Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine has an older fifth wheel that had, for lack of a better word, carpet on the ceiling. A fuzzy carpet like covering that had darkened considerably over the years. She peeled it off.. after removing her vent openings, etc., and sprayed something called "Orange Peel" (purchased at Home Depot/Lowes)on it. Then painted it and replaced her vent covers. It looks fantastic! No more vacuuming the ceiling and the whole fiver looks brighter and cleaner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
When we bought our truck camper this tidbit of advice was offered- carry some essential tools and things like ss screws, epoxy glue, scratch filler matching the cabinets, hose clamps- things like that. Point being that sometimes when something little breaks (which always happens) try to fix it 'now'. Saying- well I'll take care of it when I get home doesn't always work- you get busy, then the little things start adding up and become a project.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:45 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
When we bought our truck camper this tidbit of advice was offered- carry some essential tools and things like ss screws, epoxy glue, scratch filler matching the cabinets, hose clamps- things like that. Point being that sometimes when something little breaks (which always happens) try to fix it 'now'. Saying- well I'll take care of it when I get home doesn't always work- you get busy, then the little things start adding up and become a project.
good idea!! Sounds like something a wife would say.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
We just purchased an older popup camper. The interior was redone and nicely updated.

They previous owner used peel and stick flooring tiles. It turned out okay. However, I would have a single piece cut, I would lay that out glue it down then start the refurbing of the interior. It will give a seamless look and end up with a better end result.

I am thinking of other small projects to freshen up the camper. We are planning to get all sorts of use out of it.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 PM

Congratulations on your new older pop up! . I've seen some really cute ones that have been redone.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Congratulations on your new older pop up! . I've seen some really cute ones that have been redone.
Thanks. I would like to redo an old airstream someday.

I have a list of little projects to make it really nice or suited to what we want.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
I just attended the annual teardrop campout in PNW, there were some very nice restored popups and early Airstreams.

Teardrop Trailers.org - Gallery

Looks like fun. Very creative modifications.

I am making a 'pop-up' / teardrop from Snowbear my faithful 2000# GVW utility trailer. I hope to stay north of 45 mpg, and will add a 'motor-aide' HW heater / outdoor shower.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM

The popup we bought, I am thinking I will add some blocks to the suspension to give some more clearance. I am thinking of something for boondocking and off roading.

I flipped the ball over to give some additional clearance. 16 inches to the top of the ball. Now the trailer doesn't tow level. Not a big deal. But I am thinking I will flip the ball so the trailer sits more level. D'oh.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:42 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
You might add before and after photos for those who are challenged by the discriptions.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I just attended the annual teardrop campout in PNW, there were some very nice restored popups and early Airstreams.

Teardrop Trailers.org - Gallery

Looks like fun. Very creative modifications.

I am making a 'pop-up' / teardrop from Snowbear my faithful 2000# GVW utility trailer. I hope to stay north of 45 mpg, and will add a 'motor-aide' HW heater / outdoor shower.
Those pictures are sooo cool!!! Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to see pictures of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing