Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 07:47 AM

6 posts, read 38,420 times

Advertisements

We did a fabulous trip for our honeymoon that included China, Thailand, Italy, France, Holland and a stop in California that started off our trip west around the globe. Although Rome and the ancient ruins and stuff was marvelous to see, China stole our hearts. Beijing was marvelous and we can't wait to one day go back and see it all again.

It was thrilling to see the site of the future Olympic Stadium (still only about 1/4 built) and all the new roads and hotels and such they were building).

What's the most exotic place the rest of the crew here has visited? Tell me about it... please...

Donna

Old 12-15-2007, 08:17 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by one6ylady View Post
We did a fabulous trip for our honeymoon that included China, Thailand, Italy, France, Holland and a stop in California that started off our trip west around the globe. Although Rome and the ancient ruins and stuff was marvelous to see, China stole our hearts. Beijing was marvelous and we can't wait to one day go back and see it all again.

Donna
Hi Donna,
China is one place that is certainly intriguing. I would love to visit Asia but right now it is a matter of money. Just can't at this moment.
We visited Europe 8 years ago and you can have England and France but Italy was our favorite. However, we did not see enough the first time since we were on a tour of 14 days and 10 cities. So you can imagine the amount of time we spent in each city.
I chalk that tour up to a big explore. If we hadn't went back to italy, the next idea we had was Budapest and Prague.
There are so many places I want to see before I die and now it all seems almost impossible. But one dollar at a time and one country at a time.
I also have a yearning desire to visit Alaska and parts of the states we haven't seeen.
Oh and South america and the poles. In the meantime, I love hearing of those places then I dream.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one6ylady View Post

It
Donna
BTW........when did you take this trip? Sounds recent.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:20 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Changing plans!

Well folks, it looks like we might not be available our holidays in Delaware after all. Plans have changed and it's possible that we might not be able to make it at the end of the month. If we can, we might not know it until the actual travel day.

Because of our current uncertainly, I would recommend we postpone our plans for "Where Pigs Fly" for this trip. Naturally, if you folks want to go without us, please do. It's still a great meal!

I'm very sorry for the sudden change. This seems to be a month of sudden changes ... and most of them have not been welcome. I'm also very sorry that I won't get to see Elizamary again and meet many of the rest of you. Those might be the biggest disappointments of all.

Charley

Old 12-16-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Changing plans!

Well folks, it looks like we might not be available our holidays in Delaware after all. Plans have changed and it's possible that we might not be able to make it at the end of the month. If we can, we might not know it until the actual travel day.

Because of our current uncertainly, I would recommend we postpone our plans for "Where Pigs Fly" for this trip. Naturally, if you folks want to go without us, please do. It's still a great meal!

I'm very sorry for the sudden change. This seems to be a month of sudden changes ... and most of them have not been welcome. I'm also very sorry that I won't get to see Elizamary again and meet many of the rest of you. Those might be the biggest disappointments of all.

Charley
Hi Charley..........That is a shame it has been a month of changes. I think there were some problems in Nov too.
Sorry to hear all this But you will be down again and we will still be here. If you happen to come on travel day let me know even at the last minute and I can do a round up.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM

699 posts, read 2,894,297 times
Hi Charley,
That's a shame , hope all is well with you and that 2008 brings you peace, health and happiness. Happy Holidays !!!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:01 AM

903 posts, read 3,504,761 times
Charley,

Sorry to hear about all your recent troubles; I am still catching up on reading as I had to switch out computers during all the holiday "hec-tivity" as I like to call it!

Just FYI... "Where Pigs Fly" does a great job about accomodating a group at the last minute... either for lunch or dinner. So as elizamary said, do post even if you are traveling "last minute"... I believe most of the locals will be in town toward the end of the month and may be available for a meet up. Obviously, you and the bride will still have to eat if you make it in town!

Just found out recently my neighbor's daughter goes to school with the owner's child... so I can pull a weak string or two if we need to in order to get a group setting. Just say the word and I'll hop on it!

I know it pales in comparison, but today will be a sad one for me... its my only daughter's 17th birthday and she's far away in NC. Its just not the same to talk on the phone, and too un-natural for me to be doing this with her! My oldest will be 21 in August, but with his marching in the drum corps, he's been away from home on his b-day since he turned 16.

Take care all, and have a great day!

Mary

Old 12-17-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Charley,

Sorry to hear about all your recent troubles; I am still catching up on reading as I had to switch out computers during all the holiday "hec-tivity" as I like to call it!
I know it pales in comparison, but today will be a sad one for me... its my only daughter's 17th birthday and she's far away in NC. Its just not the same to talk on the phone, and too un-natural for me to be doing this with her! My oldest will be 21 in August, but with his marching in the drum corps, he's been away from home on his b-day since he turned 16.

Take care all, and have a great day!

Mary
Mary.........sorry you are so far from your daughter on her B-Day.
I know the phone is not the same thing but at least it is something. Hope you have a great mom and daughter conversation.
Oh and I love "hec tivity". Cool.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:28 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Hello everyone,

As we approach what will be a very busy weekend for many, I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah (though a bit belated), Happy Kwanzaa, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Froehliche Weihnachten, Buon Natale, Mele Kalikimaka and/or whatever other greeting would be appropriate for your choice of celebration. (I hope I covered everyone)

May all you holiday wishes come true, may you enjoy the comfort and friendship of friends and family, and may your bathroom scale not be completely overwhelmed by all the goodies you will enjoy in the next few days.

My very best wishes to all my Delaware forum friends.

Charley

Old 12-21-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Hello everyone,

As we approach what will be a very busy weekend for many, I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah (though a bit belated), Happy Kwanzaa, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Froehliche Weihnachten, Buon Natale, Mele Kalikimaka and/or whatever other greeting would be appropriate for your choice of celebration. (I hope I covered everyone)

May all you holiday wishes come true, may you enjoy the comfort and friendship of friends and family, and may your bathroom scale not be completely overwhelmed by all the goodies you will enjoy in the next few days.

My very best wishes to all my Delaware forum friends.

Charley
And the very best to you too Charley. Looks like you covered all the greetings but I'm sure if you missed one, someone will let you know.

And thanks for all the research you have done for the people of this forum. It takes time to do this and you have provided factual information that helped many people including myself.
So and great big
HAPPY TO HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS
and may 2008 be the best year ever!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware