Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:27 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times

Advertisements

Apparently a BPD officer was shot in the face by a career criminal named Angelo West. Cops pulled Angelo over, he got up and shot one officer in the face.

Crowd in the
first video is belligerent not knowing who got shot or why. Some of the spectators are Occupy Boston types who have self-appointed themselves guardians against the oppressive police. Police show startling restraint given on of their own is struggling for his life at BMC. IDK how they can even muster the will to show up the next day to protect these people from the likes of Angelo West day to day at peril of their own lives when they get this reception and appreciation.

Later in a
second video, the police chief - an AA man himself - takes the time to explain to the crowd what exactly occurred. Predictably, his explanation wasn't satisfactory either.

And for the record,
this video shows what the videographer enjoys doing with his/her free time. Is the rapper the belligerent w the police chief?

Kudos to the cops for showing amazing restraint under the circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:24 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,320,773 times
Default re

Bpd did everything right here. On top of that the cop who is injured is such a stand up guy that it's ridiculous. Former army ranger (an officer at that) served iraq, got a top cop award from Obama at the white house last year. The guy who shot the cop in the face had shot at cops in the past....yet people still want to be angry at the Bpd. It's so sad and ridiculous that it's funny. I just hope and pray that the police officer makes it. He is truly someone who should be alive and continuing to serve this country. I'm proud that we have cops like him in our city and it's tragic that he made it through in Iraq as a special ops soldier only to get shot in the face in roxbury. This country has some serious problems.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:59 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Real barbarians in our midst.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:35 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,806,256 times
And I'm sure we will hear all about how he was trying to turn his life around, an aspiring rapper or something of the sort. This guy shot at a BPD cop and a Trooper in 2001, there better be a damn good reason why he had the opportunity to do so again.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:50 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Coddling criminals and the dire consequences. At least the plice officer's parents have all deceased, so at least they won't need to deal with the physical pain of losing their beloved son.

I would launch a massive sweep of that whole area and the gang in question. I would be ruthless, and grab any and all suspects. Strike hard, and ignore all those black "community leaders" who complain about rights and other bs. Strike hard, shoot first, and let the gangs know that blatant attacks against LE will have direct consequences. Massachusetts is too soft on gangs.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:58 AM

Default re

But penny that would be unfair and racist of the police

Old 03-29-2015, 05:30 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
I wanna begin by saying Im no proponent of the police. But wrong is DEAD WRONG. This is a sad day. I used to work with some members of the TenPoint Coalition and Youth Violence Taskforce. Wed meet in Dorchester every Wednesday from 9-10. Superintendent Gross( the AA man eve seen in the video) was there. At the time Moynihan was not part of the taskforce, or at least I never saw him. Back then I got to see first hand the cops that truly care and it is there I learned that at the Trotter school on Humboldt. Gang members of H Block hide guns in the playground. THAT IS WHAT THE BOSTON POLICE HAVE TO DEAL WITH. GANGS THAT HIDE GUNS IN SCHOOL PLAYGROUNDS. My prayers go out for John Moynihan and his family. I also hope people stop denying the gang and crime problem in some of our neighborhood on this thread before someone we tAlked to gets shot in the arm like that one poor woman last night. I get we want to promote the city and want to think its one way but Im just saying there's a whole nother Boston people need to be more vigilant of. There the Boston where half of the households in this city make less than 52k with all these inflated prices and are literally scrapping to make a living and alot of it isn't so peachy .The past three weeks in roxbury its been about 10 shootings.One by a crime fighting reverend on a child and another by Gang member on a cop. I love roxbtry and have been playing and hanging out there since I was born but i have family and friends there and according to them and my own quick survey its still dangerous and there are mAjor moves and being made causing gang tension at the moment.

Angelo West aka G-Low. A well known member of H block I lived on streets away On Hummbolt and Townsend with my grandmother for a few summer. Hes also Wood Have Eagles affiliate...Hes from Hyde Park. No doubt rrsponsibl for some of the early 200s crime on Wood Have I mentioned in another thread. Also no doubt involved in the frequent shooting on Humboldt Harrishoff and Harold Street...H BLOCK. People like him are why I've recommended staying away from wood have on one thread and then there was one thread about like Crawford street. There have been multiple shooting on Harold harishoss Humboldt and they all surround Crawford street. Someone truly thought it might be a safe place to live. Incredible what an inflated housing market and the media can trick people into doing. Truly naive to move to this area by choice because unfortunately Angelo West was 41 he did most of his dirt. There's another young guy 21 about to move up.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:06 AM

Default re

' I wanna begin by saying Im no proponent of the police'

Thanks for letting us know. I can only imagine what you are a peopronant for. I'd be happy if the bpd abandoned roxbury and let then fend for themselves. Let's see how things go that way.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
' I wanna begin by saying Im no proponent of the police'

Thanks for letting us know. I can only imagine what you are a peopronant for. I'd be happy if the bpd abandoned roxbury and let then fend for themselves. Let's see how things go that way.
I should have been more specific in that I mean I don't idolize the profession or its members. Nor am I inclined to agree with them and their methodologoes without fact. Good experiences with cops and some not s good experiences. I think there could be a lot of reform. But not in this context nor in this neighborhood. Im not a proponent of criminality either so....

Old 03-29-2015, 10:36 AM

8 posts, read 11,638 times
Yeah, life is cruel. I thing PDs should develop new techniques, more effective. Human rights must be broken if people die such a way. Criminals should be blocked more intensively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston