Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 08:36 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,314,963 times

Advertisements

The CoQ10 is 200mg. I hope I'm always near a Walgreens where it's always BOGO free on supplements. I'm planning to take 200mg/day.

The stress of relocating across the country with just the dogs is a stressor. I'm hoping to have thedetails ironed pout soon.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:24 AM

I am kind of low energy. Might be how I'm coping with stress. After the 4th I worked the 5th and was super sleepy. Glad I could leave work early. Then the past couple of days I've been reading and dozing off and on. A luxury that I enjoy but not typical for me.
I read on the CoQ10 bottle that depletion effects energy.
I probably need to be more active....right after this morning nap...yawn

Old 07-08-2018, 12:21 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,123,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
My roommate, who ....drinks regularly...
Quote:

The roommate always wakes up complaining of a headache. ...

It's called a hang-over.

If Excedrin cures your headache, it's not a migraine. As Freud said, "Some times a cigar is just a cigar."

BTW- FDA regs require ANY complaint registered by a subject during follow-up while involved in a drug study must be listed as a "side effect." That's why every drug has side effects of headache, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion,fever etc.. all the common complaints people get from time to time. What really counts is whether a complaint occurs more frequently with the drug vs placebo, and that's not usually mentioned in the package insert. Migraine is not a common complaint for statins....more likely your headache is caused by neck muscle involvement due to statins.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:15 PM

Unfortunately I'm all to familiar with headaches including migraines. Caught in time, Excedrin Migraine is quite effective FOR ME. I'm not an expert in the pain of others.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM

I've noticed my reading glasses have felt a little too tight. Then I read about the headaches are sometimes located on the sides of the head.
Generally all is well. I feel like my energy level is coming back. I think doctors should recommend the CoQ10 supplement when they put people on statins.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:38 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
I've noticed my reading glasses have felt a little too tight. Then I read about the headaches are sometimes located on the sides of the head.
Generally all is well. I feel like my energy level is coming back. I think doctors should recommend the CoQ10 supplement when they put people on statins.
So they don't? What a shame. They are just not trained and don't seem to be open to help counter what the drugs they give out are doing to our bodies.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So they don't? What a shame. They are just not trained and don't seem to be open to help counter what the drugs they give out are doing to our bodies.
Agreed. And if you look at some of the supplement labels they specify statin users having depleted levels.

Anyway it seems to be one thing you guys agree on.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 AM

4 posts, read 2,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Unfortunately many don't. I do think awareness is growing though. Especially those in primary care who have patients telling them that they took CoQ10 to help with statin-caused muscle pain and saw an improvement. This prompts the doctor to look into CoQ10 and then recommend it. I don't think it's being taught in conventional medical schools...yet.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcInTheCity View Post
Unfortunately many don't. I do think awareness is growing though. Especially those in primary care who have patients telling them that they took CoQ10 to help with statin-caused muscle pain and saw an improvement. This prompts the doctor to look into CoQ10 and then recommend it. I don't think it's being taught in conventional medical schools...yet.
Just like when the prescribe all the abx drugs, I wonder if they have their patients taking probiotics to restore and balance their systems. Probably not, but there are millions of doctors...so who knows.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:59 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcInTheCity View Post
It was "conventional" science that discovered enzyme CoQ10. The 1978 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded for research on it.

The difference between "conventional" medicine and "alternative" medicine is that "conventional" medicine requires objective evidence that a product produces the effect that it is being used for. That means studies (more than one) that reproducibly show benefit. The effect also has to be biologically plausible. The benefit of CoQ10 for statin users is biologically plausible. Thus far studies attempting to prove it helps have not unequivocally shown that it does.

Anecdotal stories from patients may offer clues to benefit but cannot prove it. You would have to know how many patients took it and found it did not help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals