Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 10:00 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,965,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
And the fall season smells!

Including the smell of the woodsove amd apple cider brewing in the campround store. One fall season stay 40 yrs ago near Lancaster PA brings great memories of those smells.

And the feel and noise of crunching leaves, and harvest stores and farms with mtns of pumpkins stacked about.

Spring season's vast hues of green is nice too.

Camping in NZ on December an January is a nice treat. Long summer days and plenty of blooms and bleating sheep near your campsite + great views. NZ cows and sheep have some of the best views in the world. Tho Switzerland cows and sheep with their beautiful clanging bells have pretty good views as well. Both areas have lots of camping available.

It's quite possible to enjoy year-round camping. Looking to South America for future. Maybe an adventure motorcyle ride, complete with a tarp tent.
Yes, fall has the best smells. I don't know if I would travel to South America that way though. It can be sketchy and the weather could be pretty rough depending on where you are. But if you're adventurous go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 08:08 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,188,683 times
We live where there's pretty much nine months of winter. So we camp in the three short months that we get some summer.

Why don't we go when it's colder somewhere down south? Because our camper is still stuck in the snow in our yard until April at the earliest. Our kids have spring break in late March, so the camper is still snow covered. So we wait until late May before we start our camping season, typically when the kids are out of school.

I enjoy camping all summer in the warm weather. This year we're sticking closer to home, the Glacier trip we had got canceled, so we improvised and chose somewhere else instead. We typically get in 3-4 camping trips a summer. Not great, but actually more than we got in when we lived in California, so overall we're doing pretty good.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:57 PM

621 posts, read 1,617,000 times
If tent camping, winter or fall. If camper camping, any time. When I was a kid (late 70's early 80's) growing up in Florida, we had a pop up no ac. We were gone all summer long, usually to the north-east. We got a TT when I was about 8, with ac, so then we were gone longer. Personally I love fall, but now living in east Tenneesse its hard to find open spots.

Old 08-15-2020, 11:57 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,071,651 times
Prefer the cooler side of things. That means nicer temps for doing hikes during the day. Also, bugs can be bad in the summer. Down to around freezing point by morning, and then 60ish during the day is ideal.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:55 AM

5 posts, read 4,776 times
Thanks everyone. That gonna be help for me also.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,122,990 times
Fall for sure.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:46 PM

2,721 posts, read 2,223,912 times
We take 95% of our trips in spring and fall. Summer is to hot and winter is to cold. Plus during the summer the campgrounds are to crowded for us.

Old 11-08-2020, 06:43 AM

215 posts, read 190,668 times
Camping (tent) in the summer is why we bought an RV. For the air conditioning.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:54 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,400,524 times
In the summer go to Canada (lockdowns permitting). We have gone to Mexico in winter and enjoyed the trips.

Elevation clearly makes a difference. There is a ski resort near Flagstaff AZ, Phoenix doesn't know what snow looks like.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:35 PM

830 posts, read 487,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Do you prefer to camp in the cool weather or warm weather and why? When we lived in CO, we used to escape the summer heat and go up to the mountains for the weekend where it would get super chilly at night. We loved getting warm by the fire and waking up to make a fire. Somehow I find this more pleasant than summertime camping. But I see people RVing all summer long. What do you like about camping or RVing in the summer? Do you prefer fall time camping? Tell me why
Cool and crisp. Less crowded, campfires, fall colors. You can hike like a beast without overheating. Fewer bugs.

I think the only downside to fall camping is that the days are shorter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing