Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 02:47 AM

672 posts, read 5,094,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Wow-congrats on passing-44% failed? something wrong with the prof?

Now you will have a verrry relaxing weekend!
I know, right? We usually get a really high percentage on failed eco exams in my field. This is the only class people just keep failing. The grades are given by an external professor with our own professor by his/her side. Our own professor once told us that he didn't like us in an eco class once

I will have a good weekend. Bf is not at home, so we'll have a girl's night, with only me and my kitty, Anastasia, lol. I hope she'll stay nearby while I'll watch horror movies

You have a wonderful weekend as well, DKVA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 02:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
I did a walkthrough at the local shelter for our county today after breakfast with my mother.

She fell in love with a little terrier (about 7 years old) that her owner "dumped" previously. I fell in love with a german shephard mix that peed on me (we're going back on Monday to pick up the terrier, if all goes as it should) - the shephard has a new home already pending her socialization, we were told.

Waved and blew kisses to all the kitties as we left (they were napping ) - and let's just say... the kitties at home wouldn't even look at me until I peeled the jeans off and took a shower. lol

Does anyone live in the Maryland area? If I was under a different tennant situation, I would have picked up this one in a heartbeat. Amidst all of the excited or angry barking in the kennels (I know this is a cat thread, right?) the one at the very end of the line was a cocker spaniel, with his head down, not making any noise. Unlike the other doggies that were bouncing off of their walls and wiggling their butts off - this one walked very very very slowly over to the door and just sat there with his head down. -the caption above him explained only that he was blind, and had been for some time - I stuck my hand close enough to the bars for him to smell me (but not risk being snapped at) - and this little tongue came out a few times and licked my finger. He let out a little whimper that I wouldn't have been able to hear unless I hadn't been on my hands and knees in front of him already - and my heart just broke into pieces. A blind dog of his gentle shy temperment needs a quiet non-threatening household to re-establish his secure (and hopeful) outlook on life again... and my house would never fit the bill. Not with the multiple staircases, or the oodles of kitties ricocheting off of every piece of furniture at any given moment chasing eachother, tackling, bouncing, playing, etc. *deep sigh* - I think I'll go poke my nose over in the DOG section of the forum.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:41 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,327,596 times
MK,

Thats why I can't go visit a shelter. I'll fall in love with all four legged furry friends.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
MK,

Thats why I can't go visit a shelter. I'll fall in love with all four legged furry friends.
I hear you-my husband won't even look if we are at Petsmart or a local fair with the local ASPCA.
We currently have 1 cat and feed her grain fee-all natural food which is expensive. Plus our BIG expense is our kids who are older,living in our past relocation state and still need financial help-otherwise, I would get a friend for my Kalls!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:25 PM

*****SIGH*******

We're just a bunch of cat crazies on here that would get a van and load up all the cats and take them home from Petsmart or the shelters.......

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
*****SIGH*******

We're just a bunch of cat crazies on here that would get a van and load up all the cats and take them home from Petsmart or the shelters.......
Yes, we are and we should be proud of that.

I have two cats: Annie and Stella. Both are adopted. I got Annie when she was 3 (several years ago) and Stella when she was 13 (last year). My Molly died last year. She was 6.

Yesterday I got an email from a friend who said the mother of one of her church buddies has lung cancer and cannot care for her cat, Tammy. Tammy is 4. Did I know anyone who would be interested in adopting Tammy? The owner's daughter is alergic to cats and can't take Tammy.

So, I replied, yes, I'll take her if they have not alread found a home for her. She sounds so sweet and when I hear the name "Tammy" I think of Debbie Reynolds. I've been singing that song all day.

I feed my cats grain/glutin free cat food and it is expensive but I don't have any other financial responsibilities so expenses would be no problem.

I get so much joy from my little furry babies. One more would add to the joy. I still miss Molly so much. I think Tammy would be happy here.

I'll let y'all know what happens. If it is meant to be then it will happen.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Awesome. I hope you get to ad Tammy to your happy home- your cat crazy happy home.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,834,931 times
While cleaning the litter box, I was told, "You must really love cats to do all that."

Old 03-14-2010, 05:22 AM

672 posts, read 5,094,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
While cleaning the litter box, I was told, "You must really love cats to do all that."
LOL. The two times I've been at the shelter, I've been the one volunteering to do that. It's like an endless treasure hunt!

Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
LOL. The two times I've been at the shelter, I've been the one volunteering to do that. It's like an endless treasure hunt!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats