Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 05:19 PM

12 posts, read 14,308 times

Advertisements

Speaking of the Garden State, If you find yourself needing to cross the DMB, set your GPS to 338 N Broadway Pennsville. Pennsville Custard Stand’s hand dipped strawberry, peach and pumpkin ice creams are delish. The farm stand next door has homemade pies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 01:55 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,275,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmamsquared View Post
Speaking of the Garden State, If you find yourself needing to cross the DMB, set your GPS to 338 N Broadway Pennsville. Pennsville Custard Stand’s hand dipped strawberry, peach and pumpkin ice creams are delish. The farm stand next door has homemade pies.
We're not speaking of New Jersey.

Old 10-09-2021, 06:19 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,428,430 times
I just got back from the Apple-Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville. I went last night for the music and today for the car show and to eat there. Last night street parking was allowed - today parking in lots with shuttle service. Everything was so well-organized and went so smoothly. No wait for the shuttle going to the festival or leaving, lots of food options, a large car show, more musical entertainment and lots of vendors. It was crowded and it looked to me like everyone was having a good time. The longest line was for apple dumplings. I am glad I went.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:34 AM

Default Lewes in Bloom

Recently I went to Sussex County to see the tulips in Bethany Beach. They were beautiful, but I was a little early to see them in all their full glory, so a return visit is planned soon. On my way back I stopped in Lewes, as I had heard of Lewes in Bloom. There is a historic house (1730) which is the headquarters of the Chamber of Commerce in Zwaanendael Park, adjacent to the museum on Savannah Road with walking maps available, showing the main areas in town participating. Over 32,000 bulbs were planted last fall. Visit Lewes in bloom.org for more information. I did not get to visit all the spots in Lewes on my recent visit, so will stop by again soon.

Old 04-10-2022, 02:36 PM

13,058 posts, read 18,137,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Recently I went to Sussex County to see the tulips in Bethany Beach. They were beautiful, but I was a little early to see them in all their full glory, so a return visit is planned soon. On my way back I stopped in Lewes, as I had heard of Lewes in Bloom. There is a historic house (1730) which is the headquarters of the Chamber of Commerce in Zwaanendael Park, adjacent to the museum on Savannah Road with walking maps available, showing the main areas in town participating. Over 32,000 bulbs were planted last fall. Visit Lewes in bloom.org for more information. I did not get to visit all the spots in Lewes on my recent visit, so will stop by again soon.
Did you know that in April around the 3rd week, but it changes, there is the annual tulip dig and you can dig up as many bulbs as you want? You have to get there early as they start the dig at 8 am and not a second before. Seasoned veterans stake their area out and get there around 7:30 armed with shovels and bags. You are only permitted to dig the tulips up and noting else.

Old 04-10-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Did you know that in April around the 3rd week, but it changes, there is the annual tulip dig and you can dig up as many bulbs as you want? You have to get there early as they start the dig at 8 am and not a second before. Seasoned veterans stake their area out and get there around 7:30 armed with shovels and bags. You are only permitted to dig the tulips up and noting else.
Wow! That must be something to see, like an Easter Egg Hunt. The displays are beautiful, some clusters of same color tulips, other beds different colors and heights, so I could see why people stake out an area they like. Thanks for the info.

PS. I just checked and tulip dig is 8am Friday, April 29.

Old 04-11-2022, 05:13 PM

I'm in the Dover area, and drove through the City today. There were bright, blooming, tulips EVERYWHERE! They are showing no signs of wilting, or quitting the show! It's especially nice that our tulips are blooming profusely for Easter weekend, and then some. Yes, Dover does the tulip dig, but with these tulips looking so lively, they're not even thinking about that.

Old 04-11-2022, 05:40 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,875,306 times
For anyone who is interested, the Air Mobility Command Museum at the Dover Air Force Base is hosting it's very first open cockpit day since before the pandemic started. It is this Saturday April 16th from 10am to 3pm. If you miss it this month it happens every third Saturday of the month. Admission is free and volunteers are there to answer questions. The indoor museum is also free, but donations are appreciated and there is great little store there as well.

As a side note, my hubby was awared Volunteer of the Year for 2021! He's in restoration and loves it!

Old 04-11-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I'm in the Dover area, and drove through the City today. There were bright, blooming, tulips EVERYWHERE! They are showing no signs of wilting, or quitting the show! It's especially nice that our tulips are blooming profusely for Easter weekend, and then some. Yes, Dover does the tulip dig, but with these tulips looking so lively, they're not even thinking about that.
I was there today, too. The tulips are at peak right now and will last for a few weeks. Definitely worth a trip to see. I also didn’t know until last week that the Dover Library has a large tulip garden on its roof, best viewed from inside the library, second floor.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I was there today, too. The tulips are at peak right now and will last for a few weeks. Definitely worth a trip to see. I also didn’t know until last week that the Dover Library has a large tulip garden on its roof, best viewed from inside the library, second floor.
Yes! I forgot to mention that. I could see all the colorful tulips on the roof, from the sidewalk! Dover, has always been the Queen of Tulips! We're hoping the tulips last for Dover Days, May 7th, although that could be a stretch.
https://www.gowherewhen.com/event/dover-days-festival
https://www.visitdelawarevillages.co...ts/dover-days/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware