Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2024, 11:10 PM

7,075 posts, read 6,357,275 times

Advertisements

Up way to late, unknown reason. Watching Wagon Train.

While on the road I often think of how the pioneers did it. What brave people they were! Going against all societal ideas to embark on a new life.

Yes, traveling is much different now but there are still places where one can experience the beauty and wonder of those who travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 09:08 AM

2,121 posts, read 3,036,077 times
Wish the rain would go away from here. I need to mow but I don't want my mower to get wet. Lol.
I spent a lot of last year watching all the old westerns. I'd seen them before but long time ago.
The original tiny houses, covered wagons. I think about a tiny house often. I don't need much.

Old 05-07-2024, 12:14 PM

Yes, I too think of tiny houses. I need to finish paying for the car, although I am still saving money so will have that much more when I'm done.

I hope to keep doing this for a long time before I finally have to settle down. Part of me realizes I may have to settle down here, on my brother's property and I am not looking forward to that but it may become necessary.

We are both getting older. I'm 70 and he is 73. I feel healthy and he is always working on remaining healthy so I may be able to do this for a long while but the reality is, eventually I will have to stop.

It would only make sense to live close to each other, although we also realize that as much as we enjoy each other's company, by the time I leave in the fall, we're both tired of each other. Thus, having a tiny home on the property makes sense, although I'm not sure if that would be an actual structure or a trailer house.

Old 05-07-2024, 11:34 PM

I already miss the west. There have been a few updates from Homes on Wheels Alliance and they are talking about a caravan starting in October in Pahrump.

I plan on leaving here in October but want to take my time traveling to the southwest. I want to spend some time in Texas with friends before I travel to Nevada.

So we'll see what happens with that. Gads, I am barely here and already making plans to leave. Hmmm.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:26 PM

Glad I'm here though. My brother has really needed some help. He's not the greatest house cleaner, although he's not really bad, just things he overlooks.

Today he had a lot of appointments so I decided it was time to wash the floors and get rid of some of the animal hair. Next month I'm going to contribute a vacuum cleaner as his quit working but today I just shook out the rugs and swept the large ones.
He doesn't want me spending money on the house or things for it so I can save as much as I can while I'm here, but I feel as if I should contribute something. So I am researching vacuum cleaners. I can't buy one now without going into my savings but it will be the first thing I buy next month.

I feel good about the work I did today and will do my best to get his home in order before I leave again.

Tomorrow we will be working on giving me room on the porch so I can put things from the car in it and then have room to work on getting the car together.

I'm currently researching roof racks for the car. So many choices! If anyone has a suggestion for roof racks that would fit a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan, I'm open to suggestions.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:28 PM

I should add that I put a lot into savings this month so technically I have extra. I just try not to use it.

Old 05-10-2024, 03:39 PM

457 posts, read 435,877 times
Used vacuums were readily available in texas goodwill and other thrift stores. Got an old smaller working one for $2.50 on a sale day. It's now down here in Costa Rica picking up cat hair from our one rug.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:51 PM

Good idea! Don't know what I will find in Fergus though. It's not a large town and people tend not to get rid of things as they do in a city. I'll check though. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2024, 06:00 PM

It turned out my brother had to go to the hospital. We don't know how long he will be there, hopefully not long. His tests showed irregularities and they decided he needed further studies.
Good thing I am here but his animals sure miss him. They do know me and we like each other but it's not the same. His cat slept with me last night and he's hung out next to me a lot today but sure hope they figure things out and get my brother back home soon.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:29 AM

2,121 posts, read 3,036,077 times
Aww. The pets are lucky you're there.
Hoping your brother gets good results and comes home soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing