Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 09:15 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Yeah it has to be Wemby for ROY. No question about it. I’ll be really curious to see what off-season moves the Spurs make. They absolutely have to get some quality pieces around him so that we can see just how high his ceiling is. It would be a tragedy if the Spurs turn into the Angels who wasted Ohtani and Trout. I don’t think the Spurs would be that bad but I was disappointed that they didn’t seem to even try to get him someone to play with. Chris Paul would have been excellent for him once it was clear the Dubs were not going to be great. I guess we shall see.
I agree, a solid pass-first PG, and preferrably a great one, should be priority number one.
They don't really need much else (for Wembanyama to reach his ceiling), because if they get a great SG or great SF it will take shots away from Wembanyama.

Of course to win a championship they'd probably need an all-star or borderline all-star SG or SF.
But as far as Wembanyama ceiling goes, they just need a PG to throw lobs to him, and prevent teammates from chucking.

In the meantime, Wembanyama handles the ball very well for his size, so at least he can take matters into his own hands on the perimeter and should be able to score 25+ppg next season if they don't get a decent PG.
If they get a decent PG, Wembanyama probably scores 30ppg next season and God knows what in his prime...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I agree, a solid pass-first PG, and preferrably a great one, should be priority number one.
They don't really need much else (for Wembanyama to reach his ceiling), because if they get a great SG or great SF it will take shots away from Wembanyama.

Of course to win a championship they'd probably need an all-star or borderline all-star SG or SF.
But as far as Wembanyama ceiling goes, they just need a PG to throw lobs to him, and prevent teammates from chucking.

In the meantime, Wembanyama handles the ball very well for his size, so at least he can take matters into his own hands on the perimeter and should be able to score 25+ppg next season if they don't get a decent PG.
If they get a decent PG, Wembanyama probably scores 30ppg next season and God knows what in his prime...
I think he needs the following:
one rebounder with size who can preferably play the 5 spot
a couple of good 3 and d guys.
a decent pg.

Get him that and I dont see why the Spurs cant get to at least .500 next season, and then continue to grow from there and possibly make the playoffs the next year after that.

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

6,998 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I think he needs the following:
one rebounder with size who can preferably play the 5 spot
a couple of good 3 and d guys.
a decent pg.

Get him that and I dont see why the Spurs cant get to at least .500 next season, and then continue to grow from there and possibly make the playoffs the next year after that.
So, what's the deal with Andre Drummond? Why not him? His counting stats are really high for his limited minutes, and his advanced stats still say he is a plus player, finished tied for 3rd on the Bulls in WS, despite playing 1/2 the time as the players above him, best defensive rating on the team.

I say buy low on him, still only 30. He can provide an insane volume of rebounds and be a lob threat inside. Sub him out for shooter when needed and give Wemby minutes at the 5 spot.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
So, what's the deal with Andre Drummond? Why not him? His counting stats are really high for his limited minutes, and his advanced stats still say he is a plus player, finished tied for 3rd on the Bulls in WS, despite playing 1/2 the time as the players above him, best defensive rating on the team.

I say buy low on him, still only 30. He can provide an insane volume of rebounds and be a lob threat inside. Sub him out for shooter when needed and give Wemby minutes at the 5 spot.
Yeah I think today's GMs have been brainwashed into thinking all big men have to shoot well. Drummond is a huge commodity and would have been useful for several playoff and contending teams too, including OKC. If the NBA is all about chucking threes, then offensive rebounds (and also looking after defensive rebounds) should be worth gold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball