Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:15 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times

Advertisements

I want to try out establishing a metro Columbus picture thread. I want to see if our posters might enjoy posting some of the sights they see in and around the area.

The pictures can be of Columbus neighborhoods or the surrounding area. Please post a link to the pictures, unless you actually took the picture yourself. If your own picture, you can post the image to the message.

Pictures can be of buildings, areas, events or development. Also, if anyone has historical pictures they think might be of interest these can be posted too.

Please keep the pictures appropriate to the forum, I reserve the right to delete inappropriate pictures and/or links.

Hopefully, this can turn into a very interesting thread providing images of the city and area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 05:29 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
great idea

Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 AM

138 posts, read 808,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I want to try out establishing a metro Columbus picture thread. I want to see if our posters might enjoy posting some of the sights they see in and around the area.

The pictures can be of Columbus neighborhoods or the surrounding area. Please post a link to the pictures, unless you actually took the picture yourself. If your own picture, you can post the image to the message.

Pictures can be of buildings, areas, events or development. Also, if anyone has historical pictures they think might be of interest these can be posted too.

Please keep the pictures appropriate to the forum, I reserve the right to delete inappropriate pictures and/or links.

Hopefully, this can turn into a very interesting thread providing images of the city and area.

Heres some pics I have took from the neighborhoods of the Short North, Linden, Milo, Mt. Vernon, Bottoms, Hilltop and Agler.

dedede69's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34853620@N08/show/ - broken link)

I hope to get the rest of the neighborhoods soon!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post
Heres some pics I have took from the neighborhoods of the Short North, Linden, Milo, Mt. Vernon, Bottoms, Hilltop and Agler.

dedede69's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34853620@N08/show/ - broken link)

Very interesting shots...

Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post

Im assuming your just focusing on the blight of the areas?

Good pictures anyways, I feel that Ive seen a few of those places.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post

I was assuming the same thing. Short North is a very attractive area. Either way, very interesting shots.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post

Uh no, these are just the areas i'm mostly in.

I hope to take some pics. of Victorian Village and Germen Village this weekend!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 PM

179 posts, read 594,651 times
Either you're a cop or you work for ACORN.

It's funny how you can tell the neighborhood by the style of the houses, even in their dilapidated states. Actually it's sad, even the grafitti is uninspired.
That skyline shot at the end is really great though.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:30 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,670,134 times
Quote:
That was kind of an uncalled for statement. Oh well. I do agree, these shots show some of the most dilapidated areas of the city. However, I have been in most of those areas and they have streets that will look like this and then many fixed up or decent homes. It seems as though you focused on the blight of the near east side?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWord View Post

It's funny how you can tell the neighborhood by the style of the houses, even in their dilapidated states. Actually it's sad, even the grafitti is uninspired.
That skyline shot at the end is really great though.

Well a ghetto is a dirty crime filled area!!

To me a ghetto is more pretty then any newly built part of a city. Its the place that started it all and its where we get our roots.

These pics are nothing compared to what it really looks like. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 01-30-2009 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: don't get carried away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus