Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 12:05 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,144,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Strange rebuttal considering Cincy is probably near the top of the list of U.S. cities that could be compared to a European city.
LOL

Maybe Palermo, Sicily, but nothing anybody is going to take pictures of to brag to their relatives about what they saw. Suburban Cincinnati (the newer areas) is okay. Cincinnati itself is a s*** hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 12:39 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Strange rebuttal considering Cincy is probably near the top of the list of U.S. cities that could be compared to a European city.
Also funny because Shaker Square in Clevleand was designed based off Dutch urban planning.

Old 12-18-2023, 01:44 PM
on3

498 posts, read 384,114 times
Congrats to the Crew. Maybe Ryan Day needs to meet with Wilfried Nancy and get some tips on what it takes to do what your hired to do....... which is WIN when it matters most.

And for OSU, it matters most to win when playing Michigan. That is what he is paid to do. No one gives a flying F about the games against the other teams. He is paid to beat Michigan.

No Ohio State coach since John Cooper in 1995-97 had lost three-consecutive games against Michigan. We brought this guy in to beat Michigan, not to lose to Michigan over and over again. Maybe he doesn't know the difference?

The BS stops NOW. It's time to WIN when it matters most.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:35 PM

204 posts, read 71,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
Cleveland and Cincinnati are both has-beens. They resent up and coming Columbus and anything positive having to do with it.
Objectively, I don't think the first sentence is true and I don't think you're helping. Cincinnati has definitely turned a positive corner, and I think Cleveland's worst days are behind it. There are certainly positives and negatives to be had in all 3-Cs, even if not everyone is willing to see them.

I do think there's a weird, almost obsessive hatred for Columbus on this forum, though. It's the only sub on the Ohio forums that gets so consistently bogged down with this nonsense.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:36 PM

204 posts, read 71,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
No actually, Im entertained at folks boosting columbus as if its world class. Its not.
Literally no one does that, though. Even the PerryMason guy doesn't say that. This is entirely a straw man that gets thrown around here just so people can use it as a launching point to bash the city.

Old 12-18-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech14 View Post
Literally no one does that, though. Even the PerryMason guy doesn't say that. This is entirely a straw man that gets thrown around here just so people can use it as a launching point to bash the city.
No I don't. What I say is that within its peer group, Columbus is easily among the top three or five metro areas. Its peer group is not Chicago, San francisco, Paris or Zurich. Its peer group is Nashville, Charlotte, Austin, Milwaukee and places like that. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Old 12-19-2023, 07:03 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech14 View Post
Granted, its leveled off quite a bit around here. Ive been posting here since 2012 and it most definately was common on the cbus thread for a while. So perhaps im living in the past...

Old 12-19-2023, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Granted, its leveled off quite a bit around here. Ive been posting here since 2012 and it most definately was common on the cbus thread for a while. So perhaps im living in the past...
Nobody wants to really talk about anything actually happening in Columbus, either for lack of content or lack of will, so it's just inevitable that other topics will dominate this forum.

Old 12-19-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Nobody wants to really talk about anything actually happening in Columbus, either for lack of content or lack of will, so it's just inevitable that other topics will dominate this forum.
Like so many exciting things are happening in Cincinnati and Cleveland and the entire world is mesmerized by their vibrancy? LOL

Old 12-19-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
Like so many exciting things are happening in Cincinnati and Cleveland and the entire world is mesmerized by their vibrancy? LOL
Well I wasn't really commenting on that, I was just saying objectively nobody really talks about much on this forum. I don't know why. It could be that there simply isn't much going on. But yes Columbus is by far the least vibrant major city in Ohio. I'd rank it just behind Akron tbh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus