Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:22 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,587 times

Advertisements

Failing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 06:25 AM

Progress

Canada

Old 06-27-2017, 06:39 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Because the US was founded on freedom for the individual, not for the collective. Collectivists will never understand that ideal.

While America is "failing" the world's greatest innovators are still lining up to come here. Strange.
So many of the luxuries, medicines and innovations that collectivists enjoy came from and continue to come from the United States, yet we are failing. LOL

I wonder what Canada and "tolerant" Canadian attitudes would be like if it had Mexico on its southern border rather than the US. It's very easy to throw stones when you're geographically insulated by the US from the developing world in your hemisphere. Would you have thrown the flood gates open like they did in Europe?

We have a President who is driving liberals to light their hair on fire and much of the world doesn't much like him, so now that means we're failing.
Canada has a point-based immigration system. If the Mexicans quality, we welcome them with open arms. We don't welcome illegal immigrants, irrespective of race and religion, because that breaks the laws.

Who is "throwing stones"? "Progressive isn't just immigration. If the US wants to deport illegal immigrants there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and it has my full support.

However, speaking of Jesus issues, that's a different matter.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Failing
You make a bunch of mistakes in this stupid chart.

1) you should show GDP per capita
2) you should include life expectancy, gender equality, etc
3) if you put China in that, would China be a lot more "progressive" than America?

You dont seem to understand what "progressive" means. GDP is not it.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,225,600 times
the US is now, unfortunately regressive, protectionist and in a downward spiral because of their broken system of government and especially their embarrassing, childish and extremely narcissistic "president" and the exceedingly ultra conservative and overly religious Republican Party.

Yes, there are still so many great things going on in America, and there are so many well meaning, good citizens doing amazing things, but it's still not enough to counter all of the destabilizing that has been going on. It's a complete shame, as I love the US, and being from Windsor, Detroit is like my second home! But, being Canadian, everything going on in the US right now horrifies me, and goes against almost all of my beliefs of what a successful country is!

Much of the western world now looks at it with pity and disgust, and no longer as a beacon of freedom and hope that it has always been for so long! It is now the butt of jokes across the globe! What a spectacular fall from grace in such a short period of time! I feel so sorry for all of the progressive, liberal Americans who are now being held hostage in such a toxic, and unstable environment! Beware the powers of the uneducated and easily manipulated "middle America", as they have proven that they can be herded to vote a certain way with as little as a simple , stupid slogan like "make America great again"!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Canada has a point-based immigration system. If the Mexicans quality, we welcome them with open arms. We don't welcome illegal immigrants, irrespective of race and religion, because that breaks the laws.

Who is "throwing stones"? "Progressive isn't just immigration. If the US wants to deport illegal immigrants there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and it has my full support.

Progressives have their gay marriage, their integrated schools, their abortions, their minority President and on and on. What are they missing here? Just from personal experience, I'd say that Canadians are more socially conservative than Americans although I can't extrapolate my anecdotes to your entire population.

Last edited by Return2FL; 06-27-2017 at 07:04 AM..

Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:

Due to progressivism, the US threw out its old immigration system because they claimed that it unfairly favored Europeans. Instead we went to a system of familial ties. Yet another example of disastrous liberal ideology screwing things up.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:57 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,818 times
Culturally, there's a gap in attitudes. America has its puritan past that is fading but still remains somewhat influential.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
You make a bunch of mistakes in this stupid chart.

1) you should show GDP per capita
2) you should include life expectancy, gender equality, etc
3) if you put China in that, would China be a lot more "progressive" than America?

You dont seem to understand what "progressive" means. GDP is not it.
1> Put the world's tax shelters and oil economies aside. The US is right there with GDP per capita.
2> Life expectancy in the US is 9 months less than the EU. Some Americans have no regard for what they eat. That's their choice. Below is a gender equality map for your perusal.
3> No China would not be. I never said that America was a very progressive country. Thank goodness it isn't.

Last edited by Return2FL; 06-27-2017 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-27-2017, 07:02 AM

And if Nicaragua has more gender equality than much of the developed world, all I can say is that these studies are useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada