Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 10:42 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times

Advertisements

I too have enjoyed Brusan's comments - looked forward to them. I'm not here often, but when I am I look for familiar names. I noticed he was missing and checked, only to see that he is no longer a member. Unfortunate.

Does he spend Winter in Florida? Maybe he'll return when he is home again. He must have something more to say about polar bears, Ontario bush life and politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 11:21 PM

What does everyone think of this? A 58 year old Canadian chef living in Toronto counseled 124 deaths in several countries; convinced people to voluntarily die using poison he provided.
"The U.K.'s National Crime Agency was initially informed of 272 buyers in Britain but recently learned of 16 further purchases made before Law's arrest. In all, 93 Britons are now believed to have died after placing an order from Law's websites. ...

Ontario's Peel Regional Police declined to say how investigators learned of the additional buyers. The provincial task force handling the case has previously said Law was believed to have sent 1,200 packages to more than 40 countries, and roughly 160 to Canadian addresses. ...

Interpol distributed the names and addresses of Law's customers — provided by Canadian investigators — for authorities to carry out wellness checks in the U.S., France, Malta, Australia and elsewhere. ... well as police in Montreal, Calgary and Moose Jaw, Sask., deaths have been reported in multiple countries including Italy, Ireland and New Zealand."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kenne...arge-1.7095394

Old 01-26-2024, 12:15 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
This isn't the turn I expected this thread to take, but okay. After all, "Canadian News" is no more.

More comments later, as the matter takes shape.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
This isn't the turn I expected this thread to take, but okay. After all, "Canadian News" is no more.

More comments later, as the matter takes shape.
Quite right. I got it wrong. This is not the place for headlines.

On the other hand, I grew up in a house where we had two furnaces, one for the main floor, one for upstairs. Bedrooms were downstairs, nothing wrong with sleeping in a cold bedroom. Two furnaces seems more like a custom build decision than standard housing.

When it was only my mom left in the 6 bedroom house, she used the upstairs furnace. Since 1973, both furnaces have not had any problems. They can be used at the same time, but my impression was one at a time, depending on purpose. Do you want upstairs under floor heating, or warm upstairs bedrooms?

Last edited by Lieneke; 01-29-2024 at 08:40 PM..

Old 01-31-2024, 08:08 PM

I hope this comment is the right genre.

I put on one of my long skirts this morning and was ready to walk the dog when I looked in the mirror and decided that I looked like a Polish potato farmer ready to collect the harvest in my skirt. Yikes. I took that off and put on a suede mini-skirt that I kept after downsizing. It was too nice to give away, but I didn't think I'd wear it again.

I remember watching Clockwork Orange when I was barely 18 years old (when Restricted films were restricted) and looking at the main character's mother with confusion. She was in her 60s, grey hair dyed purple or pink, and she wore mini-skirts. I had to think about that for a while - whether 60 year old purple haired women will be wearing mini-skirts when I am 60.

Stanley Kubrick can see into the future

Old 01-31-2024, 09:16 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I hope this comment is the right genre.

I put on one of my long skirts this morning and was ready to walk the dog when I looked in the mirror and decided that I looked like a Polish potato farmer ready to collect the harvest in my skirt. Yikes. I took that off and put on a suede mini-skirt that I kept after downsizing. It was too nice to give away, but I didn't think I'd wear it again.

I remember watching Clockwork Orange when I was barely 18 years old (when Restricted films were restricted) and looking at the main character's mother with confusion. She was in her 60s, grey hair dyed purple or pink, and she wore mini-skirts. I had to think about that for a while - whether 60 year old purple haired women will be wearing mini-skirts when I am 60.

Stanley Kubrick can see into the future
I can totally relate!

Old 01-31-2024, 10:50 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
There's no way I'd wear a suede miniskirt in the cold of a Canadian winter to walk the dog. The dog would most likely jump up and get muddy feet all over the skirt and ruin the suede and my goose-bumped legs. I'll stick to my long, warm skirts that I gather potatoes in and my 80 something year old pink hair under a touque.

Old 02-01-2024, 01:53 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
When she wore skirts or dresses, my ex always opted for "below the knee, above the ankle." I once asked her why she had no miniskirts, as she had a great pair of legs.

Her reply? "I don't wear miniskirts, precisely because I know I have a great pair of legs."

Never mind. She could absolutely rock those "below the knee, above the ankle" skirts and dresses. We may have had our differences, but her choice of clothing and manner of dressing was not among them.

Old 02-01-2024, 05:57 AM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Today I learned Lieneke is a she.

Old 02-01-2024, 07:37 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,560,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Today I learned Lieneke is a she.
me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada