Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 01:08 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,731,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Because I am an Anglo-Canadian, and as such, cannot possibly be right, in the eyes of a Franco-Quebecer.

You see, Bru, they are our superiors. They know our culture (or lack of it, as they see it), they know our language (and another one besides), which automatically makes them better. They govern our country, because it is a bilingual country, and they speak both languages, so that makes them better. Bow down before your betters, you unilingual BruSan.

Don't you know, BruSan, that Quebec is the only jurisdiction qualified to nominate candidates to the Prime Ministership? Pierre Trudeau, Brian Mulroney, Jean Chretien, Paul Martin--all Quebecers.

Stephen Harper? He was a mistake. Albertans are not allowed to be PM. After all, they are not Quebecois, and cannot speak French. He hasn't been qualified, according to the Laurentian Elites. But he was popularly voted in by the people of Canada.

Gee, Quebec--if Albertans can become PM, maybe you're not as important as you think you are. Superiors indeed. Pffft!
this post makes absolutely no sense, and none of its hold any true.
I don't even know why you wrote it, just because you are mad? Seems a bit childish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 03:50 PM

283 posts, read 327,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
The nfl is also a multi billion dollar company. The highest grossing league in the word. The leafs are probably worth more than the cfl combined. SO u understand why no one cares. Plus it I a watered down product. All the best football players. Canadians included. Play in the nfl. Or will play.
I'm pretty sure the NFLs revenue doesn't come close to the English Premier League or any major soccer league for that matter. I get your point though

Old 08-10-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
American Football is the most neanderthal-like sport of all time and so this is therefore a non issue. Question veto'd.
I'm not going to take the Football vs Hockey bait so I'll leave that out but have you ever watched Rugby or Australian Rules Football!? Boxing? Plenty of sports more Neanderthal than Am Football

Old 08-10-2015, 03:55 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
I'm not going to take the Football vs Hockey bait so I'll leave that out but have you ever watched Rugby or Australian Rules Football!? Boxing? Plenty of sports more Neanderthal than Am Football
But also far more exciting to watch.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
But also far more exciting to watch.
TV Ratings beg to differ

In fact, after Hockey, American Football is the most popular sport in Canada.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:50 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the NFLs revenue doesn't come close to the English Premier League or any major soccer league for that matter. I get your point though
I think you have that flipped around. No one comes close to NFL revenue.

The Premiere League made just under 3B pounds the last numbers I can find, for a year's revenue. NFL alone made $7.2B, and that doesn't include individual team revenue for local deals. That's just league money, split 32 ways. The biggest factor is TV money.

FIFA received just over $600M for the 2014 World Cup TV rights globally. The NFL gets over $1B a year just from ESPN to do Monday Night Football and have first grab of highlights.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:14 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
TV Ratings beg to differ

In fact, after Hockey, American Football is the most popular sport in Canada.
I suppose by American football you mean gridiron football, as the most popular televised sport in Canada after the NHL is the CFL, not the NFL.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I think you have that flipped around. No one comes close to NFL revenue.

The Premiere League made just under 3B pounds the last numbers I can find, for a year's revenue. NFL alone made $7.2B, and that doesn't include individual team revenue for local deals. That's just league money, split 32 ways. The biggest factor is TV money.

FIFA received just over $600M for the 2014 World Cup TV rights globally. The NFL gets over $1B a year just from ESPN to do Monday Night Football and have first grab of highlights.
I stand corrected

Considering the EPL is FAR more popular than the NFL and how they probably sell much more merch, I figured they would make more revenue

Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,887,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
lost my virginity to your daughters...
who says Anglo girls aren't spicy lol....... Here's one for you AJ

Asla. Queen Street West by Chris Smart, on Flickr

Old 08-10-2015, 10:18 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,736 times
Quote:
Yeah it was a bit of hyperbole there, but I still think it's just nasty. I'm not even a hockey fan. I don't really like organized sports of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada