Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.floridian View Post
I'm a single woman looking for areas that are safe at night and not to pricey. Also,that is close to stores and shopping centers. Please help!!!!
Westerville, Dublin, Grove City, Worthington. Westerville and G.C. are cheaper. G.C. is a little further out from Columbus.

Hillard or Gahanna would work also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 AM

183 posts, read 633,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I normally tell people new to the area and vistors to stay away from Upper Arlington, Marble Cliff and Worthington unless they want to be a victim of violent crime.

Hilltop, the Bottoms and Livingston between High and 70 are much safer.
Mz. Floridian, don't take this person's advice. I don't know if they are just trying to be funny, or sarcastic, or what, but I have a list of places that are around Columbus in another thread that I think you posted in and it lists all of the places that are more affordable and the pricier areas and their location in regards to the actual city of Columbus.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 PM

68 posts, read 178,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Maybe that's why they are so safe and nice to live in. The police send a message.
If pulling people over for going through yellow lights, or going 40 mph in a 35 mph zone is sending a message.... Those places are safe because they are upper class suburbs. The cops aren't trying to send a message, they are bored because there is virtually no real crime there and they have far more money to spare than the city cops who desperately need it.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:17 AM

23 posts, read 59,515 times
This message was a joke on someone because it should be flipped around. This person is lying! Those are the worst spots to be!!! Whoever made this message is a jerk. Upper Arlington and Worthington are where the rich people live around here and I've never heard of Marble Cliff but I'm sure that it's a good area too. What an *****. No where on Livingston is good,it can be okay but I used to live off Livingston and I didn't like it. WTF. High and 70 is where the Ghetto is and people get shot around there all the time!!!! There is all kinds of crap and drugs going on and boarded up crap houses. The Hilltop is awful and the bottoms also. Don't listen to this guy anymore everybody, he clearly does not have your best interest in mind!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christysullivan27 View Post
This message was a joke on someone because it should be flipped around. This person is lying! Those are the worst spots to be!!! Whoever made this message is a jerk. Upper Arlington and Worthington are where the rich people live around here and I've never heard of Marble Cliff but I'm sure that it's a good area too. What an *****. No where on Livingston is good,it can be okay but I used to live off Livingston and I didn't like it. WTF. High and 70 is where the Ghetto is and people get shot around there all the time!!!! There is all kinds of crap and drugs going on and boarded up crap houses. The Hilltop is awful and the bottoms also. Don't listen to this guy anymore everybody, he clearly does not have your best interest in mind!!!
You can't tell when someone is joking?

Marble Cliff is an area just south Upper Arlington. Only 800 or so people live there. It's one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country. The average house there probably runs about $500,000. George W. Bush's grandfather owned a house there.

In the 1800s Marble Cliff was called Arlington. Hence the name Upper Arlington.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:14 PM

4 posts, read 11,320 times
I'm looking for apartments in Columbus and I'm wondering which ones are in the safest areas. I've also got a kid. Any help would be awesome. Just two of the apartments are Cornerstone Crossing on Lake Club St and Essington Village on Tamarack Cir. E. If anyone has suggestions on apartments it would be great. Looking for a one bedroom. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiandreams View Post
I'm looking for apartments in Columbus and I'm wondering which ones are in the safest areas. I've also got a kid. Any help would be awesome. Just two of the apartments are Cornerstone Crossing on Lake Club St and Essington Village on Tamarack Cir. E. If anyone has suggestions on apartments it would be great. Looking for a one bedroom. Thanks.
Essington was a good place. But the crime in that area has gone up. Lots of property crime around there. Don't know Lake Club St.

You might want to look at Westerville or Gahanna.

Tuttle Crossing Apartments in Westerville are nice. Any apartment in that area are fine.

If your are going to look in N.E. East Columbus you should probably stay north of Shrock Road.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:57 PM

392 posts, read 1,067,936 times
The Hilltop isn't that great. Anywhere along West Broad or Sullivant (from the Bottoms all the way up to Georgesville) is probably better off avoided, in my opinion. It is not uncommon for one to get that "Holy crap, am I in Detroit/Cincinnati/Buffalo?" feeling when driving down Safford Avenue, or Richardson, or Burgess.

Speaking of the Bottoms, it's probably the best neighborhood in Columbus. That is, if you like 'tutes and drugs.

I would also throw my "NO" vote in for just about anywhere in the South End or out east.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:50 PM

111 posts, read 405,542 times
Quote:
You can't tell when someone is joking?

Marble Cliff is an area just south Upper Arlington. Only 800 or so people live there. It's one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country. The average house there probably runs about $500,000. George W. Bush's grandfather owned a house there.

In the 1800s Marble Cliff was called Arlington. Hence the name Upper Arlington.
I rented in Marble Cliff for a year, it was pretty nice, but there's plenty of shady people renting around there...I'm pretty sure those statistics didn't include us renters lol

Old 11-22-2010, 01:10 PM

4 posts, read 11,320 times
Quote:
Essington was a good place. But the crime in that area has gone up. Lots of property crime around there. Don't know Lake Club St.

You might want to look at Westerville or Gahanna.

Tuttle Crossing Apartments in Westerville are nice. Any apartment in that area are fine.

If your are going to look in N.E. East Columbus you should probably stay north of Shrock Road.
Thanks that was quite helpful I will look into Westerville and Gahanna area and Tuttle Crossing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus