Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 10:01 AM

30,202 posts, read 11,854,790 times

Advertisements

Not smart at all. Home stretch of the season. Not time to be doing this with your posse. Ja is claiming the laser pointer incident is "pretty much not true" not a real strong no. Should he be suspended more than 2 games?

Grizzlies' Ja Morant to be 'away from the team' for two games after social media post of him brandishing a gun

Memphis Grizzlies star guard Ja Morant will be away from the team for the next two games at least, the Grizzlies announced on Saturday. The decision came shortly after it was revealed that the NBA is investigating a post that was circulating on social media on Saturday in which Morant is seen appearing to brandish a gun at a club.

And this laser light being allegedly pointed at Pacers by associates of Ja

Bob Kravitz and Sam Amick of The Athletic reported "acquaintances" of Morant "aggressively confronted members of the Pacers traveling party near the team's bus in the loading area of FedExForum, and later someone in a slow-moving SUV—which Morant was riding in—trained a red laser on them."
One security guard said the red laser was "100 percent" attached to a gun, while another person said "we felt we were in grave danger" upon seeing it.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-05-2023 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2023, 12:23 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,006,489 times
How old is Morant? 23 I believe. He needs to grown up. His maturity level seems to be that of a 16 year old. Your above post doesn't include the incident at a mall in which him and his crew threatened a security guard or flashing a gun, at his home, towards a 17 year old.

It is pathetic that a multi millionaire grown man with everything and anything available to him would act in such a manner. It is sad what we except out of 23 years now. Steven A. Smith was going on about Ja's daddy and how his daddy has to look over him. It was only a few generations ago that 23 years where officers in the US military and leading troops in WW II, Korea, Vietnam and even in recent conflicts, now we have spoiled perpetual children like Ja Morant.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 03-05-2023 at 12:38 PM..

Old 03-05-2023, 03:46 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,101,563 times
What is funny is that Ja isn't even from the hood. He comes from a 2 parent household in a upper middle class neighborhood.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...disappointment

Old 03-05-2023, 09:17 PM

10,358 posts, read 8,592,498 times
For a team that seems to embrace cockiness that still hasn’t done anything, this could be tough. Thug dirty players on the team aren’t likely a good influence.
Morant could have a great career if doesn’t screw it up.

Old 03-05-2023, 10:06 PM

3,843 posts, read 4,452,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
For a team that seems to embrace cockiness that still hasn’t done anything, this could be tough. Thug dirty players on the team aren’t likely a good influence.
Morant could have a great career if doesn’t screw it up.
I was never a fan. High flying dunker but little else. I’ve seen that movie before. It ends in no rings, once the playoffs start and better defenses close off those open dunk lanes and a quick exit from the NBA was those knees get some miles on them. See Steve Francis, Derek Rose etc

Old 03-06-2023, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I was never a fan. High flying dunker but little else. I’ve seen that movie before. It ends in no rings, once the playoffs start and better defenses close off those open dunk lanes and a quick exit from the NBA was those knees get some miles on them. See Steve Francis, Derek Rose etc
He has already had his share of injuries. And the team seemed to play better without him last year. Time for them to move on?

Old 03-06-2023, 06:07 AM

4,019 posts, read 2,377,112 times
Nah, I think it's all blown out of proportion. He'll learn his lesson. Get fined. Miss some games and that will be it. Just get rid of some of his so-called friends. I am not a big fan of the Grizzlies but Ja is a damn good player. Just made a twenty stupid mistake.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:20 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,006,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Nah, I think it's all blown out of proportion. He'll learn his lesson. Get fined. Miss some games and that will be it. Just get rid of some of his so-called friends. I am not a big fan of the Grizzlies but Ja is a damn good player. Just made a twenty stupid mistake.
Four incidents in six months is not a twenty stupid mistake it is a pattern of behavior. My hunch is there are many more not reported incidents.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:14 AM

4,019 posts, read 2,377,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Four incidents in six months is not a twenty stupid mistake it is a pattern of behavior. My hunch is there are many more not reported incidents.
Last I heard he hasn't been charged with anything according to law enforcement. It'll blow over.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Last I heard he hasn't been charged with anything according to law enforcement. It'll blow over.
I think what it does say is he is not as focused as he should be on hoops. Its like Harden and the strip clubs. Or all the stuff that Kyrie gets into. Gilbert Arenas. You never hear about this stuff with KD or Lebron or Curry. Not now and not when they were Ja's age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball