Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 01:49 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,348,234 times

Advertisements

Here's a Canadian Christian Credit Union https://www.faithincanada150.ca/fait...nce/member/150

Here's one that supports farmers and Christian values. https://www.kindredcu.com/whats-new/...ion-of-ontario

This bank is a top- performing Christian bank https://www.adelfibanking.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 03:04 PM

1,252 posts, read 516,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Here's a Canadian Christian Credit Union https://www.faithincanada150.ca/fait...nce/member/150

Here's one that supports farmers and Christian values. https://www.kindredcu.com/whats-new/...ion-of-ontario

This bank is a top- performing Christian bank https://www.adelfibanking.com/
Why can't Muslims do the same? I think its perfectly fine for them to do the same. But the government stepping in to change the rules in banks for ANY religion (in this case Muslims) is not a good idea. They are making banks adapt to Sharia law. It also stinks of cheap populism. This is setting a terrible precedent.

Old 04-18-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Agreed I guess, though I don't think most Canadians (at least outside Quebec) are the slightest bit concerned about the risk of religion slowly creeping back into a position of societal power.

Believe it or not, at least part of it is because they think Christianity has little chance of regaining a powerful position.

I think they may be in for a surprise.
I think they're right though. Former Christians seem to utterly despise the religion of their ancestors,(we see it in this forum) and even some practicing ones. Specially people who were originally Catholics. I don't ever see traditional christianity ever gaining traction here again.

Last edited by Luisito80; 04-18-2024 at 03:40 PM..

Old 04-19-2024, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Why can't Muslims do the same? I think its perfectly fine for them to do the same. But the government stepping in to change the rules in banks for ANY religion (in this case Muslims) is not a good idea. They are making banks adapt to Sharia law. It also stinks of cheap populism. This is setting a terrible precedent.
Well, they aren't actually saying that. I suppose Trudeau spoke because he is woker than woke and because he's courting Muslim voters.

Stockton Day and Harper come to mind here as does Polivere, come to think of it, when it comes to courting Christian voters (and putting the fear of Islam into them.)

Doesn't seem that long ago to me that I was hearing that Trudeau Senior the Catholic was going to try and force everyone to become Catholic. As a Jesuit? said once, Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man.

Or take away private property and turn everyone into a communist atheist.

But how long are we going to be like little children looking at our sibling's bowl to see if he has more, or another flavour of ice cream?

I don't know enough about banking regulations to be able to say what might be changed and I haven't read anything that does more than say it's something they are investigating as an option. It also seems to be saying that other options for home ownership are not limited to Muslims.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:17 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well, they aren't actually saying that. I suppose Trudeau spoke because he is woker than woke and because he's courting Muslim voters.
That is what the article said.

Quote:
Stockton Day and Harper come to mind here as does Polivere, come to think of it, when it comes to courting Christian voters (and putting the fear of Islam into them.)
Trudeau wants banks to apply Sharia law when it comes to mortgages for muslims.

Quote:
Doesn't seem that long ago to me that I was hearing that Trudeau Senior the Catholic was going to try and force everyone to become Catholic. As a Jesuit? said once, Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man.

Or take away private property and turn everyone into a communist atheist.
Not sure what your point is here.

Quote:
But how long are we going to be like little children looking at our sibling's bowl to see if he has more, or another flavour of ice cream?
That sounds exactly like what trudeau and woke ideology promotes. Treating everyone like victims and applying special rules/excptions for certain people. Cheap populism. I am arguing against that, everyone should play by the same rules.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:20 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,101,661 times
Quote:
I think they're right though. Former Christians seem to utterly despise the religion of their ancestors,(we see it in this forum) and even some practicing ones. Specially people who were originally Catholics. I don't ever see traditional christianity ever gaining traction here again.
That would be an even worse scenario than all religions including Christianity/Catholicism coming back in force.

I am basing my prediction on influence from the US and also some early days signs in Europe.

Old 04-19-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That would be an even worse scenario than all religions including Christianity/Catholicism coming back in force.
Well that's kind of what we're seeing now isn't it? The traditional religion of society replaced with wokeism and/or materialism? Even the right in Canada is less Christian than in other countries.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:39 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,101,661 times
Quote:
Well that's kind of what we're seeing now isn't it? The traditional religion of society replaced with wokeism and/or materialism? Even the right in Canada is less Christian than in other countries.
We're also seeing certain religions rising almost meteorically, though none of them are Christian.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:31 PM

[quote=Luisito80;66656490]
Quote:

That is what the article said.

Trudeau wants banks to apply Sharia law when it comes to mortgages for muslims.

Not sure what your point is here.

That sounds exactly like what trudeau and woke ideology promotes. Treating everyone like victims and applying special rules/excptions for certain people. Cheap populism. I am arguing against that, everyone should play by the same rules.
The article said this: The government began consultations in March 2024 with financial services providers and “diverse communities” as it sets out to expand mortgage policies to include alternative financing, the budget adds. The Liberal government says it will make an announcement detailing what such a plan would look like this fall.

Generally when I come across people panicking about Sharia law, they are fear-mongering about how all Canadian women will be dressed in burqas and Canada won't be a "Christian" country any more. Secularism doesn't even begin to come into play and the last thing they would want is secularism.

My point about Trudeau Senior and his alleged communist and/or Catholic tendencies is that I've heard all of this fear-mongering before.

What it boils down to is ignorance and bigotry and goes to show that when people go out looking for an enemy, they will invent one.

It's also an unfortunate fact that religions and races are judged by their worst representatives.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:55 PM

[quote=netwit;66658893]
The article said this: The government began consultations in March 2024 with financial services providers and “diverse communities” as it sets out to expand mortgage policies to include alternative financing, the budget adds. The Liberal government says it will make an announcement detailing what such a plan would look like this fall.[quote]

i guessed you missed this part......The government wants to provide loans that align with sharia law.

Quote:
Generally when I come across people panicking about Sharia law, they are fear-mongering about how all Canadian women will be dressed in burqas and Canada won't be a "Christian" country any more. Secularism doesn't even begin to come into play and the last thing they would want is secularism.
Again you are making this about something it's not. I never even mentioned any of that related to the article. This is not the first time you do this.

Quote:
Canada’s big banks do not currently provide halal mortgages, which the Liberal government hopes to change.
Yes, they shouldn't. Sharia law is religious law. Banks shouldn't involve religions.

Quote:
My point about Trudeau Senior and his alleged communist and/or Catholic tendencies is that I've heard all of this fear-mongering before.

What it boils down to is ignorance and bigotry and goes to show that when people go out looking for an enemy, they will invent one.

It's also an unfortunate fact that religions and races are judged by their worst representatives.
SO wanting Canada and our institutions to remain secular is being ignorant and bigotry?Islam is a religion not a race. You have literally defended people that only rent apartments and rooms to their own only, which is actually against the law. I have never ever dont that on here. I don't believe in segregation. You're acually sounding like the people that defend transgenderism tooth and nail. We can't ever have an opinion on these issues with out these types of accusations.

Don't believe men can be women and there are infinite genders? You're a bigot! Believe in secularism? Its only ok when it comes to Christianity. Apply that to everyone else you're a bigot!

Last edited by Luisito80; 04-19-2024 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada