Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 PM

94 posts, read 460,363 times

Advertisements

I live in NY, and have never been to the coast of NC. I want to get married by the ocean, and NC has some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Which is the best to get married at? I want it to be a little out of the way, yet close enough to civilization if you catch my drift. We where thinking early-mid April. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonchaser View Post
I live in NY, and have never been to the coast of NC. I want to get married by the ocean, and NC has some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Which is the best to get married at? I want it to be a little out of the way, yet close enough to civilization if you catch my drift. We where thinking early-mid April. Thank you!
Some people like to get married at Kure Beach on the beach. It is about 30 minutes south of Wilmington, NC! Last time we were there we saw a wedding ceremony going on.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:13 PM

217 posts, read 1,117,352 times
southport is nice too

Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
I don't know the 'best' place - i haven't been around too much here, but Wrightsville Beach is popular for weddings. I went to a conference at the Blockade Runner Hotel, which seemed tailor-made for weddings, with a large grassy lawn right next to the beach. The other day I heard someone say there was a 2-year waiting list anywhere at Wrightsville, but I don't know if this is true.

and although it is not in North Carolina, lots of girls I know want a "Charleston wedding." Kiawah Island, and the Isle of Palms both have good beaches for that. None of these will be cheap, though.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:33 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Check out this thread that was also created today: http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...dding-obx.html
SunnyKayak posted some info there that looks very helpful.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:45 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
Emerald Isle for Weddings

There's a thriving wedding custom of getting married on Emerald Isle..some rent an ocean view house there to put up themselves and guests and get married in front of the house on the beach or on the deck...that way, in case the weather doesn't co-operate, it's possible to have the wedding inside, but still have an ocean view...local caterers or private chefs can take care of the food and drink for you...

This link should give your some helpful information and contacts:

Crystal Coast Bride | Wedding Planning for Emerald Isle, New Bern, Atlantic Beach, Morehead City, Havelock, Beaufort, and North Carolina's Crystal Coast

Have a Happy & Joyful wedding!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:32 PM

6 posts, read 37,403 times
Default I Second That

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Emerald Isle for Weddings

There's a thriving wedding custom of getting married on Emerald Isle..some rent an ocean view house there to put up themselves and guests and get married in front of the house on the beach or on the deck...that way, in case the weather doesn't co-operate, it's possible to have the wedding inside, but still have an ocean view...local caterers or private chefs can take care of the food and drink for you...

This link should give your some helpful information and contacts:

Crystal Coast Bride | Wedding Planning for Emerald Isle, New Bern, Atlantic Beach, Morehead City, Havelock, Beaufort, and North Carolina's Crystal Coast

Have a Happy & Joyful wedding!
I have personally participated in a few weddings on Emerald Isle. It is a fantastic place to get Married. There are great houses around the Bouge Inlet Pier, if renting a house is your thing, and several hotels. Especially in April, the crowds will have not yet come, and the prices will still be low. Most of the businesses will have opened up again (St Patricks Day is the traditional opening for business).

Old 03-05-2008, 06:54 PM

73 posts, read 418,171 times
Come to OBX Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills etc....Think about an outdoor service on the top of Jockey's Ridge, with views of the ocean and bay. Then celebrate
at the Hilton.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 PM

450 posts, read 2,320,919 times
Pick your place in the Outer Banks based on other recs.

Or do what I'd do, and have a quiet ceremony on beautiful Sunset Beach.

What did I actually do? I went to South Carolina and got married on the banks of the Ashley River in Charleston, on a beautiful plantation (Magnolia). LOVED it. Would do it again. And again. But that is SC.

For NC I'd do a small ceremony on Sunset Beach. It's probably more popular to go North to the OBX though. I haven't been far north so can't recommend there.
But it would be beautiful to marry at sunset on Sunset Beach with a few attendant, barefoot....

Old 01-22-2010, 04:58 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,895,302 times
I think the above posts prove that there is no best. You have a myriad of places to choose from. Most of the NC Beaches look out on the same ocean, and are relatively underdeveloped so you're not going to have the backdrop of a million resorts and hotels you get in a place like Myrtle Beach.

SO rather than focus on a specific beach, start hunting around for that specific studio, wedding planner, or ocean front cottage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina