Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 12:53 PM

10,356 posts, read 8,583,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He has already had his share of injuries. And the team seemed to play better without him last year. Time for them to move on?
I remember that when my warriors played them. I wanted Morant back because all the other players stood back and watched him play. Without him the team members all stepped up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2023, 02:13 PM

1,117 posts, read 453,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Nah, I think it's all blown out of proportion. He'll learn his lesson. Get fined. Miss some games and that will be it. Just get rid of some of his so-called friends. I am not a big fan of the Grizzlies but Ja is a damn good player. Just made a twenty stupid mistake.
Yeah. With his talent he will get a max contract asap with the other 29 teams if memphis cuts him loose.

Old 03-09-2023, 11:13 AM

4,003 posts, read 2,368,341 times
See. Swept neatly under the rug.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...63200874&ei=44

Memphis Grizzlies’ star Ja Morant will not be charged for his IG Live gun incident, per Shams Charania. The Glendale, Colorado police closed the investigation and released a statement on the matter:
“Just in: Glendale, Colorado police has closed its investigation into Grizzlies star Ja Morant with no charge or crime: ‘There was not enough available evidence to charge anyone with a crime,'” Charania wrote on Twitter.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:38 PM

Well, at least going by the pictures, he had a good time, lol.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/14/ja-mor...rizzlies-star/

With Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant sidelined indefinitely following a string of troubling incidents, one NBA insider reiterated his concern for the 23-year-old’s well-being beyond the court. During an appearance on a recent episode of the “Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective” podcast, Marc J. Spears said he thinks “there’s a lot going on” in regard to Morant, who is currently seeking counseling outside of Memphis. “My prayers to him, that he figures it out. There’s things I’m hearing that I’d rather probably not say on this podcast, but I hope he’s taking care of himself,” Spears said. “I’m not really worried about the basketball part for him right now. I’m worried about the human part, and that, when he does come back, he’s healthy, mentally and physically.”

“My guess now is, not that you’d bet on this, is that he doesn’t play the rest of the season as he takes care of himself,” Spears said.

Old 03-14-2023, 02:06 PM

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times
Quote:
Well, at least going by the pictures, he had a good time, lol.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/14/ja-mor...rizzlies-star/

With Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant sidelined indefinitely following a string of troubling incidents, one NBA insider reiterated his concern for the 23-year-old’s well-being beyond the court. During an appearance on a recent episode of the “Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective” podcast, Marc J. Spears said he thinks “there’s a lot going on” in regard to Morant, who is currently seeking counseling outside of Memphis. “My prayers to him, that he figures it out. There’s things I’m hearing that I’d rather probably not say on this podcast, but I hope he’s taking care of himself,” Spears said. “I’m not really worried about the basketball part for him right now. I’m worried about the human part, and that, when he does come back, he’s healthy, mentally and physically.”

“My guess now is, not that you’d bet on this, is that he doesn’t play the rest of the season as he takes care of himself,” Spears said.
That is too bad for Memphis if he is done for the season. What about a Lillard for Morant trade in the off season? Portland needs to reboot and can try to build a team around Morant and Memphis with a guy like Lillard could make that step towards a NBA finals appearance.

Old 03-15-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is too bad for Memphis if he is done for the season. What about a Lillard for Morant trade in the off season? Portland needs to reboot and can try to build a team around Morant and Memphis with a guy like Lillard could make that step towards a NBA finals appearance.
Initially, I like that trade scenario. However, the Blazers don't want to bring back that ole' moniker, "Jail breakers." Don't see the Blazers doing that trade from that alone.

Old 03-15-2023, 06:30 AM

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times
Quote:
Initially, I like that trade scenario. However, the Blazers don't want to bring back that ole' moniker, "Jail breakers." Don't see the Blazers doing that trade from that alone.
Perhaps. Forgot about that nick name. But my hunch is Ja is going to get moved. Look at last season when he was out a long stretch the team played better. To me that is an indication his impact is not all positive for that team.

Grizzlies’ Ja Morant To Get Suspension For 50+ Games?

The league’s rules about firearms being in an NBA facility or when traveling for league business stems from an incident with Gilbert Arenas in 2010. He was suspended indefinitely for bringing weapons into the locker room. This could result in a suspension of 50+ games.

Old 03-16-2023, 07:13 AM

Jalen Rose scooped an interview with Ja. Should be interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...b1950cbf&ei=29

Rose, who's an NBA analyst for ESPN, is getting ready to interview Memphis Grizzles star guard Ja Morant, who is still away from the team.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:46 AM

Ja being interviewed by Jalen Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqM8lN5oYIQ

Old 03-17-2023, 06:17 AM

There have even been travel measures taken to curtail nightlife habits this season, with the Grizzlies leaving more road cities (especially the glitzier ones, like Miami) immediately after the game instead of staying overnight. Additional accountability measures may follow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...325731a5&ei=15

Ok, IMHO, the only thing he did wrong was brandish a gun in a public place which would be a felony. He wasn't charged with anything criminal. He should be admonished, fined some games. Then leave him to his own devices. If Ja wants to go to strip clubs after work/game is over, that would be his choice. That's his personal time. An employer should not infringe on his personal time. I have a problem with this as an employee. His "night life habits" are none of his employer's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball