Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 06:51 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,333,951 times

Advertisements

I had my martial arts belt test last night and did well. I didn't forget my form, I broke my board, and I knew all my terms in both languages. Very pleased!

Now it's back to the gym until fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 11:43 AM

It's been a month - did you think I disappeared? I did. I went on vacation and came back and found I had lost ALL motivation AGAIN.

It's a real struggle of mine - and is usually the reason I end up giving up and going back to bad habits. You'd think "getting in shape" and "losing weight" would be the only two motivations I need, but apparently they aren't good enough sometimes.

But as of yesterday I'm back to tracking all my foods, and I hope to go to get back into my workouts as well.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:11 AM

I'm back (sort of).

I haven't updated in almost 2 months. I've been incredibly busy at work and, frankly, my health went on the backburner during that time.

But that didn't stop me from doing a big race this past weekend. It was a 24-hour ultra run. I did not run - I walked. I also did not walk all 24 hours. I showed up and started around 9:30 a.m. and finished around 4:30 p.m. before heading home. All my walking earlier in the year was to help me be able to go more than the 15 miles I went last year.

Sure enough, I was able to go just over 17 miles before my feet and hips decided I was done. But the thing I was most happy about was my recovery time - last year it took me many, many days to recover - I was sore for at least a week. But this time around, other than the shin splints on the second day after the race, I never really had any negative effects from such a long walk. And even now the shin splints are gone entirely.

The other good news is that the weather is starting to cool down in my area. Once we reach the lower 80s on a regular basis I'll head back outside to start up my walking regime again. I can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals