Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2022, 12:25 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Based on appearances alone Bob saget did not look 65 at all. I was looking at pics his wife had put up of him on her social media page and it’s easy to see why he’d have women much younger interested him. Of course his bank account helped but he looked much younger than 65 to me. Certainly didn’t look like someone likely to slip and fall and crack their head to the point of death.
I don't know if I want to spend time finding more of an age breakdown than these
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/falls
https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/all-inju.../data-details/

Of course they support the claim that elderly people make up many of the fatal accidental head blows, but they leave plenty of room for younger people to also die that way. And outward age doesn't have much to do with internal aging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 12:44 PM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
No fire escape or emergency exit in the back? Being Bob saget I’m sure he wasn’t in an ordinary hotel room.
I highly doubt it I have never seen an individual hotel room with its own emergency exit. He was probably many floors up, you think they’re going to let people climb down 25 flights of fire escape steps on their own? You think every room on his floor has a back entrance/exit with stairs? Logistically pretty hard to do. Most hotel rooms don’t even have windows that open on upper floors.

Old 02-21-2022, 01:03 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Here is a picture of the Ritz Carlton Orlando: https://d363suj4pdptk4.cloudfront.ne...e/assets/77760

No external fire exits. More than likely evacuation is via interior fire-rated stairwells accessed from the hallways.

Old 02-22-2022, 01:02 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Bob Saget Last Video Before Death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiTMBJEMj5U

Old 02-23-2022, 04:10 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times
"Bob Saget, 65, suffered fatal head injuries 'after blacking out in bathroom and bashing his head hard against marble floor, before coming round and stumbling into bed where he died,' investigators suspect" - Feb 23, 2022

"Investigators say they now believe Saget passed out in the hotel bathroom, fell and hit his head against marble floor
In the early hours of January 9, Saget regained consciousness and made his way to the bed, where he blacked out a second time and later died"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bed-died.html

So they are saying rather than 'slipping' on slippery floor or slippery marble, he instead blacked-out and hit his head.

If so, that precludes his family from suing the Ritz-Carlton with a lawsuit for malfeasance in having slippery bathroom tile.

Last edited by matisse12; 02-23-2022 at 04:26 PM..

Old 02-23-2022, 06:01 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
"Bob Saget, 65, suffered fatal head injuries 'after blacking out in bathroom and bashing his head hard against marble floor, before coming round and stumbling into bed where he died,' investigators suspect" - Feb 23, 2022

"Investigators say they now believe Saget passed out in the hotel bathroom, fell and hit his head against marble floor
In the early hours of January 9, Saget regained consciousness and made his way to the bed, where he blacked out a second time and later died"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bed-died.html

So they are saying rather than 'slipping' on slippery floor or slippery marble, he instead blacked-out and hit his head.

If so, that precludes his family from suing the Ritz-Carlton with a lawsuit for malfeasance in having slippery bathroom tile.
Oops, looks like I'm getting pretty close to having nailed it. "Something" DID cause him to black out first BEFORE he hit his head.

Idc what the other poster "couldn't find" on VAERS. I'm literally looking at over 2,600 reports involving spontaneous brain bleeds, many of which caused falls from blacking out.

Last edited by coschristi; 02-23-2022 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: emoji

Old 02-23-2022, 06:23 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oops, looks like I'm getting pretty close to having nailed it. "Something" DID cause him to black out first BEFORE he hit his head.

Idc what the other poster "couldn't find" on VAERS. I'm literally looking at over 2,600 reports involving spontaneous brain bleeds, many of which caused falls from blacking out.
He was on two meds that could cause dizziness: clonazepam and trazodone. That was discussed earlier in the thread.

Reports are not confirmation of causation.

Old 02-23-2022, 06:35 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
He was on two meds that could cause dizziness: clonazepam and trazodone. That was discussed earlier in the thread.
Dizziness is not the same as blacking out so hard you smash your head on a marble floor and end up with multiple fractures to your skull.

I imagine this was pointed out to you earlier in the thread.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:08 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Dizziness is not the same as blacking out so hard you smash your head on a marble floor and end up with multiple fractures to your skull.

I imagine this was pointed out to you earlier in the thread.
Clonazepam:

https://drugabuse.com/benzodiazepine...lonazepam-use/

"There are a number of side effects of clonazepam, especially if you take it for a long period of time or at high doses. You may experience:

Vertigo or dizziness.
Syncope or fainting."

Trazodone:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...s/drg-20061280

"Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting may occur, especially when you get up suddenly from a lying or sitting position."

Old 02-23-2022, 10:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I take trazodone and sometimes I can barely walk on it. I've woke up and could not get out of bed because of my head spinning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities