Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:30 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphooid View Post
Have a friend looking at an apartment for us few blocks east of campus, Woodruff/Iuka (just west of Indianola, I think, by the Presbyterian church). Is this area safe? The few people we asked in the area seemed to think so, but we are females and really concerned about safety. This is last minute, unexpectedly, so our apt. options are limited. We have some evening classes and are worried about walking back. Any insight appreciated.
I think it's pretty safe, as long as you're north of 15th st and West of Indianola you should be relatively okay, otherwise you start meandering into the gray area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockindabuildin View Post

Please. I mentioned those areas in relation to the attitudes of police there, not the crime that exists in those areas. In terms of crime yes, they are very safe areas. The police in those areas tend to be jerks. Big difference.
Maybe that's why they are so safe and nice to live in. The police send a message.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 PM

23 posts, read 59,515 times
Default Suuuure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscrilla View Post
Powell is scary!!!! Dublin too, watch out.
You're joking right?

Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM

23 posts, read 59,515 times
Default Let me rephrase my comment

This city sucks when you have no money!!! (I don't have any today)

Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM

13 posts, read 43,931 times
Clintonville is not that bad at all, it's actually considered an up and coming area in columbus for people in their 20s and 30s. I would say The bottoms is probably the most dangerous, followed by the hilltop, and parsons ave. and area around children's hospital is pretty shady. Columbus overall is actually a fairly dangerous city. Almost double the homicide rate per capita as New York City, that was a few years ago, not sure what it is today. I would assume close to the same, there was a lot of homicides and violent crimes this summer.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,670,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphooid View Post
Have a friend looking at an apartment for us few blocks east of campus, Woodruff/Iuka (just west of Indianola, I think, by the Presbyterian church). Is this area safe? The few people we asked in the area seemed to think so, but we are females and really concerned about safety. This is last minute, unexpectedly, so our apt. options are limited. We have some evening classes and are worried about walking back. Any insight appreciated.

It is safe. As in any area in a city, or even most suburbs these days, you want to be careful if walking alone at night (especially being a female.) But statistically speaking crime is not high in that area and it is one of the safer areas of the university district neighborhoods.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 AM

111 posts, read 405,542 times
Milo-Grogan, Weinland Park, the near east side around University East (might be part of King Lincoln, but I don't think so...), driving park (closer to children's, although there is newer construction going in...), and the bottoms...

Uzi alley/Woodland meadows back in the day =P Although I still don't think that area around Linden is AS terrible anymore lol...heck, with Project one, that whole area on the near east side is gonna be rehabbed...getting rid of the projects, it might make it a little nicer to live in

Last edited by cbusgal614; 11-08-2010 at 11:18 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM

111 posts, read 405,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
It is safe. As in any area in a city, or even most suburbs these days, you want to be careful if walking alone at night (especially being a female.) But statistically speaking crime is not high in that area and it is one of the safer areas of the university district neighborhoods.
I agree, it's perfectly safe as long as you are reasonable self-aware and don't walk alone at night...I have friends that live nearby and I've never felt afraid...

Old 11-08-2010, 05:54 PM

3 posts, read 7,251 times
I'm a single woman looking for areas that are safe at night and not to pricey. Also,that is close to stores and shopping centers. Please help!!!!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:24 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
I normally tell people new to the area and vistors to stay away from Upper Arlington, Marble Cliff and Worthington unless they want to be a victim of violent crime.

Hilltop, the Bottoms and Livingston between High and 70 are much safer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus