Warriors were this past regular season? That fact alone erases the Dallas and Spurs factors.

That being said, Jordan is GOAT. Period. LBJ is great too, probably top 5 but not near Jordan.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:48 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
James is good, but he is nowhere close to being better than Jordan.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 AM

596 posts, read 428,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
James is good, but he is nowhere close to being better than Jordan.

Nowhere close? Can we stop with the hyperbole? Nowhere close would be Harold Miner, baby Jordan. Nowhere close would be Tracy McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Penny Hardaway, et. al.

LBJ is close, actually. Not right there, but he's close. I'm not sure he can get closer than he is right now.

But calm down on the crazy statements.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:56 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
I don't think any sport has a "best ever" and it will always be debatable. I'll argue Tom Brady is the best QB ever, but I'm from Boston.

I think each sport has that top tier with a limited number of players, and it seems pretty clear LeBron is on that same tier with Jordan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball