Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 06:42 AM

30,197 posts, read 11,845,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
There have even been travel measures taken to curtail nightlife habits this season, with the Grizzlies leaving more road cities (especially the glitzier ones, like Miami) immediately after the game instead of staying overnight. Additional accountability measures may follow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...325731a5&ei=15

Ok, IMHO, the only thing he did wrong was brandish a gun in a public place which would be a felony. He wasn't charged with anything criminal. He should be admonished, fined some games. Then leave him to his own devices. If Ja wants to go to strip clubs after work/game is over, that would be his choice. That's his personal time. An employer should not infringe on his personal time. I have a problem with this as an employee. His "night life habits" are none of his employer's business.
He is not just a fry cook at Burger King going out and having fun on this time off work. He is high profile and represents the NBA and those who are in partnership with him for endorsement deals. He screws up and it damages the reputation of the NBA and any company who pays him to promote their products. So I think he night life habits are literally their business. When it gets to the point of bringing a gun into a night club or his posse flashing laser lights at opposing teams. That is a big problem.

I think he will calm it down. He has to. If he wants to be in the MVP conversation and be up there with Curry, Durant, LeBron, Giannis, etc. He needs to act like them and focus on basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2023, 06:53 AM

4,014 posts, read 2,372,974 times
True. But all those guys go to strip clubs. Harden spent over 500k at strip clubs in Houston. This is documented. Nothing done to him or the teams Harden played for. When Morant's night life activities become public, then it is a problem. Especially when he does criminal acts. I get it. However, what he does after he finished working/playing the game/ talking to media, etc. should not be subject to the scrutiny of his employer. I guess I am saying he should have been smart about posting in IG and keeping his personal affairs to himself.

Old 03-17-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
True. But all those guys go to strip clubs. Harden spent over 500k at strip clubs in Houston. This is documented. Nothing done to him or the teams Harden played for. When Morant's night life activities become public, then it is a problem. Especially when he does criminal acts. I get it. However, what he does after he finished working/playing the game/ talking to media, etc. should not be subject to the scrutiny of his employer. I guess I am saying he should have been smart about posting in IG and keeping his personal affairs to himself.
I have read there is a lot of stuff that not just NBA but athletes from all the professional sports do that is simply not reported by the media covering them. A lot of it involves women, strippers, girlfriends on the side etc. But its something that is common knowledge for those who have access to that world. Obviouslty if you are going to have access to NBA players for interviews, stories, etc you can never mention any of that or you will get shut out of access.

I think Harden is on the extreme end of that. And look his career started a downward spiral at 29 or 30. Ja probably has that same sort of off the court lifestyle. If he is fine partying and being washed up by his early 30's. That is his business. Chatter I have heard about him is he drinks really heavily. If he is fine having a career trajectory like Harden its still a good career. But he if wants to still play at an all star lever into his mid 30's he can't live like he is living. You can have fun but have to keep it in check.

Old 03-18-2023, 10:34 AM

22,358 posts, read 29,481,224 times
His whole family is from the ghetto. If he wasn't able to shoot a ball through a hoop, he'd be selling drugs, in jail or dead.

Old 03-18-2023, 10:36 AM

22,358 posts, read 29,481,224 times
Quote:
There have even been travel measures taken to curtail nightlife habits this season, with the Grizzlies leaving more road cities (especially the glitzier ones, like Miami) immediately after the game instead of staying overnight. Additional accountability measures may follow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...325731a5&ei=15

Ok, IMHO, the only thing he did wrong was brandish a gun in a public place which would be a felony. He wasn't charged with anything criminal. He should be admonished, fined some games. Then leave him to his own devices. If Ja wants to go to strip clubs after work/game is over, that would be his choice. That's his personal time. An employer should not infringe on his personal time. I have a problem with this as an employee. His "night life habits" are none of his employer's business.

When is he being paid millions of dollars to represent the Grizzlies, it is their business. He is a public figure and a role model to kids. He is held to a different standard. He should know better.

Old 03-18-2023, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
His whole family is from the ghetto. If he wasn't able to shoot a ball through a hoop, he'd be selling drugs, in jail or dead.
I don't believe that is true. His parents went to college. He had a middle class upbringing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball