Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times

Advertisements

It is nice that once mid-October comes the out of state plates seem to diminish, especially the Floridas and Californias. Middle of summer and it seems like 20% of the cars are from out of state on the main highways causing even more traffic.

I know a few people who want to move to Florida in the near future. Pretty much the normal story, they see they can buy a bigger house in Orlando area for about half the price of Denver and they are sold. Has nothing to do with the weather, everything to do with economic perceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 11:32 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,198,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Go with Montana permanent plates if you can fit into the rules..

Nothing cheap about registering a vehicle in Colorado.
Nor should there be.

Every Texas plate (which seems to be the usual evasion route) driving around CO on a permanent basis is contributing to the road/traffic/pollution load without paying any equivalent amount for the privilege.

I find it hard to smirk and give a thumbs-up to such behavior or mindset.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
It is nice that once mid-October comes the out of state plates seem to diminish, especially the Floridas and Californias. Middle of summer and it seems like 20% of the cars are from out of state on the main highways causing even more traffic.

I know a few people who want to move to Florida in the near future. Pretty much the normal story, they see they can buy a bigger house in Orlando area for about half the price of Denver and they are sold. Has nothing to do with the weather, everything to do with economic perceptions.
No doubt the FL folks want to get out of their hot, humid, bug-ridden state in the summer; having been there in late May for a funeral I surely understand their reasoning.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:05 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Florida is one of the last places in the country I would want to live.
Weather here is currently beautiful. I biked in shorts yesterday and today.
Crystal clear blue skies 60s-70s, low humidity.
No bugs.
No old people lining up for early bird specials at 4 PM.
Couldn't be better here.
And hoping for some mountain snow and get my first ski day in within a couple of weeks (note - the mountains are very different than the Denver area).
Floridians are happy you're content. We wish more people felt that way. We love visitors, but please go back. I get depressed when I see NJ plates at my favorite watering hole in August. Whaa the hey?

Old 11-05-2021, 03:59 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Weather here is currently beautiful.
No old people lining up for early bird specials at 4 PM..
That is because they start at 1500 at my favorite place.
https://www.vogheraristorante.com

Old 11-05-2021, 05:17 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
Weather here is currently beautiful.
No old people lining up for early bird specials at 4 PM..
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
That is because they start at 1500 at my favorite place.
https://www.vogheraristorante.com
That's it - no early bird here for old folks, rather Happy Hour for all ages.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:38 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
No doubt the FL folks want to get out of their hot, humid, bug-ridden state in the summer; having been there in late May for a funeral I surely understand their reasoning.
My family went on vacation in central FL a few years back. We concentrated our efforts on activities away from all the major resorts and amusement parks. One common theme we found among a vast majority of locals we interacted with is they couldn't imagine ever living away from the heat and humidity. Hearing we were form CO, they almost all said there is no way they could ever live any place it snowed.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:58 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,198,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
My family went on vacation in central FL a few years back. We concentrated our efforts on activities away from all the major resorts and amusement parks. One common theme we found among a vast majority of locals we interacted with is they couldn't imagine ever living away from the heat and humidity. Hearing we were form CO, they almost all said there is no way they could ever live any place it snowed.
And for the indecisive, there's New England. Eight to ten feet of snow in winter, heat+humidity that makes Flawduh look comfortable all summer.

To speak of places I couldn't imagine living (again). Hey, it drove Lizzie Borden nuts.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:13 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Yep, grew up where it snowed, New England, and I would not move back for anything in the world but snow isn't the only reason. I love the beach and the best times are Fall and Spring after the snowbirds leave. I live on the Central East Coast of Florida. Little cooler here in the summer and actually no hotter than New England it just lasts longer. I also see very few early bird specials other than drinks. Florida has a good way of making sure you register your car here if you actually own a home here. In order to get the homestead exemption you have to have your cars registered as well as your voting changed.

Most people who come from out of state to visit go to Central Florida meaning Disney. It is dang hot there with no breeze.

Currently it is about 65 here. Cold

Old 11-06-2021, 01:06 PM

405 posts, read 394,639 times
Quote:
Florida is one of the last places in the country I would want to live.
Weather here is currently beautiful. I biked in shorts yesterday and today.
Crystal clear blue skies 60s-70s, low humidity.
No bugs.
No old people lining up for early bird specials at 4 PM.
Couldn't be better here.
And hoping for some mountain snow and get my first ski day in within a couple of weeks (note - the mountains are very different than the Denver area).
Where is here for you? Western slope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado