Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:16 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,160 times

Advertisements

Fury didn't so much win the fight as Klitschko lost it. He did what most old fighters do, he could not pull the trigger and only landed somewhere around 4 punches per round. He was so afraid of opening up that he just stood and posed the entire fight. I hope he retires. Hideous performance! Fury will not reign long, he was pretty pathetic too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 06:37 PM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 574,293 times
What a horrible, horrible fight. This fights shows just how much the heavyweight division has fallen over the past few years. Absolutely no action from Clinchko. How can you expect to win a boxing match when you only land 4 or 5 punches a round? Fury moved a lot, but he might have landed 5 or 6 solid punches the whole fight, the rest of his punches were very soft, glancing jabs.

The heavyweight division is a joke right now.

The best athletes over 200lbs in America play football or basketball, its just that simple. Maybe one day the NFL defensive lineman will realize how much money can be made in boxing, and then you might see an influx of talent.

The best athletes over 200lbs in Europe play basketball.

Last edited by bigben1234; 11-29-2015 at 07:16 PM..

Old 11-29-2015, 07:41 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,578 times
Fury is not as bad as people are making him out to be. He did more damage to Wlad than what Mayweather did to Pacquaio, with the same type of style.

I don't understand how people can praise Mayweather's style against Pacquiao, which was to touch but not engage, and then criticize Fury for how he handled Klitschko.

Klitschko is old, and Fury was a tough style for him to beat. Everyone has a stylistic disadvantage if they fight the right guy. I'd like to see Wilder vs Fury. I think that will be a good fight. Wilder has bombs in his hands, but I think Fury is a better boxer.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:06 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,263,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Likely this is the case, perhaps it's just time after a long and successful career to retire. However a rematch has been tentatively announced for 2016. If Klitschko loses this one I think he will announce his retirement.

Tyson Fury and Wladimir Klitschko to meet again in a 2016 rematch - BBC Sport

He has made quite a bit of money and can train fighters or work elsewhere in the sport behind the scenes.

I don't know who would pay to see a rematch between these two, the fight yesterday afternoon was so unremarkable, I'd rather watch a rerun of Gilligan's Island or the Brady Bunch.

The most impressive part of the fight was Klitschko's usual impressive entrance, the actual fighting was pretty much non-existant.

Mr. Klitschko just needs to move on with the rest of his life and head on to new adventures, he should feel good that he made it to 40 in boxing without serious injury and be glad about it. Maybe he can do movies or something.

Mr. Fury, on the other hand, isn't that great of a fighter. He could probably earn a good purse fighting Deontay Wilder, but will probably lose.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Fury is not as bad as people are making him out to be. He did more damage to Wlad than what Mayweather did to Pacquaio, with the same type of style.

I don't understand how people can praise Mayweather's style against Pacquiao, which was to touch but not engage, and then criticize Fury for how he handled Klitschko.

Klitschko is old, and Fury was a tough style for him to beat. Everyone has a stylistic disadvantage if they fight the right guy. I'd like to see Wilder vs Fury. I think that will be a good fight. Wilder has bombs in his hands, but I think Fury is a better boxer.
Comparing Fury to Mayweather is about as absurd as one can get. It even appeared as if Fury was trying to emulate Ali by dancing and moving. He looked like a lankier, more awkward version of Larry Holmes, with arthritis. He's tall and his reach posed problems for the one-dimensional, 39-year-old Wlad, but he is by no means a respectable boxer. I think he's pathetic.

He will try to hold onto the title as long as possible, but IMO, he represents a NEW LOW. He looks like a basketball player, not a professional boxing champion. What a joke.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:04 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default Fury's win represents a new low

My sentiments exactly on Fury and what his win means to the state of heavyweight boxing.

Tyson Fury win shows new low for heavyweight boxing

Old 12-02-2015, 12:39 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Boring fight from two boring fighters. Wlad's punch output was never impressive but this last fight was pathetic. Fury is a joke. I hope he fights Wilder and gets humiliated.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:38 AM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 574,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Boring fight from two boring fighters. Wlad's punch output was never impressive but this last fight was pathetic. Fury is a joke. I hope he fights Wilder and gets humiliated.
Anthony Joshua would thoroughly beat Wlad, Wilder or Fury.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:43 PM

102 posts, read 128,947 times
Wilder next

Old 12-05-2015, 04:53 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,263,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
Wilder next

Quite probably, although one never can tell for sure with the politics of boxing and all.

But will the fight be any good? Mr. Wilder is a real big guy too, just like the the two that "fought" last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing