Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 09:23 AM

12,897 posts, read 18,751,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
South Main officially starts at Heyward and North Main officially starts at Sunset, but most people call NoMa the area north of Elmwood, as a general area so who's to say that SoMa couldn't start south of the State House. That area of Main is really integrated with the University and doesn't really have a name.
I drove up Main north of Elmwood the other day and one street sign that I noticed a few blocks up said N. Main, but then the street signs went back to saying Main. I think someone stuck the wrong sign up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM

The Oliver Gospel Mission has bought a property on Two Notch Road. Surely they aren't trying to establish a satellite location. Maybe it's going to be a job-training site or something similar.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,208 times
Default Satellite Site may make more sense/ I think they only have 50 beds

The exact amount has been published a few times but its not a lot so that'd be my guess, re Satellite site but if you're curious you could just call and ask.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
The exact amount has been published a few times but its not a lot so that'd be my guess, re Satellite site but if you're curious you could just call and ask.
Their website says that along with growth comes the need for expansion. They have a thrift store on Two Notch and the website mentions the need for a women's growth center. So it sounds like they're staying at Assembly and Taylor and expanding. I don't have a problem with it there. Never have.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:58 PM

What a nice setting in which to ponder what to do with one's money:

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 07-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Soda City Farmer's Market is a success.

Slug: Soda City Market - YouTube

Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Default I think the real question with Soda City is will they ever add a 2nd block?

I go quite regularly and eat breakfast there and once the sc&G building is finished being convereted into a giant student dorm I think there will be enough demand to justify a second block. Anybody know how much the vendors pay these days to put up temporary shop. I know it was just $25 buck a pop when Soda City started but I'm thinking now that vendor space is super tight they may have upped the rate. Anybody know? Also you guys agree it could benefit from a 2nd block once the dorm is complete.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I go quite regularly and eat breakfast there and once the sc&G building is finished being convereted into a giant student dorm I think there will be enough demand to justify a second block. Anybody know how much the vendors pay these days to put up temporary shop. I know it was just $25 buck a pop when Soda City started but I'm thinking now that vendor space is super tight they may have upped the rate. Anybody know? Also you guys agree it could benefit from a 2nd block once the dorm is complete.
I notice the block they're on is more packed out with tents than when they first started. For now the fact that they're open year-round makes up for taking up only one block to me, but I don't see why they won't spill over eventually.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
The Palmetto Center is not going to be a dorm, it will be apartments marketed to college students. USC doesn't have any involvement in the project.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Default even better / more disposable income (re private dorm)

@waccamatt that's even better then for Main street than I thought. The complex which will have a kickass pool, rooftop hangout and floor of pool tables/workout facilities will attract students with dough (or at least those willing to incur lots of credit card debt---there are lots of stats about how many college students spend more than folks with steady jobs because they're more immature about their finances so anyway this is great for soda city expanding as you're getting 800 potential new clients with dough to blow)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area