Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 07:42 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,940,725 times

Advertisements

My friend from Akron has influenced me by telling me that Cbus is better than Cle, simply because of the Short North, which he says is "amazing." Is it really that amazing? Is it geared only toward 20-somethings though? What about 30-somethings like me? Is it good for straight people, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:41 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,505 times
Nep...now you are on Columbus? We went through weeks of postings about you moving to CLE. This is the same deal. Everyone will reply and give you great advice, but you'll move onto another forum. Look back at CLE threads. I know you claim to be honest and all in your efforts, but the pattern speaks otherwise. People spent quality time giving you TONS of information. Why not just do this on your own, get that job and move, and then come to a forum and introduce yourself as a new member of a community? That would be awesome.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Nep...now you are on Columbus? We went through weeks of postings about you moving to CLE. This is the same deal. Everyone will reply and give you great advice, but you'll move onto another forum. Look back at CLE threads. I know you claim to be honest and all in your efforts, but the pattern speaks otherwise. People spent quality time giving you TONS of information. Why not just do this on your own, get that job and move, and then come to a forum and introduce yourself as a new member of a community? That would be awesome.
Like I said before, even if my threads end up exploding into 20+ pages or whatever, it doesn't mean that I have to MOVE there. It's an information gathering / learning process. I learned a LOT about CLE and the people were extremely helpful. I acknowledge that.

However, for some reason, I believe deep down inside that Cbus would be a better fit for me. So I've been pursuing opportunities there. So far, it resulted in three companies wanting to phone interview me. We'll see where it goes.

I'm hoping for the best.

Who knows...maybe in a few months, my location tag will be changed from "Fairfield County, CT" to "Columbus, OH!"

Old 05-19-2015, 10:10 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,051,721 times
Honestly, no matter where you move, I expect some kind of thread started on how much you don't like it and how everyone was wrong. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Honestly, no matter where you move, I expect some kind of thread started on how much you don't like it and how everyone was wrong. It shouldn't be this difficult.
Right, because every place is the same as Fairfield County, which I don't like.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:16 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
If people feel he is wasting their time, they don't have to respond to his questions...it's that simple.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
If people feel he is wasting their time, they don't have to respond to his questions...it's that simple.
That's what I've told everyone, time and again. It's a simple concept. There are NUMEROUS threads in these forums that I don't care about at all. I don't go into them and start criticizing the OP. Instead, I just ignore the threads. It's THAT simple!

With that said, today's phone interview went quite well! I look forward to the next steps. Tomorrow is another phone interview with another company!

Also....one thing to note, is that I have been talking on the phone with a handful of Cbus people over the past week or so (hiring managers, recruiters, etc.) and I don't really notice any accent when they speak. Honestly, they sound and talk just like me, from central Connecticut.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:04 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
Are you positive you might not reconsider cleveland? You did say you had a great time and met some cool people.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Are you positive you might not reconsider cleveland? You did say you had a great time and met some cool people.
Well put it this way...I'd probably rather live in CLE than where I live now, that's for sure. I liked the area overall, despite some widespread grittiness and horrible roads. And yeah, I have a friend in Akron and another one in CLE and another one in Willoughby. All of them are gay and nice guys.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:43 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
you should just find a nice condo in Lakewood where you could kind of be secluded in your own community with the pool indoor or outdoor. nothing like watching some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world or a nasty storm rolling in off the lake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus