Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:03 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,333,358 times

Advertisements

January 27: no walking at all. A day of rest after doing 5 miles the previous day.

January 28: hit the gym and decided to try and do the high incline like the guy I saw at the gym earlier in the week. Boy howdy I was wiped out after only 1.5 miles at a 6 incline. I don't know HOW that guy did it at 10 for 3.2 miles!! After 1.5 miles my calves were screaming. I quickly stopped and called it a day. Inclines are NOT for me (right now).

January 29: to make up for the paltry distance the prior evening, I opted to go for 6 miles. Mission accomplished - I went 6.15 miles that evening. It was a GREAT walk and I look forward to hitting 7 miles by this weekend.

January 30-31: didn't walk. Took the kids to the mountains for the day on January 30, and took the kids to the movies on January 31.

Total mileage for January: 50.72 miles over the course of 14 activities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 05:56 AM

Well, February has started off really well, I must say!

February 1: no walk at all - I worked late AND had to take my son to an event that evening.

February 2: 4.3 miles on the treadmill at the gym due to rain in the area. I opted to do the "hill" workout at level 4, and worked up a nice sweat. I did an hour and then reset it and did another 20 minutes. The highest incline went to about 3.2, so it wasn't overwhelming, but I quite liked the incline changes throughout the workout.

February 3: at the gym again because of rain, doing 3.2 miles on the treadmill and 3.2 miles on a stationary bike. The bike was my husband's idea. I told him I only wanted to do an hour on the treadmill, and he recommended the bike, which is something he does at the gym every night. What a waste of time that was. After 20 minutes, going 3.2 miles, I was bored out of my mind and my heartrate never went above 120 no matter how aggressive I was. I quickly decided that I would never do the stationary bike again.

February 4: hit the gym right after work instead of going home first. I knew I had to pick up my daughter from an after-school activity, so a long walk outside wouldn't work. I knew I had to be "short and quick" - so I hit up the hill option on the treadmill and did 5.3 miles in 1 hr 40 minutes. This time I went to a level 6 - which was perfect. I'm still not a fan of the treadmill in general, but from now on when I go to the gym, I'm definitely going to stick with doing the hill program and using any of the levels above 4.

Tonight I have nothing on my calendar after work, and hope to get home at a reasonable enough time that I can go for a walk outdoors. My goal is to hit 7 miles in a walk tomorrow, so I'm going to go for 6.5 miles tonight. But all in all, I'm pleased with my mileage so far this week.

Total miles for February: 12.8 miles walking, 3.2 miles stationary cycling

Old 02-08-2016, 06:24 AM

February 5: did 3.7 miles on the treadmill at the gym, once again doing the hill option. I decided not to do six miles because I didn't want to push it and not be able to reach my goal the following day.

February 6: this was the "big day" and I had no problems! I did 7.05 miles in gorgeous (sunny but cool) weather, and really enjoyed the walk. I felt quite accomplished when I got home.

February 7: knowing I'd be eating a lot of food during the Super Bowl, as much as I wanted to lounge and not walk, I did go to the gym and did 3.2 miles on the treadmill. My shins were having a bit of pain from the long walk the day before, so I did not do the hill option, deciding instead to just leave it at incline 1 and a 3.2 mph speed.

Today is my day of rest since I walked six days in a row. But I'm quite pleased that we're only a week into February and I've already walked 1/2 the distance I walked in all of January!

Total miles for February: 26.74 miles walking, 3.2 miles stationary cycling

Old 02-16-2016, 06:14 AM

Did you think I gave up? Nope! I was on vacation for part of last week and only got back last night!

Do you think I didn't walk while on vacation? Nope! I hit the hotel gym a couple times while on vacation!

February 8-10: I didn't work out due to scheduling issues and spending the evening packing for our vacation.

February 11: walked 2.5 miles around the area where our hotel was. It was late at night, so I didn't go too far since I wasn't familiar with the area

February 12: hit the hotel gym for 3.3 miles on the treadmill.

February 13: hit the hotel gym again for another 3.2 miles on the treadmill.

February 14: I was going to go to the hotel gym again, but we slept in and I ran out of time in the morning. Then I was going to go that evening, but the dinner we had was so heavy that I knew I'd have some serious cramps if I went to the gym. So instead I contented myself with watching my kids play in the hotel pool for a couple hours.

February 15: long, long travel day coming back home.

I plan on hitting the gym tonight after work, but then I'm going to bed. Yesterday we spent 12 hours traveling back home (plane and car) and I'm exhausted. So once I go to the gym I'm going to bed and not surfacing until tomorrow. I was so tired that I didn't hear the alarm this morning, and that NEVER happens.

Total miles for February: 35.96 miles walking, 3.2 miles stationary cycling

Old 02-16-2016, 06:48 AM

7,345 posts, read 6,977,280 times
Extraordinary,
Keep up the good work.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 AM

What's truly extraordinary is that I lost 1.4 pounds this past week - despite being on vacation! I was really diligent to track my calories and did not eat back my exercise calories. My goal for the vacation was to at least not show a GAIN come weigh-in day (which is Mondays). I got home at midnight last night, so I waited to weigh-in this morning and imagine my surprise when it showed I was down 1.4 for the week! I was elated!

Old 02-16-2016, 11:17 AM

7,530 posts, read 4,776,559 times
Wow awesome!

Old 02-22-2016, 05:29 AM

February 16-21: no exercise at all. Fatigue from the trip, followed by illness, hit me like a mack truck. I was out of commission the entire week.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:42 AM

Aaaannnnndddd we're back!

February 22: No walk since I worked late and didn't get home until after 9 p.m. LONG day.

February 23: I did plan on going for a walk, but it just never happened. My tween daughter had a rough day, and I opted to hang out with her for the evening.

February 24: The weather all day had been crazy (rain, hail, wind) so I was worried I'd have to go to the gym (which I didn't want to do), but by the time I got home, we had big fluffy white clouds in the bright blue sky, so I quickly changed clothes and headed out. I had a nice long 5.65 mile walk.

Tonight I'll go out for another walk, hopefully at least 4 miles. Same for tomorrow. Then Saturday I am planning a big walk - at least 8 miles. The good news is the weather looks like it is going to be fabulous for the next 5 days or so, so I should be able to get out and do a few miles on Sunday afternoon and Monday night as well. Looks like I'll easily be able to surpass January's mileage total of 50.72 miles!

Total miles for February: 41.61 miles walking, 3.2 miles stationary cycling

Old 02-29-2016, 06:19 AM

February 25: No walk. My son had a sporting event that went longer than anticipated, and by the time we got home we had to tackle dinner and homework.

February 26: A short 3.37 miles (never thought I'd consider a 5K to be "short").

February 27: This was the big day - the goal being 8 miles. I ended up right on target, at 8.04 miles as my end total for the day. It was a great walk - the weather was gorgeous and while it started off very cold (27* when I left the house), it was in the mid-40s by the time I got back home 2-1/2 hours later and felt positively balmy. *lol*

February 28: I wasn't intending to walk, but I was able to talk my son into going out with me, so we hit the road and did 5.73 miles. It was a lot of fun talking with him and hearing him talk about his life in school, with his friends, and stuff he's interested in. He's 11 years old, so I know those days of good, long conversation may come to and end soon, so I cherished every moment of it.

My calendar is open tonight, so I plan on walking another 5K, although it may be a slow one because I've got a very minor case of shin splints going today. Not so painful I can't tackle a slow 5K though.

The best part, though? I have officially walked more in February than I did in January -and that is with two less days in the month and one more walk planned for February!

Total miles for February: 58.75 miles walking, 3.2 miles stationary cycling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals