Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:44 AM

420 posts, read 804,888 times

Advertisements

I would recommend Victorian Village as a neighborhood to live in for you. I lived there my first year in Columbus and it seemed that half the guys in the neighborhood sported tight shorts and striped tank tops lol. My next door neighbors were a gay couple and on any walk to the park (Goodale Park) there were many, many obviously gay guys out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 06:20 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,940,725 times
Well I just want to live in a neighborhood that's quiet and not full of traffic or people walking around. I don't want it to feel urban or trendy or anything like that. I want QUIET!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 AM

18 posts, read 31,234 times
You probably don't want to live in the Short North, Vic Village, or Italian Village then. German Village, Grandview, Clintonville and maybe the western side of Harrison West would be quieter. Suburbs like Upper Arlington and Dublin would be even quieter.

FWIW, I lived in Dublin when I was in Columbus.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:08 PM

Today I had my first (of three companies) phone interview with a company in Cbus and it didn't really go that well. I mean, it went alright, but they intimidated me by saying, "in this role, you gotta roll up your sleeves and work Saturdays here and there and there are peaks of long hours until 7 or 8 pm, and you really gotta be able to handle the workload." I was like

But I have another phone interview tomorrow with another company, and another one on Wed with yet another company.

Omg...I'm going to be stuck in Fairfield County, CT forever.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:12 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

Omg...I'm going to be stuck in Fairfield County, CT forever.
Haha, no you won't. Think positive!

Old 05-18-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Haha, no you won't. Think positive!
Yeah well I don't think the first company will work out, because I told them that I was intimidated by the workload. But I still have interviews tomorrow and Wed with two other companies, so hopefully those will have good work/life balance.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 PM

In general, do people enjoy living in the Cbus area? Or is it one of those places with tons of Debbie downers who always talk about moving somewhere better (kind of like Cleveland people)?

Old 05-18-2015, 04:31 PM

420 posts, read 804,888 times
I moved here almost two years ago and think that Columbus is a great city. Nice people, low-stress place to live, and good weather ten months out of the year (January and February get old but the other ten months are nice). I had interviewed in Cleveland as well and found Cleveland to be the most depressing city I've ever been to. Completely the opposite of Columbus.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I moved here almost two years ago and think that Columbus is a great city. Nice people, low-stress place to live, and good weather ten months out of the year (January and February get old but the other ten months are nice). I had interviewed in Cleveland as well and found Cleveland to be the most depressing city I've ever been to. Completely the opposite of Columbus.
That's good to hear. I have a phone interview tomorrow with a company, and another one on Wed. God...I hope something works out.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
In general, do people enjoy living in the Cbus area? Or is it one of those places with tons of Debbie downers who always talk about moving somewhere better (kind of like Cleveland people)?
Nope....those downers you speak of live in the other cities in Ohio and usually end up moving to Columbus because it is more "happening". Of course, you're gonna have your people who want to live in New York or California (or strangely, Florida/Arizona), but Columbus has grown into the kind of place people want to move to not from (and the numbers back it up).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus