Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 AM

174 posts, read 697,895 times

Advertisements

mid sized-large sized cities

and East Cleveland, East St.Louis and even Camden aren't really real cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 05:08 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post
Hey look your focusing only on the bad side!!! I thought only I did.

Theres a west Cleveland last time I checked.....
East Cleveland is a seperate city......wow, and The westside of Cleveland isnt all nice, Cleveland doesnt have a "nice" side of town. Half the westside of Cleveland is considered "the hood" or "the ghetto" also. Even in west park theres a ghetto. You obviously dont know much about Cleveland.

Columbus isnt as ghetto as you want it to be, and Cleveland isnt as nice as you want it to be. I stayed on topic, and now you need to also.

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 02-16-2009 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,670,426 times
Columbus' central city or older neighborhood street car suburbs from the pre and post WWII era have many ravines.

While there may be a lack of large mountains there are hills, green forest, and great parks. Many who live in the cities sprawling west and east side suburbs fail to realize that Columbus has such urban treasures as these wooded urban neighborhoods.

An example is Iuka Ravine The area is literally just north of downtown columbus and the NE of the Ohio State University. Some know the area as "north Campus" but the neighborhood is really a subset of north campus.

This beautiful ravine is in the central city but looks like a peaceful little village. The center of the ravine is a public park "Iuka Park." The neighborhood is a mix of students, fraternaties, apartments, and home owners (couples, older couples, gay couples, and singles.)

This is why Columbus is so great, gem of neighborhoods like these lye just a block from busy urban streets like High St.

The areas of the metro that have this unique ravine like layout are the northern/central section of Columbus (just north of downtown) to the NW side of the city and metro. This includes Columbus neighborhoods like North Campus (where Iuka Ravine is), Clintonville, and other parts of NW Columbus. Also, parts of the suburbs of Worthington, Delaware, and Powell have these ravine and hill geography.

IUKA RAVINE

Here is the location of the neighborhood just minutes from downtown and in the central city, northern/core.

iuka ravine columbus, oh - Google Maps

Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
Wow streetcreed, I had forgotten about Ikua Ave. It certainly was a remarkable place, especially considering where it was located relative to the core of the city.

Thinking back a couple of years, Columbus had a few ravine streets that really surprised you considering how flat the general area is. Ikua Ave was certainly one of those streets, along with Cliffside Drive/Parkview Drive just north of E Arcadia at Indianola, and Wahalla Rd, which runs between Indianola and High just to the north of E Weber Rd.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 AM

4 posts, read 22,434 times
Default Edgy / distressing pictures

Wow, I hope your lens manages to find some beauty and joy the next time around. You paint a grim picture with these that is both brutally honest but at the same time not the whole truth about these neighborhoods. Interesting though. Some cool shots, they really get you... and very, what is the word, moody? Atmospheric? Damp maybe...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post
Heres some pics I have took from the neighborhoods of the Short North, Linden, Milo, Mt. Vernon, Bottoms, Hilltop and Agler.

dedede69's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34853620@N08/show/ - broken link)

I hope to get the rest of the neighborhoods soon!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:19 PM

22 posts, read 75,373 times
Just a reminder that spring is almost here!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:32 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,105 times
Columbus looks good any time of the year.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 PM

78 posts, read 325,317 times
I took a trip down south to Columbus and checked out Short North, downtown, and German Village resulting in a five part tour, enjoy!

Columbus
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew0816 View Post
I took a trip down south to Columbus and checked out Short North, downtown, and German Village resulting in a five part tour, enjoy!

Columbus
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Whew, very extensive and sure gives a good view of a few areas. When you move out west, you really notice how much brick is used for construction in the midwest. They use very little of it out here in CA.

In part 3, where did you see the rooftop pool?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:58 PM

78 posts, read 325,317 times
I think it is the Renaissance Hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus