Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,327,091 times

Advertisements

Oh man,

When I got to Petsmart I want to cry and haul home all the poor cats I've seen there for months. Nobody wants to take home older cats in this area. I figure one day I'll have my way.....

A crazy old Victorian house with three floors, lots of rooms, a guest house out back to turn into a sewing room and at least 2 healthy happy cats for each room of the house. I'll have cat sitters when i go away - my nephews! They'll be old enough by then and have cars by then. Ahhh just need to wait about 30 more years for retirement plan to kick in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM

244 posts, read 718,143 times
Does anyone else have a kitty who has a fetish?

Olive's fetish is for hair ties. He seriously roots through my purse to find them. He's thorough and obsessive. If I hide my purse, he opens my side of the cabinets in the bathroom. He finds the ones I stash in there. Last week I caught him hauling around my brush because I had a hair tie wrapped around the handle.

This wasn't an issue until I found one that had been up-chucked.

It's madness, I tell you!

Madness....

Old 03-08-2010, 02:28 PM

672 posts, read 5,094,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
Ohhhhh. Good luck, KatrinaA! Let me know how it goes!
It went very well! Sooooo many cats in different sizes, markings and personalities. I couldn't decide which one I liked the most. They all needed love and affection so badly, I felt so sorry for them. Soon we'll be getting in a lot of kittens too. Why can't people just spay and neuter their cats?

Chaseystarz: I wanted to bring some of the older cats home too. There was a cat with only one eye there. He was a total charmer.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Chaseystarz: I wanted to bring some of the older cats home too. There was a cat with only one eye there. He was a total charmer.
AAAAHHHHH! See? I would have been a sucker and brought the charmer home!

I'm glad the shelter trip went very well. So when do you get to go back!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
AAAAHHHHH! See? I would have been a sucker and brought the charmer home!

I'm glad the shelter trip went very well. So when do you get to go back!
Friday

I'm not allowed to get more cats until we get a bigger place, or else I'd probably have taken home at least two of them. There was a beautiful black longhaired cat that sat on my lap for a long time. I think I love her now

Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Friday

There was a beautiful black longhaired cat that sat on my lap for a long time. I think I love her now

Shhhh! I won't tell if you do.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Shhhh! I won't tell if you do.
LOL!

Maybe I can sweet talk my way into getting another cat. It will have to be after my holiday in July though. It's expensive enough to have my one cat booked for a stay at a cat hotel for a month, hehe.

The thought of me leaving her for a month scares me. I will be one of those overprotective "mums" who call everyday

Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM

Oh goodness,

Yeah a month is a long time. I sometimes have to board Jensen and I am like......aaaaahhhh! I miss them when I am away and they are away. Don't feel bad. I call home and talk to my two when Jensen's in boarding. And I call the vet where Jensen boards to see what's going on.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Oh goodness,

Yeah a month is a long time. I sometimes have to board Jensen and I am like......aaaaahhhh! I miss them when I am away and they are away. Don't feel bad. I call home and talk to my two when Jensen's in boarding. And I call the vet where Jensen boards to see what's going on.
I've filled my ipod with pictures of my furry girl, I'll be looking at them every night before I go to sleep That's a good idea, to call the vet connected to the place. I'll also call the couple who runs the place. A friend of mine recommended this place for me. They've got a good reputation, so I guess she'll be fine, but she sort of depends on me, it makes me feel a bit insecure about the whole thing.

I wish I could speak cat and tell her that I will be back and that she is loved!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I've filled my ipod with pictures of my furry girl, I'll be looking at them every night before I go to sleep That's a good idea, to call the vet connected to the place. I'll also call the couple who runs the place. A friend of mine recommended this place for me. They've got a good reputation, so I guess she'll be fine, but she sort of depends on me, it makes me feel a bit insecure about the whole thing.

I wish I could speak cat and tell her that I will be back and that she is loved!
Jensen is a well behaved. he gets along very well with the vets cat George. So Jensen when he goes to boarding doesn't get locked up in a cage. They just kind of let him roam around in the back. So mostly when he heads over it's like going to a friends house to play....LOL. I don't feel insecure until bedtime when I'm away when I don't have my Jensen. And to think I travel alot in the summer as a tennis umpire.....AAHHHHHH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats