Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 11:41 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,945,168 times

Advertisements

How do the military flights factor into CHS data ?? I don't think any of those other airports share airspace with C17 and fighter jets. You can tell when it's National Guard week by all the hot rod pilots getting their hours in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2020, 11:45 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
I flew home to DEN out of CHS for $29 on Frontier in November.

More walking than I would have expected for an airport that size is really all I can say.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:28 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,053 times
On a lighter note, Cinnabon is coming to CHS this summer.

https://charlestonbusiness.com/news/...tourism/77869/

Old 01-29-2020, 06:16 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,683,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
On a lighter note, Cinnabon is coming to CHS this summer.

https://charlestonbusiness.com/news/...tourism/77869/

Oh yeah!

Old 01-30-2020, 08:07 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
You can already fly non-stop from Charleston to Seattle and back 6 days a week on Alaska Air. My son lives in Seattle and takes that flight almost every trip (only exceptions are when I book AA with miles instead of paying). They don't have one on Saturday.

Leaving Charleston at roughly 5 pm ET and arriving in Seattle roughly 8:30 pm PT. His last flight home on Dec. 30 arrived about 30 minutes early in Seattle.

Flight leaving Seattle at roughly 8 am PT and arrives in Charleston at roughly 4 pm ET.

Bank of America also has the Alaska Air credit card that can be used to build up miles for those interested.

Has he said if those flights are full? Its amazing that CHS would have a transcontinental flight like that.. I am glad for it....just wonder what impetus for it was Tourism and Boeing?

Old 01-30-2020, 08:15 AM

1,744 posts, read 878,115 times
He's never said and it never occurred to me to ask him. But when I booked his flights Nov. 19th, the only two coach seats together were in the very last row of the plane and then there were scattered middle seats. I booked him in first class coming here ($200 more than coach) and then extra leg room section behind first class going back because first class was three times the cost of coach. I think it was $145 each for do the extra leg room (bigger seats too). His flights were for Dec. 26 and Dec. 30 so maybe slightly busier than other times.

Old 01-31-2020, 06:04 AM

93 posts, read 86,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Has he said if those flights are full? Its amazing that CHS would have a transcontinental flight like that.. I am glad for it....just wonder what impetus for it was Tourism and Boeing?

That flight to SEA was one of the deciding factors in our move to the area. Our son and daughter in law are in Tacoma. Every time we have taken that flight, there and back, to visit, it has been pretty much full.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:43 AM

606 posts, read 730,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider162 View Post
A solution is being worked on, though it doesn't include a new interchange. Montague will likely end up as the primary route to the airport.

https://www.airportconnectorroad.com/
Too bad they didn't just take Aviation avenue exit and make a proper 4 lane airport entry.

Old 02-26-2020, 03:04 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,443,251 times
What a blessing. Silver Airways is bringing nonstop routes from Charleston to Tampa, Orlando, and Fort Lauderdale beginning in May. I just said on the last page how crazy it was there's no Orlando route, and now there's 3. Nonstop to Tampa, I love that. Fares will be on ATR 72-600 aircraft. So not a big, slick Boeing or Airbus, but it's a plane. Fares starting at $69 one way.

Charleston to Orlando will be daily - and it'll continue on to Key West
Charleston to Fort Lauderdale will be 4x weekly
Charleston to Tampa will be 3x weekly

https://services.businesswire.com/resources-education

Pretty sure Silver has tried CHS before, so that's good news that they want to give it another shot. These routes also give CHS more connections to the Bahamas.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:55 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,065,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
What a blessing. Silver Airways is bringing nonstop routes from Charleston to Tampa, Orlando, and Fort Lauderdale beginning in May. I just said on the last page how crazy it was there's no Orlando route, and now there's 3. Nonstop to Tampa, I love that. Fares will be on ATR 72-600 aircraft. So not a big, slick Boeing or Airbus, but it's a plane. Fares starting at $69 one way.

Charleston to Orlando will be daily - and it'll continue on to Key West
Charleston to Fort Lauderdale will be 4x weekly
Charleston to Tampa will be 3x weekly

https://services.businesswire.com/resources-education

Pretty sure Silver has tried CHS before, so that's good news that they want to give it another shot. These routes also give CHS more connections to the Bahamas.

Great news. But still no announcement of a new 3rd concourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area