Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think "two-factor" ID is:
Great 11 47.83%
Terrible 5 21.74%
Without purpose 2 8.70%
It depends 3 13.04%
Other, post away 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 08:30 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I work in IT. When the pandemic lockdown started in Ohio I had a few new users start. I did not enable MFA for them because we were remote and it was only 6 weeks so I figured I would wait til they were in the office to set it up for them. One week before we came back in the office, one of those users had their account compromised by someone in Bulgaria.

Luckily I had tools in place to recognize this right away and I shut it down in less then 10 minutes.

MFA prevents this. I am at work right now and was just doing an audit. (Hanging out here while I wait for some results). See attachment: this happens all day every day constantly. These are bots trying to compromise our accounts....

In an entirely different scene, I look at Wordfence reports on my Wordpress sites.
Those bots are relentless and legion. It is quite illustrative.

I pay for blocking all IPs from outside the USA on one site, and WordFence helps greatly.
Of course, many are via VPNs with US IPs, so they still register.
But very few come through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones