Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 10:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
First of all, they didn't know how much oil my car needed, so I had to look it up in the manual. Strange -- never had to do that before -- but the guy said the car was "too new" and wasn't showing up in their system (this was early last year, the car was a 2014 model). Anyway, they then put regular oil after I asked for synthetic (which was required by my warranty), and they only caught it when I went to pay and commented that "Wow, that's really cheap for a synthetic oil change!" They had to drain the oil and start over.

Honest mistakes, but the biggest problem was that my front left tire was noisy when I left, and the car was pulling to the left. I mentioned it to my husband, who found that they hadn't tightened up the lug nuts properly. It was almost like they started the job, got distracted and then never finished. Ummm...talk about scary...what if the tire would've fallen off? The other stuff was forgivable, but they should be more careful when it comes to customer safety.
Synthetic oil is regular oil for automobiles requiring the use of 0w. If automobile technicians do not know their oils, they should not be changing oil.

Unsecured lug nuts can lead to a serious safety problem. If automobile technicians cannot rotate tires properly, they should not be rotating and servicing tires.

Any automobile service center can be good if it has experienced and/or ASE certified technicians who know automobiles, know what they do, and perform services well.

I applied for employment with a Sears Auto Center years ago hoping to get into automobile maintenance and servicing. The manager preferred someone who speaks Spanish and has no knowledge of automobiles over someone who speaks English, has knowledge of automobiles, and wants to work in automobile servicing and repair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,480 times
Does anyone know what the construction is about on New Hope Rd across from New Hope Church? next to US Social Security building?

Old 04-05-2016, 11:37 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
First of all, they didn't know how much oil my car needed, so I had to look it up in the manual. Strange -- never had to do that before -- but the guy said the car was "too new" and wasn't showing up in their system (this was early last year, the car was a 2014 model). Anyway, they then put regular oil after I asked for synthetic (which was required by my warranty), and they only caught it when I went to pay and commented that "Wow, that's really cheap for a synthetic oil change!" They had to drain the oil and start over.

Honest mistakes, but the biggest problem was that my front left tire was noisy when I left, and the car was pulling to the left. I mentioned it to my husband, who found that they hadn't tightened up the lug nuts properly. It was almost like they started the job, got distracted and then never finished. Ummm...talk about scary...what if the tire would've fallen off? The other stuff was forgivable, but they should be more careful when it comes to customer safety.
The Jiffy Lube on East Ash Street around the corner from Kmart isn't much better. Everybody I knew that went there never had anything good to say about it, either. I agree about Firestone. I went there 3 different times over a 2-year span (2007-2009) and every time I went there, I ended up waiting forever before they took my SUV, even though I had already made an appointment ahead of time. I never had a problem with their work, but it's not worth the wait. White's Tire Service at the corner of Ash Street and Spence Avenue had great service, but they closed a while back. I think they built another damn bank in it's place (as if Goldsboro doesn't have enough banks ).

Old 04-05-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I applied for employment with a Sears Auto Center years ago hoping to get into automobile maintenance and servicing. The manager preferred someone who speaks Spanish and has no knowledge of automobiles over someone who speaks English, has knowledge of automobiles, and wants to work in automobile servicing and repair.
That doesn't surprise me a bit.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:56 PM

123 posts, read 522,657 times
Utility work will begin on highway 117 South to prepare for two interchanges to to built on the highway this is in preparation to extend I 795 South through Wayne, Duplin counties and eventually connecting with I 40 in Sampson County in the near future.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED83 View Post
Utility work will begin on highway 117 South to prepare for two interchanges to to built on the highway this is in preparation to extend I 795 South through Wayne, Duplin counties and eventually connecting with I 40 in Sampson County in the near future.
Interstate 795's extension south to Interstate 40 will likely be done in phases. In relation to Goldsboro, I would be interested in the stretch from Interstate 795's present southern terminus to Mar-Mac. I can see a new location to avoid at-grade intersections and railroad crossings.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:21 AM

275 posts, read 330,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGFX View Post
Does anyone know what the construction is about on New Hope Rd across from New Hope Church? next to US Social Security building?
There putting a new Senior Living Center there.

I also will like to announce that the New Hope Rd. Trail will be getting and extension to just out pass the Wayne Community College Entrance. This trail will also include a pedestrian bridge and a boardwalk. Construction is to begin next Monday.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Interstate 795's extension south to Interstate 40 will likely be done in phases. In relation to Goldsboro, I would be interested in the stretch from Interstate 795's present southern terminus to Mar-Mac. I can see a new location to avoid at-grade intersections and railroad crossings.
Yes, it will be done in phases. According to NCDOT's July 2015 feasibility study, there are 4 alternatives for the connection from Mar-Mac to the stoplight where I-795 ends at Ash Street, which will be converted to an interchange. One of the alternatives is upgrading the existing US-117 from Mar-Mac just south of US-13 to Ash Street, which is extremely unlikely due to the terrain near the Neuse River and the numerous businesses along the road. Wayne County Commissioners have already opposed that alternative. The other three alternatives revolve around the routing of the new location highway from Mar-Mac to Ash Street. Wayne County Commissioners said that they support Alternative 4A. The interesting part is the connection to I-40 west of Faison. The current plan is to upgrade the existing Exit 355 interchange in Sampson County where the US-117 Connector runs into I-40. NCDOT said that the interchange design would be similar to the I-95, I-40 interchange near Benson. Problem is, Sampson County opposes upgrading Exit 355 because they have a planned 200-acre industrial site near the exit known as "Project 355" and are worried that an upgraded interchange would interfere with the site. They want I-795 to branch off the US-117 Connector between Exit 355 and Faison and turn south for about 3-4 miles on new location and have it end at I-40 at a new interchange just south of Exit 355. Duplin County has already opposed that option because they don't want farm land destroyed, so they want the existing US-117 Connector and Exit 355 upgraded, which is what NCDOT intended on. It'll be interesting to see who will win that fight. I'm not sure how to link PDF documents here, but this Google search link will take you to it. It's the very first search result at the top. It's a 65-page document, but there's a table of contents on the second page. Alternative 4A is what the Wayne County Commissioners favor.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&....3.mWfJ3Ut7tTc

Last edited by LM117; 04-21-2016 at 06:57 AM..

Old 04-21-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED83 View Post
The interchanges are for Oberry Road in Dudley, which is the only traffic light between I-40 and Mar-Mac, and Country Club Road north of Mount Olive. The Oberry Road interchange can't come soon enough. There's been numerous crashes at that intersection over the years. I've been up and down US-117 more times than I can count over the years since the late 1990's and you wouldn't believe the number of cars I've seen blowing through that red light. I think NCDOT will also widen the shoulders to Interstate standards around those future interchanges as part of those projects. I would hope so, anyway. NCDOT said that once I-795 is extended to I-40, the speed limit will change from 55mph to 70mph.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:24 AM

I like Alternative 4A. It separates Interstate 795 from United States Routes 13 and 117.

Either Interstate 40 exit 355 or the other proposed interchange will have flyovers and such when Interstate 795 is completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina