Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
There's conflicting reports about a suspect. CBS News just said no suspects are in custody, while the Post says otherwise. I wish they'd get their facts straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Im sorry but did I miss something ? americans ? how do you know it was americans that did this horrible thing ? get the facts before you assume something not in evidence thanks .
Yes, you missed something. No where at no time do I state that Americans have anything to do with today's events. I was asking the poster whom I quoted what he meant. He clarified. You are reading something that isn't there.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
All sorts of stories are being fabricated. I will wait for the dust to settle before digesting the info presented in the media.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
She wasn't assuming that it was an American, she was replying to something that I had posted.
Yes, and thanks for the explanation. You still screwed up with that apostrophe, though. NO apostrophe needed for a plural! This is driving me NUTS that people seem infected with some kind of bizarre apostrophe disease over the past couple of years...but not important today.
I'll get you another time! ; )

Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, and thanks for the explanation. You still screwed up with that apostrophe, though. NO apostrophe needed for a plural! This is driving me NUTS that people seem infected with some kind of bizarre apostrophe disease over the past couple of years...but not important today.
I'll get you another time! ; )
Your an great english teacher!

Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Patton Oswalt Facebook status.

Boston. ****ing... | Facebook
Spoiler
Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Heh, great rant by Patton. There's no sense in living in fear, just continue living life to the fullest.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,192,447 times
Per CNN, one of the two dead is an 8-year-old boy. Horrible and senseless tragedy.

Last edited by smpliving; 04-15-2013 at 05:59 PM..

Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM

560 posts, read 1,129,864 times
they trying to say on drudge a "saudi" suspect in custody, right...

Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
I remember when President Clinton said in a news conference after the OK City bombing something about a Moslem or Arab terrorist. We need to wait for more info. It might have been a Muslim extremist or it might have been some other terrorist.

Also, remember the brouhaha about white supremacists' suspected killing of the DAs in TX? The chief suspect turns out to be totally different. (Only a suspect, though. We don't know if there is evidence to put him on trial. Although he is being held.)

Since one of the bombs did not go off, I expect there will be some evidence that points in one direction or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events