Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:36 AM

22 posts, read 197,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Who's your realtor? Honest is always good, keeps the customers faithful
Roger Craft at Heart Of Montana. He was very clear about the roads and the remoteness to the point initially I thought he was trying to talk us out of it. When my husband went to see the property he met him at the airport. Gave him maps and driving advice and then had him over the next day for dinner at his house. We have lived in TN, FL, and NJ and have never been treated with that kind of hospitality so it made us wants to be Montanans even more. I know it won't be easy but I am so excited to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,157,944 times
Wow. I know some of that is just good salesmanship, building a relationship and all that, but the fact is they don't all do it, and it makes a huge difference. The realtor who really gets to know you also gets a better feel for what you really want and need, and doesn't waste your time on stuff HE wants to sell. There's not enough money in a parcel like yours for it to be anything other than doing his best for you (I doubt any of 'em are desperate enough to work that hard solely for a commission of a few hundred bucks!)

And isn't that a big chunk of what hospitality IS? Howdy. neighbour; what can I do for you?

Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,770 times
my favorite song

Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Wow. I know some of that is just good salesmanship, building a relationship and all that, but the fact is they don't all do it, and it makes a huge difference. The realtor who really gets to know you also gets a better feel for what you really want and need, and doesn't waste your time on stuff HE wants to sell. There's not enough money in a parcel like yours for it to be anything other than doing his best for you (I doubt any of 'em are desperate enough to work that hard solely for a commission of a few hundred bucks!)

And isn't that a big chunk of what hospitality IS? Howdy. neighbour; what can I do for you?

We had already closed at the point he had him over for dinner so it definitely was above and beyond. My husband said everyone he met was really nice and helpful. That realtor definitely didn't make any real money off the sale but that just shows (to us) that he is a good person.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonry View Post
my favorite song
Sweet Melissa? Must have been my parents too.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,285 times
Default I live in Ponderosa Pines

I've lived in Ponderosa Pines year round for over 5 years and I love it. You couldn't drag me out. I have a 10 year old pickup, and it hasn't been beaten up by the road because I don't drive like a maniac.... I go 30 - 40 mph. The drive is beautiful and peaceful and it is the best part of my day when I drive home from work. Yes, it is expensive in gas for sure. It is expensive to drive kids back and forth to activities, which is why people carpool. The kids do lots of stuff out here locally and have friends in the area that they get together with.

I love the privacy. I have the best neighbors and everyone looks out for each other. There are definitely some characters that live up here too. All types of personalities and income levels.

The weather is great and mild for MT. I can ride my horses pretty much year round. I am on the river floating or fishing in 10 minutes.

There is definitely a division in the thoughts of people who live here. Some love the road, some hate it. Some want covenants and a property owners association and others don't. One thing for sure, it is helpful to be handy out here. If you don't know how to fix anything, you will be paying a lot of money to get someone to come here to do work for you or fix your stuff.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:01 AM

Just saw this on some real estate listing...
Quote:
15 MILES OF CLARKSTON ROAD WILL BE PAVED BY 2011 AND THERE WILL BE A RID OF APPROX $375.00 YEARLY.
Somewhere else I saw that it was being paved as far as the fire station.

I wonder if they've budgeted anything for maintenance? cuz that road is gonna wash out and sideslip some, and it's gonna need work every spring.

Today I saw one house listed up there for cheap ($80k) as "must be moved" because the hill it's on is sliding. Wonder how much of that is gonna happen on those slopes?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,149 times
I recently purchased a 10 acre lot very close to Clarkston at the beginning of the Ponderosa Pines subdivision, with frontage on Clarkston Rd. It's flat pasture land, and it looks like some nice houses on some of the nearby lots. I'd like to eventually build a place and have a couple of horses. Is there anything I should be leary of in this part of the subdivision? I don't think the rattlesnakes or septic should be an issue. Can I expect year-round access with a 4WD vehicle? I lived 2.5 miles in on a dirt road up in New Hampshire for 12 years, so I'm used to sinking in a foot of mud for a couple of weeks every spring after snow and ice all winter. Thanks for your input!

Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan01 View Post
I recently purchased a 10 acre lot very close to Clarkston at the beginning of the Ponderosa Pines subdivision, with frontage on Clarkston Rd. It's flat pasture land, and it looks like some nice houses on some of the nearby lots. I'd like to eventually build a place and have a couple of horses. Is there anything I should be leary of in this part of the subdivision?
Tell me the lot number and I'll look it up.

You WILL want to decide where to build during the spring, during the worst wet weather, because it can be seriously non-obvious where you'll sink to China (even on hills)... how much gravel you'll need to bring in for a driveway may decide that for you. The so-called soil is deep clay silt and gets very muddy at the least excuse, but it dries out so fast that just a few days later you can't tell it was flooded. And some of the lots down in the central flat area do sheet-flood in wet weather.

Since the HOA fell apart the non-county roads are not maintained, and some are real soft. (And the grader owned by the HOA kinda got embezzled away...) Clarkston Road is county, tho, and far as I've been up it past the pavement (not real far as my dually detests washboards), it's pretty solid.

When I moved back to MT, I wound up renting out here in Pizzy Pines, in the western flats, so I'm getting to experience it firsthand. So far no rattlesnakes which is kinda surprising, cuz I've never seen anywhere with the concentration of rattlers I tripped over a few miles away at Trident! We do have at least two wolves in the neighborhood, tho, and various other wildlife.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 12,206 times
Default Hi

Hi Melissa do you still own land in Ponderosa pines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman