Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:06 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
An Islamic crusade? It could be a possibility. I see the parallels too.
i think its pretty obvious that if the islamic world had the ability to, they would run over every non-islamic country and convert or kill everybody. fortunately, they dont have that ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i think its pretty obvious that if the islamic world had the ability to, they would run over every non-islamic country and convert or kill everybody. fortunately, they dont have that ability.
There is no such entity as "the Islamic world."

Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There is no such entity as "the Islamic world."
is there a religion called islam? does it have followers? all of them combined (and all of their individual sects and groupings) make up "the islamic world."

Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
is there a religion called islam? does it have followers? all of them combined (and all of their individual sects and groupings) make up "the islamic world."
"The Islamic world" per your definition does not have a leader or an armed force, for starters.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
"The Islamic world" per your definition does not have a leader or an armed force, for starters.
the islamic world has many leaders and armed forces.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
the islamic world has many leaders and armed forces.
That's like saying the "redheaded world" or the "lefthanded world" has this or that...now run along, son, and peddle your fantasies elsewhere.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
That's like saying the "redheaded world" or the "lefthanded world" has this or that...now run along, son, and peddle your fantasies elsewhere.
its impressive to see someone who is so unaware of his intellectual shortcomings. your silly questions reminded me of a college student, high on marijuana arguing just for the sake of arguing. if you wish to deny that a muslim country as powerful as america or a group of muslim entities wouldnt attempt to convert or kill all non-muslims if possible; thats your own ignorant and low information opinion. it doesnt stand up to what is going on in the world.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
its impressive to see someone who is so unaware of his intellectual shortcomings. your silly questions reminded me of a college student, high on marijuana arguing just for the sake of arguing.
I haven't asked any questions in this thread. I have made statements of fact to counter your 'clash of civilizations' mental-masturbatory fantasyland.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I haven't asked any questions in this thread. I have made statements of fact to counter your 'clash of civilizations' mental-masturbatory fantasyland.
your "statements of fact" were not relevant. i never suggested a single country named "islamc world" with its own military would take over the world.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:16 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
maybe if we become energy independent, like it says in all the articles im reading, we will be able to just ignore anything going on over there.
The United States is the largest energy producer in the world.

The fact is the demand for oil is world wide and steadily growing. Oil is a commodity, and who ever offers the most for a barrel gets the barrel. Simple as that.

We are as independent now as we will ever be in the future, as national energy independence is a thing of the past, at least when it comes to the price of oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events