Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 01:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times

Advertisements

Thank you so very much! I'm used to much smaller boards, and this one is massive. Your help is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 01:05 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,227 times
Katspur, your Annie is lovely! I wish you the best in finding out whatever you can do for her.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:25 PM

http://ticktocktonks.homestead.com/
I know I'm not supposed to post images from google, but I included the link it belongs to, so I hope it's OK.
This is the spitting image of Sushi the Demon Cat. I've never had such a....challenging....feline. Aside from the constant howling, he's broken every lamp, plant and knick-knack in the house. He's shredded my couch down to the bare wood, despite having two scratching posts. He steals food relentlessly, despite being fed three times a day. He stole a couple of sausages right off the grill last summer, and I couldn't find them anywhere. They were finally located in the bowels of a rolled-up carpet I was planning to give to Goodwill. I can't even leave any bread out, because he'll abscond with it and squirrel it away. If he's "playing ninja", he'll try to take a chunk out of my butt as I'm walking past him. It's little wonder all his previous owners couldn't deal with him.
That being said, he's cuddly and affectionate and loving, with personality plus. He looks so angelic, doesn't he?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:09 PM

You're so welcome! Send me a DM if I can be of any other help.

And your Sushi? Well, he's just gorgeous! And I assume from the behaviour you describe he must be about 1 year old?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Actually, Sushi is about four and a half years old. He has energy to burn. His last owners kept him locked up in one small room in a highrise apartment building. Here, he has the run of the house, and spends his days tearing up and down the stairs and leaping from one piece of furniture to the other. That explains all the broken stuff. I can't let him go outside because he knows nothing of cars, and he's far too friendly for his own good.
I do let him go outside on a harness with a long leash in the yard, where the squirrels and birds torment him. They figured out that the leash extends just so far and not an inch more. He desperately wants to hunt, and when he comes back in he seems to think "Well, if I can't hunt them, I'll hunt you" and that's when he goes into full ninja mode, leaping onto my back and biting me. He's not playing around anymore, and I can tell by the crazed look in his eyes.
Despite all his faults, I adore this cat.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
You're so welcome! Send me a DM if I can be of any other help.

And your Sushi? Well, he's just gorgeous! And I assume from the behaviour you describe he must be about 1 year old?
Thank you. I don't know what a DM is. Yet. I'm still feeling my way around this board, but I'll figure things out eventually.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Thank you. I don't know what a DM is. Yet. I'm still feeling my way around this board, but I'll figure things out eventually.
DM is Direct Message. That's the next section down, along the left hand side when you've clicked on My Settings. A quick way to send someone a DM is to click on their name and choose that option from the drop down menu. I just sent you an example

Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM

20,366 posts, read 14,640,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Actually, Sushi is about four and a half years old. He has energy to burn. His last owners kept him locked up in one small room in a highrise apartment building. Here, he has the run of the house, and spends his days tearing up and down the stairs and leaping from one piece of furniture to the other. That explains all the broken stuff. I can't let him go outside because he knows nothing of cars, and he's far too friendly for his own good.
I do let him go outside on a harness with a long leash in the yard, where the squirrels and birds torment him. They figured out that the leash extends just so far and not an inch more. He desperately wants to hunt, and when he comes back in he seems to think "Well, if I can't hunt them, I'll hunt you" and that's when he goes into full ninja mode, leaping onto my back and biting me. He's not playing around anymore, and I can tell by the crazed look in his eyes.
Despite all his faults, I adore this cat.
Reminds me of the black cat we had years and years ago. He was our Eeeee-vil Overlord. The amusement of having a housecat that seems to want to kill you, it's the same as every cartoon or movie with a highly incompetant and physically diminutive would-be supervillian. Like "Brain" in Pinky and the Brain, the mouse who wants to take over the world...it's that dynamic. You've got this little armful of cute fuzzy animal who has the soul of a tiger...or possibly a tornado. And he sees no reason in the world why he can't take out a full sized human being.

He's all "COME AT ME, BRO! BRING IT!!"

Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Reminds me of the black cat we had years and years ago. He was our Eeeee-vil Overlord. The amusement of having a housecat that seems to want to kill you, it's the same as every cartoon or movie with a highly incompetant and physically diminutive would-be supervillian. Like "Brain" in Pinky and the Brain, the mouse who wants to take over the world...it's that dynamic. You've got this little armful of cute fuzzy animal who has the soul of a tiger...or possibly a tornado. And he sees no reason in the world why he can't take out a full sized human being.

He's all "COME AT ME, BRO! BRING IT!!"
Lol! That's exactly it! I suppose much of it is my fault, because I laugh when he does it, but he's deadly serious. He is actually trying to take me out!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Sometimes I look at Sushi in awe. He's just so beautiful. He'll be sitting at the window with the sun shining a halo around his form and I'm left breathless. He's the perfect Tonk, and would easily be a show cat if he wasn't fixed. The coat is gleaming. The proportions are exquisite, from the shape of the jaw to the cut of the oversized ears. The obsidian muzzle, the elongated head, the clear azure eyes are a testament to his royal bearing. It's easy to see why they were revered as gods in ancient Egypt.

Too bad he's such a doofus, running around with a garbage bag stuck on his head, and drinking out of the toilet.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats