Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:00 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,197,399 times

Advertisements

Tyson Fury won a unanimous decision defeating Wladimir after he had a long championship reign. In 2 weeks 3 champions have been defeated overall-Rousey, Cotto and now him. Anyway it was apparently mostly an uneventful fight in regards to the action but a new champ was crowned nonetheless.

Klitschko vs Fury: Tyson Fury wins unanimous decision against Wladimir Klitschko | Boxing News | Sky Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 05:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,443,728 times
Very surprising result. I thought Klitschko would easily defeat Fury. From what I have read, Wlad didn't throw many punches, perhaps unable to find a way to get beyond Fury's longer reach. Wlad is 39 now. Maybe this is the end for him, evidenced by his not being able to pull the trigger when he needed to. Age brings more hesitation, too much contemplation, which restricts instinct.

I believe a rematch clause makes a rematch possible, so let's see if Fury makes the rematch happen, and is able to show that this wasn't some fluke.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:42 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,715,554 times
Fury dominated the fight, he was unmarked but Klitschko's face was swollen and bleeding. The fact that Fury won a unanimous points decision against one of the Klitschko brothers in their own backyard emphasised that.

Check out the judges score cards and remember that Fury had a point deducted.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:11 AM

465 posts, read 420,643 times
This was the worst fight in Boxing history. I think by round 5, there were 100 punches thrown...the fight was very slow with no action. All the dancing and holding was frustrating. Tyson Fury's movement presented a confusing moving target for Klitschko. Klitschko's corner pleaded with him the entire fight, but Klitschko was stuck in the slow gear the entire fight. If anything, its proof that he does not use PEDs because Klitschko aged 10 years in the last 2 fights.

Tyson Fury is a very average fighter. I have never been impressed with Tyson Fury. He will not hold the belts long.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:35 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,443,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
This was the worst fight in Boxing history. I think by round 5, there were 100 punches thrown...the fight was very slow with no action. All the dancing and holding was frustrating. Tyson Fury's movement presented a confusing moving target for Klitschko. Klitschko's corner pleaded with him the entire fight, but Klitschko was stuck in the slow gear the entire fight. If anything, its proof that he does not use PEDs because Klitschko aged 10 years in the last 2 fights.

Tyson Fury is a very average fighter. I have never been impressed with Tyson Fury. He will not hold the belts long.
I agree. Fury is simply a very pathetic fighter IMO. I never cared for the look of the guy. He looks as awkward, unimpressive, and unathletic as a human being can be. Look to him to delay and hand pick opponents as much as possible.

Terrible fight which was seemingly given away by Klitschko. Klitschko never really seemed motivated from the time the fight was signed. Because of his age, he finally hit the wall.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I agree. Fury is simply a very pathetic fighter IMO. I never cared for the look of the guy. He looks as awkward, unimpressive, and unathletic as a human being can be. Look to him to delay and hand pick opponents as much as possible.

Terrible fight which was seemingly given away by Klitschko. Klitschko never really seemed motivated from the time the fight was signed. Because of his age, he finally hit the wall.
Likely this is the case, perhaps it's just time after a long and successful career to retire. However a rematch has been tentatively announced for 2016. If Klitschko loses this one I think he will announce his retirement.

Tyson Fury and Wladimir Klitschko to meet again in a 2016 rematch - BBC Sport

He has made quite a bit of money and can train fighters or work elsewhere in the sport behind the scenes.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:21 AM

32,195 posts, read 34,911,427 times
I've seen amateur sparring rounds more exciting than this fight.

I'm re-watching the fight now. Vlad landed one punch in the 3rd Round. One punch.

Fury is the most unimpressive heavyweight champion I've seen in my lifetime. His skill set is completely unremarkable. It's a testament to the doldrums this division has truly come to occupy.

From a technical perspective, I don't understand why Vlad can't throw his right hand to the body. It's like he forgets that body shots are legal.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:24 AM

32,195 posts, read 34,911,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I don't think it's so much his age. He just looks unmotivated, which is understandable.

Hayden Panettiere + $$$$ in the Bank + PhD + Having nothing else to prove in the sport of boxing + Options after boxing = Unmotivated Fighter

Vlad probably grabbed his phone before the fight, saw a picture of his wife and a snapshot of his checking balance, and thought "So why am I still doing this exactly?"

Old 11-29-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't think it's so much his age. He just looks unmotivated, which is understandable.

Hayden Panettiere + $$$$ in the Bank + PhD + Having nothing else to prove in the sport of boxing + Options after boxing = Unmotivated Fighter

Vlad probably grabbed his phone before the fight, saw a picture of his wife and a snapshot of his checking balance, and thought "So why am I still doing this exactly?"
He may need to prove to himself he has one more fight left in him after the loss, Where the thoughts above really take hold. After a lifetime of boxing or any sport its hard to retire on a mental level even if the physical part has wavered. The question is if he beats Tyson and gets the belts back how much longer will he continue at this point even? And will Tyson even have the belts if he faces another fighter first?

Old 11-29-2015, 02:50 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,849,661 times
Sigh. I was hoping Deontay Wilder would be the one to beat him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing