Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 07:29 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,095,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Oh, so you're one of those bad ass street fighters, huh?

You sound like you're in love with him. Maybe you should talk about his outfit selection because that's also irrelevant.
I'm not some "bad ass street fighter", no. But I've been in street fights, yes. I've also seen plenty of street fights and I know a lot of stuff goes and I've seen some ugly stuff in them. Kicked in the throat? Yes, I've seen it. Head butts, yes I've been on the receiving end of them and I've seen even uglier stuff I won't go into here. I've seen some stuff and I've been in one-on-ones and a brawl or two.

My whole point is Mayweather knows he would get absolutely murdered in a street fight or MMA fight and it wouldn't even be close. Mayweather is soft.

Why the smarmy tone?

Old 08-26-2017, 07:56 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,192,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I'm not some "bad ass street fighter", no. But I've been in street fights, yes. I've also seen plenty of street fights and I know a lot of stuff goes and I've seen some ugly stuff in them. Kicked in the throat? Yes, I've seen it. Head butts, yes I've been on the receiving end of them and I've seen even uglier stuff I won't go into here. I've seen some stuff and I've been in one-on-ones and a brawl or two.

My whole point is Mayweather knows he would get absolutely murdered in a street fight or MMA fight and it wouldn't even be close. Mayweather is soft.

Why the smarmy tone?
Lol at you calling Mayweather soft. We'll see who's soft tonight. McGregor talks all that tough talk. Let's see if he can hang.

Like he said, all he gotta do is use his fists. I mean, he's been kicked by a shin bone. We'll see who cries uncle first.

Boxing isn't a game.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
While i think Mayweather will win this one i'd like to see a return MMA match.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:59 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,805,013 times
McGregor doesn't even care if he wins this particular fight he's just in it for the money that's why he does all the tough talk and promoting himself and so on. He's a showman. If he makes it 12 rounds, that's all he cares about, not getting KO'd. I saw someone say..I think it might have been Joe Rogan, that McGregor said he wants to be a billionaire before he retires.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:07 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,095,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Lol at you calling Mayweather soft. We'll see who's soft tonight. McGregor talks all that tough talk. Let's see if he can hang.

Like he said, all he gotta do is use his fists. I mean, he's been kicked by a shin bone. We'll see who cries uncle first.

Boxing isn't a game.
He's one of the most boring undefeated world champions in the history of the sport. Maybe the most boring.

It is what it is. I've never went out of my way to watch his defensive wuss style. Not once have I gotten excited for a Mayweather fight.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:35 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,805,013 times
McGregor wants to knock the wuss out bad guaranteed, but once it doesn't happen he's not going to let himself get KO'ed, so that's when the match will get boring. It will basically be 2 wet noodles swinging at each other and then Mayweather will win by decision.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:50 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,152,808 times
Does anyone know where to download the fight AFTER its over?

Old 08-26-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
McGregor wants to knock the wuss out bad guaranteed, but once it doesn't happen he's not going to let himself get KO'ed, so that's when the match will get boring. It will basically be 2 wet noodles swinging at each other and then Mayweather will win by decision.
Looks like McGregor was the "wuss." He was backing up all night all scared looking. Lil Floyd walked him down.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:18 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,948 times
biggest scam of the year. I hope the stadium wasn't close to sold out.

A pro vs a rookie, and $75 million to the rookie just to see him throw random punches.

Ok, I guess people paid just to see Connor get his ass kicked.

And people complain about rich people? Y'all are enabling them.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:22 PM

That was a good fight, but they should have let the fight go on just a little longer, so McGregor didn't have excuses.

Imagine him in there with Canelo, GGG, or Jacobs knocked unconscious, saying, I just got tired and took a nap. I wasn't knocked out. It was just my stamina.

Lol, but that was a weak excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing