Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 08:55 AM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times

Advertisements

Sorry, Peregrine. When I realized my response was in error, I deleted it. It wasn't meant for you, only the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 09:18 AM

6,589 posts, read 11,277,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPBailey View Post
I'm serious as a heart attack. That 0.19" difference makes all the difference in the world between snapping my phone pocket shut ot not. That nylon jacket material of mine is rigid, not elastic. No stretch whatsoever.

Again phone makers take no consideration as to what a phone will fit inside whatsoever. Cheap flip phones won't have any of the smartphone features I want like calculator, camera, music player and whatnot. The true folding smartphones out now are much more than I'm willing to pay. I will not pay the amount for a stupid phone that I can pay for two brand new Glock pistols. Until crap gets more downsized and within my price ballpark, I have to resort to the fanny pack.
I see. So your Walmart purchased jacket is now the official standard on whether a phone is too big or not...

Quote:
No, I can not. There's not a single phone out there I can buy made by anybody that will satisfy ME 100%, you see. It doesn't matter if Samsung makes it or Motorola makes it. Whatever is out there by whomever is larger in size (or price tag) than what I wish for. Modern industry is very cookie cutter. Individuals are no longer catered to. We don't have a Burger King phone company: have it your way. Automobiles have taken the same path as well. A bunch of blandness. The 21st century world is now globally tasteless. The Asians have tiny hands but they build such BIG phones. It's beyond my own undertstanding. I'm sure midgets are mad about the BIG PHONE CRAZE.
LOL. That actually says a LOT more about you. People often feel others think like they do. Thus, you feel "Asians w/ small hands" are self-centered enough that they would only make phones for themselves....

Quote:
Never mind all that crap. I'll keep the stupid thing I have already in my fanny pack as I've said before until a dinkier one comes out at a price I'm willing to pay. The majority of people are idiots nowadays for wanting impractical nonsense if the market is catering to such lunacy. If it floats your boat to buy a lousy phone for $500 to $2,000, that's your business, not mine. Many times the majority doesn't want what makes sense. The markets for consumer goods are now being taken over by these young punks who haven't the brains god gave a goose but think they know it all. I don't care what I look like. I'm an American. I will say retards if I damn well please.

- Proud American Boomer Here
Ever considered that what "makes sense" is subjective to an individuals needs, etc.? Just because it "makes sense" to you doesn't necessarily mean it does for everyone else? And it's pretty obvious that if you seem to be outside of the market norms.. perhaps YOU'RE the outlier/exception?

Bottom line - you scratched your phone. It happens, you're human. You make mistakes. But blaming the phone company for making phones "too large" or the jacket company for making pockets too small makes one sound like a petulant child....

Old 12-14-2021, 09:39 AM

47 posts, read 33,992 times
This gets better by the day.

Old 12-14-2021, 12:06 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
No, I can not. There's not a single phone out there I can buy made by anybody that will satisfy ME 100%, you see. It doesn't matter if Samsung makes it or Motorola makes it. Whatever is out there by whomever is larger in size (or price tag) than what I wish for. Modern industry is very cookie cutter. Individuals are no longer catered to. We don't have a Burger King phone company: have it your way. Automobiles have taken the same path as well. A bunch of blandness. The 21st century world is now globally tasteless. The Asians have tiny hands but they build such BIG phones. It's beyond my own undertstanding. I'm sure midgets are mad about the BIG PHONE CRAZE.
I disagree.

Go into an Apple Store and chat with some fellow customers.

People have sometimes very different groupings of Apple products and equally different ways of using them.

I've had Apple Care on one device or another for the last five plus years.

They ask we which device I'm calling about, but if the conversation goes to a different Apple device of mine (including, occasionally, one not covered) they don't make me call back nor say no.

I've had Apple Care calls where my question was answered in two minutes or less and other calls where, re the complexity of the issue and my questions, the calls about the issue took a whole week or more, with the level three (or it might have been level four) rep needed to do research and call me back. Apple even put in place a training protocol (only triggered by the same questions I had and accessible at that level of rep) for that issue based on my questions and the solution we uncovered.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:40 PM

388 posts, read 326,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I disagree.

Go into an Apple Store and chat with some fellow customers.

People have sometimes very different groupings of Apple products and equally different ways of using them.

I've had Apple Care on one device or another for the last five plus years.

They ask we which device I'm calling about, but if the conversation goes to a different Apple device of mine (including, occasionally, one not covered) they don't make me call back nor say no.

I've had Apple Care calls where my question was answered in two minutes or less and other calls where, re the complexity of the issue and my questions, the calls about the issue took a whole week or more, with the level three (or it might have been level four) rep needed to do research and call me back. Apple even put in place a training protocol (only triggered by the same questions I had and accessible at that level of rep) for that issue based on my questions and the solution we uncovered.
Tello Mobile offers only one Apple model right now: Apple iPhone XR at over $300 refurbished. It's even longer than my Moto E6 at 5.94". I also have the issue with money. I'm low income. The only phones I care to pay for that are both available and compatible with my carrier are just a tad too big so they must be carried in my fanny pack. I will have to suffer this inconvenience until cheaper smaller Tello-compatible phones I like, preferably on Android platforms, come available. I chose Tello Mobile mostly because it's CHEAP service. It has yet to offer me an affordable "dreamphone". I will have to suffer the clunky and not so dreamy thing for the time being. I rest my case on this thread, speaking of which, I refuse to carry my phone in a case.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:24 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
Quote:
I rest my case on this thread, speaking of which, I refuse to carry my phone in a case.
Then you should accept the consequences of dropping it, not whine like a petulant child about dropping a metal and glass device which then gets scratched up. Oddly enough, I have a $10 case on my phone, clear plastic...dropped it plenty of times, not a scratch on it. Doesn't add any bulk either.

But then, I'm not a doof who spends a couple hundred bucks on a phone but cries about a $10 case either. I spend a grand on a phone, fifty bucks for a case is a drop in the bucket. And it still fits in my jacket and pants pocket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones