Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 09:53 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,005,899 times

Advertisements

Is that from the same publication that published the 10 most dangerous cities in Idaho?

http://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dange...ties-in-idaho/

There is a whole bunch of other information from this website that is at least a year old.
Other states included too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 10:08 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,866,194 times
Boise/Treasure Valley will continue to grow, but perhaps a bit slower than what was predicted a decade ago. Yes, California and Washington residents looking for better home value will continue to migrate. However, the job inventory is not endless in the Boise area, and at some point this could slow the economy, depending on the national economy, and a possible recession. (make that a probable recession). I think Boise is still positioned well, but a continued boom is not anywhere near certain.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:50 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,977 times
with all that rapid growth, quality of work of subdivisions will naturally fall. Worse, when the markets revert to mean as they always do, there will be lots of people out of work and unable to make payments. Crime will increase and the gap between Boise and Sacramento will shrink ever more.

Be careful what you wish for with growth.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:54 AM

560 posts, read 436,072 times
^ I agree with Sandpointan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
good because my property taxes went up $3K this year
If you don't mind me asking, how could it go up $3k in one year? I mean unless you've got millions of $$ worth of property I don't know how that sort of a large $$ increase is a thing. Here in Texas it would be pretty easy since when we get property tax increases it can be in whole numbers (2.1 --> 3.1% etc). Hah. Did this change within the city or did the whole county change/increase from 0.77%?

Last edited by Mister Torgue; 10-06-2019 at 04:20 AM..

Old 10-07-2019, 07:55 AM

347 posts, read 401,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
^ I agree with Sandpointan.

If you don't mind me asking, how could it go up $3k in one year? I mean unless you've got millions of $$ worth of property I don't know how that sort of a large $$ increase is a thing. Here in Texas it would be pretty easy since when we get property tax increases it can be in whole numbers (2.1 --> 3.1% etc). Hah. Did this change within the city or did the whole county change/increase from 0.77%?
my assessed value went up 20%; due to leveraging it increased my property taxes $3K

Old 10-07-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
with all that rapid growth, quality of work of subdivisions will naturally fall. Worse, when the markets revert to mean as they always do, there will be lots of people out of work and unable to make payments. Crime will increase and the gap between Boise and Sacramento will shrink ever more.

Be careful what you wish for with growth.
Sacramento??
Now that is horrible.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
good because my property taxes went up $3K this year
How can your property taxes go up that much in one year?
Isn't there a cap to how much your property taxes can go up each time in Idaho?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:19 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Sacramento??
Now that is horrible.
...especially considering the Sacramento MSA has more people than the entire state of Idaho.

This isn't a Boise issue but rather the entire state of Idaho. The Coeur d'Alene area is growing fast as well, Idaho Falls is growing quickly.

The jist of that article is that the state's government is incompetent. A bunch of good ole boys and a few uber extreme far right women (heather scott) who are voted into office and attempt to keep the entire state in some funky time warp.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
...especially considering the Sacramento MSA has more people than the entire state of Idaho.

This isn't a Boise issue but rather the entire state of Idaho. The Coeur d'Alene area is growing fast as well, Idaho Falls is growing quickly.

The jist of that article is that the state's government is incompetent. A bunch of good ole boys and a few uber extreme far right women (heather scott) who are voted into office and attempt to keep the entire state in some funky time warp.
Idaho Falls Southeast Idaho is growing but it won't get as big as Boise has.
The weather down in Idaho Falls has more snow and a big harsher than Boise?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 AM

252 posts, read 297,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
How can your property taxes go up that much in one year?
Isn't there a cap to how much your property taxes can go up each time in Idaho?

I think that cap is a % not a set dollar amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area