Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 07:37 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,517,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You counted? I'm flattered. I haven't returned the favor; counting posts isn't worth the time. Nonetheless, it's clear who has the emotional investment in this case here. You're basically living in this thread.
You don't have to count. Go to the main page (https://www.city-data.com/forum/current-events/) and click on the number under "Replies" associated with the thread. It tells you Who Posted - the name of the poster and how many times they have posted in the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 07:40 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,594,957 times
I posted my last post at 8:51pm last night, and I didn't post again until 6:24pm tonight.

Almost 24 hours between posts.

Metlakatla, why keep criticizing and trying to debase and degrade other posters for being interested in the case, when you yourself are very avidly interested, reading everything, glued to info on the case, following everything, and posting daily.

Yes, I am interested in the case and post.

Last edited by matisse12; 02-17-2022 at 07:51 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 07:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,051,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Nicole Kidman's father died after a fall in a hotel room
He died of a heart attack at a country club restaurant.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nicole-k...a-heart-attack

https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebr...tion-late-dad/

Old 02-17-2022, 07:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,822,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I posted my last post at 8:51pm last night and I didn't post again until 6:24pm tonight.
So? You're still way ahead of me as far as the post count, and you've been chasing every conspiracy theory out there

Kinda glad I'm not retired...

anyway, thanks SanyBelle — I never knew that.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:50 PM

8,942 posts, read 4,785,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
People fall in retirement communities all the time. You think at 65 you're going to be content to sit in a rocking chair, stop walking, stop driving, never go on a cruise or vacation? Just retire and move to a retirement community and stay in a chair so you don't fall?

It is a good idea to make your home accident proof, but he was in a hotel. He was still a working comedian. 65 is really not that old. Betty White worked another 30 years after her 65th birthday.
Have you ever visited a retirement community? Because it's nothing like you describe or think it is.

Did I say no one falls in a retirement community? Or that I'm just going to sit in a rocking chair forever?
The thing with a retirement community is that there are doctors and nurses close by to help me if I do fall because I'm not going to be sitting in a rocking chair 24/7.

And this has nothing to do with Saget. Did I say he should've been in a rocking chair in a retirement community? Or Betty White for that matter? This was about me and my future plans should I live long enough to be in my 80's. And being as careful as possible so I can enjoy a full, fun, independent life.

And talking with those who currently live in a retirement community they tell me that they love it. They are living productive lives and are way more busy than me with their projects, outings, etc.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Did I say no one falls in a retirement community? Or that I'm just going to sit in a rocking chair forever?
The thing with a retirement community is that there are doctors and nurses close by to help me if I do fall because I'm not going to be sitting in a rocking chair 24/7.

And this has nothing to do with Sagat. Did I say he should've been in a rocking chair in a retirement community? Or Betty White for that matter?
No, that's not how "retirement communities" work. If you want doctors and nurses close by to help you if you fall, you'll have to move into a hospital. Some assisted living facilities have nurses on staff; many don't.

Most 65-year olds I know aren't ready for assisted living homes.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I posted my last post at 8:51pm last night, and I didn't post again until 6:24pm tonight.

Almost 24 hours between posts.

Metlakatla, why keep criticizing and trying to debase and degrade other posters for being interested in the case, when you yourself are very avidly interested, reading everything, glued to info on the case, following everything, and posting daily.

Yes, I am interested in the case and post.
Actually, the only thing relative to Saget's death that I've been following is this thread. The death itself isn't interesting to me; the bizarre flights of fancy some of you are indulging in are, though. And I'm hardly the only poster who thinks the conspiracy narrative that some of you are pushing is highly disrespectful to his survivors as well as simply weird. Sorry it bothers you so much to be called out on how silly some of these scenarios are, but I don't think it's up to you to play hall monitor just because some people disagree with you.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:05 PM

16,636 posts, read 8,354,811 times
I briefly googled Nicole Kidman’s fathers death and they refer to the death as ‘unnatural’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna201841

Sounds like someone else found more info that he had a heart attack

Look, that’s great that so many of you think taking a spill on the floor, hitting your head and dying is no biggie and a completely normal way to go. To many of us it’s not and it’s very unusual. Usually there’s some other explanation-drugs, booze, heart attack, stroke. Something. But there’s nothing here other than he fell and his head really hard. It may take a while for people to accept that. As I said before he was a healthy looking guy who wasn’t particularly old. It’s just a sad way to go.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I briefly googled Nicole Kidman’s fathers death and they refer to the death as ‘unnatural’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna201841

Look, that’s great that so many of you think taking a spill on the floor, hitting your head and dying is no biggie and a completely normal way to go.
Well, that's just it. No one here said it was a completely normal way to go; it isn't. But it's not abnormal to the extent of being outside of the realm of possibility, and similar things have happened. Kind of like how it's abnormal to die of certain forms of cancer (that's just an example), but it still happens. And although the circumstances of Saget's death were somewhat unusual, falling and hitting his head is still far more likely than the scenarios put forth in this thread, such as him sneaking out to play a round of golf and being run over by a golf cart; prompting hotel staff to sneak him back into his room and act like nothing happened.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-17-2022 at 08:22 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 08:29 PM

37,181 posts, read 41,370,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So Bob had a brain bleed from a head injury. Why such a violation to have more details from the investigation.
I think what they want to suppress is mainly photographs of his body taken at the scene and during the autopsy. I would be very upset if such pictures of a deceased family member made it onto the internet or into the tabloids. The facts of the incident have already been made public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities