Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 09:41 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times

Advertisements

Why couldn't Canelo do this to Mayweather? In fact, why is it that Mayweather never gets hit with these types of devastating shots? Guess it's luck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 09:44 AM

What makes this gif so funny is the ridiculous windup on this punch. Bradley literally throws this punch from New Zealand and still manages to plow it directly into Pacquiao's face.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:46 AM

LOL.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduZ...NWSs/giphy.gif

Old 05-20-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You obviously didn't want the entire fight because Manny had JMM beat before walking into a right hand. His nose was broken, he was winded and couldn't breath, he had about two rounds left in him tops, most people forget that. Manny finally had his number, and afterwards, when he asked JMM for a rematch while insisting on VADA testing, Marquez declined. Manny was also screwed in their first fight when Burt Clements admittedly scored the fight incorrectly which would have given Manny the win and not a draw.
What does this one fight, in which Pac got KTFO, have to do with my assertion that he struggled with JMM for the better part of a decade? JMM had been exposing flaws in his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OXYhyyAIMc

Don't even go there with drug testing. We are talking about Mr. "I'm afraid of needles" and "I just drink what Freddie gives me without asking any questions" after all.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,284,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Are you really this clueless? The guys you mentioned that Floyd fought were NOT in their prime (DLH, Mosley, Hernandez, Baldomir, Cotto) and most weren't elite fighters
Its not like he faced them just like Manny did. Floyd fought them AT THEIR WEIGHT no weight draining or whatever. Cotto went down in weight to fight Manny and when a rematched was talked about Cotto asked Manny to go up to his weight which he quickly rejected.

So you say Floyd fought nobody, yet, you praise Manny for fighting light fisted Bradley who he beat before without any doubts? People questioned Floyd beating Maidana so he fought him again. Nobody questioned Pacquiao beating Bradley, yet, he fights him again for the 3rd time and last fight of his career? Wow.

Quote:
You are a fan of Floyd, not a boxing fan. Floyd never defeated a prime "FIRST BALLOT HALL-OF-FAMER", and now he is talking about fighting some MMA scrub for his 50th win, LOL. I don't even know where to start with that one, but you fanboys have all ignored that obvious elephant in the room. Have fun watching that garbage!
I have sent different questions to you on past threads which you have decided to ignore so don’t even mention it man. Even Ronda Rousey talked about fighting Floyd so don’t take this MMA stuff seriously really.

Quote:
Let's get something clear, even if Floyd was a nice guy, no one would like his style of boxing. It's just not entertaining.
Sorry, boxing is not a sport to entertain the casual fan. You go in there to win, not to entertain. Sorry Floyd didn’t spit flames or some other circus act. He went in there to outbox and outpunch his opponents just like many other defensive fighters in the past have done.

Quote:
It is effective and he wins with it, but it is not entertaining
Not entertaining for the casual fan, you are right. It’s like watching a basketball team win with 3 pointers and shots but no fancy slam dunks. Booo hooo! What a lousy team that doesn’t entertain us…right?

Quote:
One thing all you bratty Floyd fans have in common is that you like to write antagonistic posts void of any real truth. Like I said, someone will soon break the 50-0 record and eventually someone will make more money too, and then Floyd's entire legacy goes up in smoke
Not really. There are boxers who have retired with more fights, losses, etc. and its not the number of fights that make them great or number of losses. Floyd will remain up there in the lists of the best boxers ever to lace them up. Don’t agree? Well, go and disagree with boxer historians, boxer analysts, other pro boxers, HBO, Showtime, etc.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:22 PM

469 posts, read 577,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Don't even go there with drug testing. We are talking about Mr. "I'm afraid of needles" and "I just drink what Freddie gives me without asking any questions" after all.
I've always been amazed at how Pacquiao fans of all people are so quick to throw out steroid accusations. This guy, who started his career as a light flyweight was not only beating, but KOing guys (some of them future HoFers) 7 and 8 weight classes higher than that at one time. It was pretty remarkable to say the least...

Old 05-20-2016, 02:56 PM

145 posts, read 160,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
I've always been amazed at how Pacquiao fans of all people are so quick to throw out steroid accusations. This guy, who started his career as a light flyweight was not only beating, but KOing guys (some of them future HoFers) 7 and 8 weight classes higher than that at one time. It was pretty remarkable to say the least...
He started his career as a malnourished 16 year old. You do know this right?

He doesn't have a history of KOing people at 147, and wasn't THAT powerful at 143.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:45 PM

469 posts, read 577,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyDickey View Post
He started his career as a malnourished 16 year old. You do know this right?

He doesn't have a history of KOing people at 147, and wasn't THAT powerful at 143.
He won his first belt at 112, flyweight. He KO'd Cotto at WW, after that the steroid talk really started...and the KO's ended.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:26 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,793,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
He won his first belt at 112, flyweight. He KO'd Cotto at WW, after that the steroid talk really started...and the KO's ended.
Floyd began his amateur career at around the same weight. No talk of steroid use concerning his success moving up the ranks, even though there are sealed documents regarding illegal substances injected into his hands and of course the illegal IV he was using to "rehydrate" just prior to the Pacquiao fight.

Manny never failed a drug test. The accusations started with Floyd, who was afraid to fight him in his prime. Manny was not knocking dudes out cold with power, most of those wins were TKO wins. He was beating them with speed. He never showed any tell-tale signs of PED usage either. It took him 15 years to gradually move up in weight.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:28 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,793,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What does this one fight, in which Pac got KTFO, have to do with my assertion that he struggled with JMM for the better part of a decade? JMM had been exposing flaws in his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OXYhyyAIMc

Apparently Floyd wasn't afraid of needles when he had an illegal IV prior to he fight. No seasoned veteran allows himself to be dehydrated that close to a fight. He was flushing something from his system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing