Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,471,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
Sounds like a drug killing to me...probably over BIG money. The fact that the body wasnt even hidden would lead me to believe that whoever did it wanted it to be found to send a message. With that said, I highly doubt it even happened in Oak Park. Probably on the west side somewhere.
No, per today's Tribune it did not. The person lived in the 2700 N. block of Nordica. I believe that is in Galewood.

Dismembered Oak Park body ID'd - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/03/dismembered-oak-park-body-idd.html - broken link)

Note the last sentence of the article:

"Hawkins and Udelson said the incident had not shaken their opinion that Oak Park is safe."

Man, whenever something terrible happens in Oak Park, every article qualifies the crime with a statement like this. When crimes happen in Berwyn and Cicero, they are not so qualified, even though those communities have lower crime rates.

There was a similar situation in Berwyn about a year ago where a body was dumped in an alley. Like the Oak Park body dump, the crime wasn't committed in Berwyn, but there wasn't any assurance to the masses that "despite the incident, Berwyn is still safe."

Body found dead in Berwyn alley - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

Not bitching here, as I'm as big a fan of Oak Park as there is out there. I just find it facinating how defensive we as a society get over the safety of our most affluent communities.

End of Sociology 101. Continue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,401,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
No, per today's Tribune it did not. The person lived in the 2700 N. block of Nordica. I believe that is in Galewood.

I could be wrong but isn't that the Montclare neighborhood?

Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM

111 posts, read 381,631 times
Quote:
A 28-year-old man whose dismembered body was found in four garbage bags in an Oak Park alley Wednesday died from a gunshot wound to the head and his death has been ruled a homicide, a spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office said today.
Really, a homicide? Ya think?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,638,610 times
Quote:
Yea, thats where he lived but who knows where the crime was actually committed. I just guessed west side because OP is along the expressway, and I could picture someone just taking an exit ramp off the Eisenhower coming from the west side.

But Im not a detective.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,815,368 times
Quote:
Sounds like a drug killing to me...probably over BIG money. The fact that the body wasnt even hidden would lead me to believe that whoever did it wanted it to be found to send a message. With that said, I highly doubt it even happened in Oak Park. Probably on the west side somewhere.
Yep. The police think the body was dumped there. That block is very close to the Ike.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:24 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,815,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post

Ok ready? Let us name the date: June 20th. Drover sits at Austin and Lake in a lawn chair for an entire day. He can't leave. He can't have any weapons.

I bet he does not last past noon.

This could be fun.
Past noon? You must be ****ing kidding me. It's not really that bad there at all. I'd be more worried about sunburn than anything else during the daylight hours. Two of my closest female friends had an apartment on Austin Avenue (Oak Park side) for a year, and never had any trouble at all. You're kidding yourself if you think it's that dangerous.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,770,324 times
So is the imprint of the 68 Camaro still etched in the concrete of the railroad embankmemt where Taylor meets it at South Blvd? It was weird, you could see the parking lights, the bowtie and the eggcrate grill and all, a regular Camaro Shroud of Turin.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,641,092 times
Quote:
Yea, thats where he lived but who knows where the crime was actually committed. I just guessed west side because OP is along the expressway, and I could picture someone just taking an exit ramp off the Eisenhower coming from the west side.

But Im not a detective.
Well:

Nordica is 5 side streets west of Oak Park Ave in Chicago.

Clarence Ave is 3 side streets east of Oak Park Ave in Oak Park.

I think the victim was abducted (and perhaps murdered near the Oak Park address) or murdered near his residence.

The other possibility is the murder(ers) abducted the man and brought him to his residence for some reason (to get the drugs and/or money etc...) They killed him somewhere around his residence or in Oak Park and dumped his body in Oak Park.

They took Oak Park Ave more than likely between doing so.

I don't think they used the Eisenhower at all. There are no on and off ramps between Harlem and Austin in Oak Park. Besides one hardly has to take the expressway to travel between the West Side of Chicago and Oak Park.

They attempted to place the body near the expressway to attempt throw off investigators.

I would look into the murder(ers) being from Cicero,Berwyn,Forest Park and maybe from Montclare,Galewood,or Austin.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 03-12-2009 at 10:48 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:

Dismembered Oak Park body ID'd - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/03/dismembered-oak-park-body-idd.html - broken link)

2700 N. Nordica is in Montclare.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM

"Body found dead in Berwyn alley"
Body found dead in Berwyn alley - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

As opposed to what a zombie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs