Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 05:56 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Something very weird just happened. I was reading the POC Ukrainian War thread and I saw a new post by Brusan (about NATO). His post still showed he was “Not a member” though, which was confusing. I replied, quoting his post, with a “welcome back.”

I then noticed his original post was gone. So I took a screenshot of my post. Then my post disappeared.
That is weird. Is it time to play the theme music from the Twilight Zone?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2023, 06:34 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

My mistake. I responded to a post he made last year and didn’t realize it.

Old 02-28-2023, 04:19 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Go ahead and play it anyway. I miss Bru; he always added some spice to our conversations, and we seem to have so few Canadians left that we could use some spice.

Old 02-28-2023, 10:04 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Okay, that's funny. LOL.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:37 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Easily done, but why would the posts disappear just because you responded?

Odd.

Last edited by Natnasci; 03-01-2023 at 11:06 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Go ahead and play it anyway. I miss Bru; he always added some spice to our conversations, and we seem to have so few Canadians left that we could use some spice.
Ya BruSan is missed. The " Old Curmudgeon " had a way with words.

Old 03-01-2023, 11:46 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Easily done, but why would the posts disappear just because you responded?

Odd.
My C-D bookmark is the web page which lists my thread subscriptions ( Settings > Subscriptions ). Thread titles listed which are bolded contain new posts which I have not read. When I tap with my finger on the “v” icon just to the left of a title, that thread opens up to the first unread post. The “v” is tiny, and occasionally I miss and tap the thread title instead. That takes me to the beginning of the thread.

That Ukraine thread is very long, started last May. When I tapped, I didn’t realize I’d tapped the thread title and was reading old posts from back then. After I replied to Brusan’s post, I didn’t see his post right above my reply. When I refreshed the page, I could no longer see my post. However, it does show up in my posting history, as I discovered later. Brusan’s post would be listed last May in his posting history.

Old 03-01-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
My C-D bookmark is the web page which lists my thread subscriptions ( Settings > Subscriptions ). Thread titles listed which are bolded contain new posts which I have not read. When I tap with my finger on the “v” icon just to the left of a title, that thread opens up to the first unread post. The “v” is tiny, and occasionally I miss and tap the thread title instead. That takes me to the beginning of the thread.

That Ukraine thread is very long, started last May. When I tapped, I didn’t realize I’d tapped the thread title and was reading old posts from back then. After I replied to Brusan’s post, I didn’t see his post right above my reply. When I refreshed the page, I could no longer see my post. However, it does show up in my posting history, as I discovered later. Brusan’s post would be listed last May in his posting history.
Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:25 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Default I don't not love Winnipeg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ipeg-1.6765342

Old 04-11-2023, 08:58 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Last week, snow. Last night a blow fly basking in the light above my kitchen sink. Today ditches with fast-flowing melt, gulls, geese, killdeers, and a meadowlark, minus, as yet, its song, hurtling itself into the blue, blue sky from my driveway as I drove past.

BCers - eat your heart out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada