Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 12:07 PM

43,271 posts, read 77,073,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPBailey View Post
But my left hand is not getting any bigger. I'm 57 and it is harder for me to grasp bigger things in one hand. I'm getting arthrits in my hands with age. Advocates of the elderly and the disabled should have a voice in phone design and size. Android users on social security and other forms of limited income have no affordable choices for smaller phones. A case for a phone is just another hassle and a thing to pay money for. It also adds more bulk and makes the phone even harder to carry. No, I don't want to fart around with a case. They had it right 5-10 years ago when SMARTphones were not too big. The Android phone manufactures are now totally ignoring a good segment of the population who would prefer a more compact ANDROID phone. If 25% of the people want a smaller phone, then it logically follows that 25% of the new Android phone models built should be smaller. You will not find one NEW Android phone out there at 5.70" overall legnth or shorter for under $200. The shortest refurb phone my carrier Tello now offers is a Samsung Galaxy, $119, that is 5.80" long overall and still won't quite fit my phone pocket. 5.70" overall, the length of my now-obsolete Moto E4, is the biggest phone my phone pocket will allow.

America should be about Freedom of Choice. I want the right to CHOOSE.

CHOOSE to provide the market with the phone you want!
IF you have so many folks in complete agreement with you, you should have no problem raising capital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 12:26 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
But my left hand is not getting any bigger. I'm 57 and it is harder for me to grasp bigger things in one hand. I'm getting arthrits in my hands with age. Advocates of the elderly and the disabled should have a voice in phone design and size.
I know plenty of elderly people. You are the exception, not the norm. The vast majority of older people want bigger phones. Fact. My parents phones keep getting larger because they like larger. They are easier to read. Most older people do NOT want smaller phones.
They also like cases to protect the phone so they don't break them.

Quote:
Android users on social security and other forms of limited income have no affordable choices for smaller phones. A case for a phone is just another hassle and a thing to pay money for.
Yea, $10 to protect your $100 investment is too much for you? Say that out loud.
"$10 is too much to protect my $100 phone because it doesn't fit in my $30 jacket anymore".
And now you have a broken screen.

Quote:
It also adds more bulk and makes the phone even harder to carry.
My case adds no appreciable bulk in the least. And it isn't even remotely harder to carry. Most cases don't add all that much. You're being a curmudgeon. Period. Recognize that.

And an #$*&#)(*& that thinks its his American right to use the word retard... I'm still not over that.
Sorry man, but you lost any respect I might have had for you after that comment.

Old 12-13-2021, 08:13 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I know plenty of elderly people. You are the exception, not the norm. The vast majority of older people want bigger phones. Fact. My parents phones keep getting larger because they like larger. They are easier to read. Most older people do NOT want smaller phones.
They also like cases to protect the phone so they don't break them.

Yea, $10 to protect your $100 investment is too much for you? Say that out loud.
"$10 is too much to protect my $100 phone because it doesn't fit in my $30 jacket anymore".
And now you have a broken screen.

My case adds no appreciable bulk in the least. And it isn't even remotely harder to carry. Most cases don't add all that much. You're being a curmudgeon. Period. Recognize that.

And an #$*&#)(*& that thinks its his American right to use the word retard... I'm still not over that.
Sorry man, but you lost any respect I might have had for you after that comment.

Seven years older than you is elderly ?

(although I must admit, the OP's attitude is more like 77 rather than 57)

Old 12-13-2021, 08:40 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
But my left hand is not getting any bigger. I'm 57 and it is harder for me to grasp bigger things in one hand. I'm getting arthrits in my hands with age. Advocates of the elderly and the disabled should have a voice in phone design and size. Android users on social security and other forms of limited income have no affordable choices for smaller phones. A case for a phone is just another hassle and a thing to pay money for. It also adds more bulk and makes the phone even harder to carry. No, I don't want to fart around with a case. They had it right 5-10 years ago when SMARTphones were not too big. The Android phone manufactures are now totally ignoring a good segment of the population who would prefer a more compact ANDROID phone. If 25% of the people want a smaller phone, then it logically follows that 25% of the new Android phone models built should be smaller. You will not find one NEW Android phone out there at 5.70" overall legnth or shorter for under $200. The shortest refurb phone my carrier Tello now offers is a Samsung Galaxy, $119, that is 5.80" long overall and still won't quite fit my phone pocket. 5.70" overall, the length of my now-obsolete Moto E4, is the biggest phone my phone pocket will allow.

You sound like my father (RIP dad).

My dad was referring to himself as ancient when he was 40, and he was a varsity athlete in high school, and a Golden Gloves boxer beyond that, and was drafted after college and served in Korea.

I look at things the way my mother's father did.

He had a physical issue that he never dwelled on or even brought up, and didn't start referring to himself as old until he was in his mid 80s.

I'm in my early 60s, and I don't have any pain from anything, nor any mobility nor health issues, and I don't feel nor think of myself as old at all.

Another one of my relatives still had his professional license when he died at age 100, and was still doing consulting work (just to stay active....he didn't need the money) right up until when he died. He was still driving as well. He bought a new car when he was in his mid 90s.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:51 AM

1,743 posts, read 991,366 times
Quote:
They had it right 5-10 years ago when SMARTphones were not too big. The Android phone manufactures are now totally ignoring a good segment of the population who would prefer a smaller phone.

You seem to be confused on the meaning of .. "Freedom of Choice", and "Right to Choose?"

In a nutshell .. You Do have the freedom of choice and right to choose.

What you're missing is .. a business has the same right to choose and freedom of choice that you have and want!

They choose to provide whatever is in 'their' best interest.

That is 'their' freedom of choice.

You can still choose by going elsewhere!

Old 12-14-2021, 04:31 AM

388 posts, read 326,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
You seem to be confused on the meaning of .. "Freedom of Choice", and "Right to Choose?"

In a nutshell .. You Do have the freedom of choice and right to choose.

What you're missing is .. a business has the same right to choose and freedom of choice that you have and want!

They choose to provide whatever is in 'their' best interest.

That is 'their' freedom of choice.

You can still choose by going elsewhere!
No, I can not. There's not a single phone out there I can buy made by anybody that will satisfy ME 100%, you see. It doesn't matter if Samsung makes it or Motorola makes it. Whatever is out there by whomever is larger in size (or price tag) than what I wish for. Modern industry is very cookie cutter. Individuals are no longer catered to. We don't have a Burger King phone company: have it your way. Automobiles have taken the same path as well. A bunch of blandness. The 21st century world is now globally tasteless. The Asians have tiny hands but they build such BIG phones. It's beyond my own undertstanding. I'm sure midgets are mad about the BIG PHONE CRAZE.

Last edited by JohnPBailey; 12-14-2021 at 04:49 AM..

Old 12-14-2021, 06:52 AM

6,471 posts, read 10,338,139 times
Wow, now we are stereotyping Asians and midgets.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Mentally, absolutely.
He carries his gun around ... in his fanny pack!

Old 12-14-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Mentally, absolutely.
He carries his gun around ... in his fanny pack!

And he replies to every message individually not knowing how to multi quote. And he thinks it's OK to say whatever the F he wants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Wow, now we are stereotyping Asians and midgets.
Agreed! Seriously, JohnPBailey.... you need to take a break from this site for awhile...

Last edited by Peregrine; 12-14-2021 at 07:53 AM..

Old 12-14-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Thanks, but my name isn't John. I could say the same for you.
wtf? I am talking to the dude who started this thread, DAW.
Y'know the insulting entitled JohnPBailey from Oklahoma.

Who also gives off the impression he is much older as he is apparently retired, too.
/edit/ Fixed that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones